Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Light assault equipment

Go down 
+2
Urfang
Latexlord
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Latexlord

Latexlord

Light assault equipment Empty
PostSubject: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:25 am

Hi everyone.

Light assault can't wear armor. But what if you replace the armor slot by a second weapon slot ? All those units got 2 weapons in the art... Why not two magical one ?

Yeah, that's only a "fluff" suggestion. It might even be totally useless. But it's pretty fun imo Wink
Back to top Go down
Urfang

Urfang

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:42 am

I like the idea Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 2:25 am

Oh... definitely! This fits perfectly with the class!

Also, they need their caps increased (since they share the same caps as normal LI)
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 2:27 am

yeah, I'd agree, I think that would add some depth and actually allow them to scale a little better. plus, dual wielding is supar cool
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:10 am

It was suggested in a thread when LIAs were introduced.

The criticism of the idea was that they would hit caps too easily with 2 weapons. I didnt see that as a horrible thing though since item APs are decently balanced.

I think this is a way to offer a lot more variation between unit archetypes. Perhaps there could be an archetype that has multiple heroes attached instead of banners/artifacts. Or giant special units that cant have heroes, but wield 2 weapons and wear 3 pieces of armor. No artifacts or banners needed.

Lots of combinations that could be cool. Just food for thought/inspiration.
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

hmmmm... if they're not allowed to get a second weapon slot outright, perhaps they'd gain a new equipment type of "Seondary weapons" Given them access to smaller weapons, something that gives them less of a boost but still allows them to keep up with other troops in scaling despite missing a slot.
Back to top Go down
Gwar

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 am

Not sure if this was discussed in the LIA thread before, but maybe it's possible to just have higher offensive stat Caps for LIA? After all, it does seem what they were made for; assault - Hit hard, hit fast, and pray to whatever deity you like to not get hit in return...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light assault equipment   Light assault equipment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light assault equipment
Page 1 of 1