Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hero Equipment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khor

Khor

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

So right now everyone pretty much agrees, equipping your troops is more important. The overall benefit effects more units, the items are cheaper to make gold wise and require fewer fragments (for most units)

I realize the repair thing is a gold sink and that item repair costs are apparently tied to the value of the total fragments put into it or something... So with that in mind, and without removing that gold sink.... Why do hero weapons have the same durability? Or any durability? I just dont think they should need repaired.

Consider that its 5 fragments to make a weapon for ONE guy, a weapon of basically same quality.
As opposed to 3 fragments for arming 20 people! And the durability/repair cost is the same ? Well, something should change at any rate. Eventually your units will all have nice gear, maybe the best gear, and you can finally work on gearing your heroes. I know heroes scale better and get lots of hp and such but it'd still be a good way to encourage gearing heroes, i've found some items for my heroes but i dont use them, not worth the repair cost compared to equipping my troops.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:56 am

Quick answer:

Heroes' items need special attention by the smiths! Wink
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:44 am

My hero is a smith ! He can take care of his own darn weapon Razz!!

Quick semi-related question. Do items lose more durability if the hero/squad DIES ? It'd be cool if durability was based on losses received.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:17 pm

No they don't. (Don't let others hear you saying that...they will atack you! lol)
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm

This does bring up the point that equipping a hero is significantly inferior to equipping units. The big power discrepancy is caused by equipping 20+ units vs 1 unit. The next problem is scaling - since heroes tend to have better base stats, it makes the stat gains from items less attractive.

Are there plans to perhaps vary the scaling of stats based on the unit/hero they are equipped to? Or scale AP based on the benefits of the item on a per unit basis?
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm

I just went to repair some items. Uncommon light infantry weapon? 160g, repaired. Uncommon hero weapon? 700. SCRAPPED FOR PARTS.

While we are on the topic, what is the point of Durability? Does this make an item cheaper to repair or does it literally just mean you dont have to repair it as often ? Because right now its basically the worst thing ever an item can get, if durability made an item last much much longer IN A COST EFFICIENT WAY, then it might not be so bad. Basically trading some stats to save some money. But looking at it now i feel it would last longer between repairs, but will cost more.

Do you plan on having us struggle with repair slots so durability is better? ;o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hero Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Equipment   Hero Equipment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hero Equipment
Page 1 of 1