Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)

Go down 
+4
Boboknack
venumuse
Strachu
RuneSlayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) Empty
PostSubject: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 12:53 am

We made a new video for Empyrean Rule, which is an actual battle between 2 members of our team. This is a very early build, but you will get an idea of how battles are played in Empyrean Rule.

I am doing the press release for the new video on Monday, but I wanted to present it to you guys 1 day earlier.

I am playing against LightShield and I am also doing the commentary.

So...here you are https://youtu.be/CsdjCAASzrc

Like the video and subscribe for more videos to come!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 am

wow looks really nice
any test server? Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:39 am

Strachu wrote:
wow looks really nice
any test server? Smile

Not yet! Smile
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:50 am

The game looks awesome!!!

Couple questions of my own xD

1. Is there a limit to how many heroes/necromancers a player can have per battle?

2. I saw a giant castle in the background on a mountain, will defending a castle possibly be a new terrain? Like where 1 player fights behind walls and the other player has to take down a gate in order to breach the enemy?

3. I noticed Lightshields units stopped right before your achers line of fire...Can the enemy see where your archers line of fire stops or does Lightshield know it by heart? lol

4. Is there a huge bonus to flanking in this game? Because I noticed your units were spread out widely among the battlefield to prevent units from coming behind.

5. Follow up question to number 4, What stops a player from grouping all their units together to make a ball and all rushing together? Because if Lightshield I had done that to you, it seems like your 4 units on the right would be useless and show up to late to the battlefield.

6. From looking at the mini map, I noticed it is very massive and you spawned in the middle of it. It didn't seem like you need that big of a map for 1v1, so does that mean their will be multiplayer with 2v2 or 3v3?

7. I noticed there is a catapult that worked very well against HI and LI. Will their be different catapults/artillery? Like maybe one that shoots a giant arrow to pierce those bloody strong Hill Giants? Wink

8. Even though the archers didn't fire, will there be an option to make them auto fire within range of enemy units or will you always have to click the unit you want them to fire at?

Sorry if I asked too much but this game is too awesome not to ask questions cheers
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 am

Thank you for your kind words venumuse!

You can ask any questions you may have in the official forums of Empyrean Rule.

For now, your answers are here:

1. 0-2

2. Conquering regions is a rather elaborate mechanism. One player won't be able to lay siege to a castle, but a Guild/Empire can.

3. No, you can't. I think he got lucky and I was UNlucky. Wink

4. Yes, of course. The flanked unit receive penalties in Morale and its fighting capability during an engagement.

5. LightShield didn't know what my army was consisted of. With AOE spells/abilities and artillery units, sending your units in mass, can be quite catastrophic.

6. Up to 6vs6. Wink

7. Of course! Cannons, bolt throwers, mortars, etc.

8. No auto fire option. Smile

Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:38 am

Couple questions not related to the video:

1. Will their be cavalry?

2. Follow up, if there is cavalry, will their be different kinds of cavalry units like archers along with swords men on the horses?

3. Have you considered adding units with spears or pikes to counter cavalry?

4. Will you add a night time battle with even less visibility due to fog of war at night?

5. Follow up, If there is a night time battle, could players know ahead of time and add torches to their units in return for negative defense stats in exchange?

6. Is there going to be a AP or GS thing for each army just like in BC?

7. What will the game be like when a player isn't in battle? Will we see something similar to BC, where players upgrade resource buildings, barracks, wharehouse, etc?

8. Will there be some sort of trading or auction house in the game?

I hope you can answer some of these especially the last 2 Wink bounce
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 10:06 am

Use the ER Forums! Smile

1. Of course... Smile

2. Several types... Wink ER is in an fantasy setting...so the possibilities are endless Wink

3. Most...DEFINITELY. Smile

4. Yes! In fact, some units/races will benefit from battles during the night.

5. Well, the idea is to have a full day/night cycle in the game world, which of course will be faster than regular ones i.e. 1 full day in-game will be 6 hours in real time.

6. There will be several factors which affect the composition of an army, to prevent armies with 10 Giants or 10 Cavalry units, or 10 Heroes... Wink

7. There will be infrastructure development, but in a much grander level. Players don't own cities or regions, Guilds/Empires do. As the game is a persistent world, when a player is offline the game world continues to exist and a lot of things can happen. Smile

8. Of course!
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 10:58 am

Maybe if you had a link to the ER forums stickied somewhere in this forum I could navigate to it Razz
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 11:19 am

venumuse wrote:
Maybe if you had a link to the ER forums stickied somewhere in this forum I could navigate to it Razz

Click on Empyrean Rule and then go to "Community" Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

Looks promising! bounce
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Boboknack wrote:
Looks promising! bounce

Thank you Boboknack...!

This is but one of the gameplay layers... The persistent open world has not been shown yet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm

It looks really nice.

As i'm not an pvp-player:
How long will an solo fight last?
- Normal speed
- Fast forward
?

Comparable wit BC?

I would like to see a higher speed-up, tbh.
For solos and especially for coop.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:47 pm

9999 wrote:
It looks really nice.

As i'm not an pvp-player:
How long will an solo fight last?
- Normal speed
- Fast forward
?

Comparable wit BC?

I would like to see a higher speed-up, tbh.
For solos and especially for coop.

Thank you 9999!

The time depends on how aggressive a player is and how big the armies participating are.

There is no fast forward option.
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:10 pm

i am pumped...looks like great fun.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:16 am

hmm it will be a rowser game or we will need to download client to play it ?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:27 am

Pyr wrote:
hmm it will be a rowser game or we will need to download client to play it ?

Release version will require installation.

If everything goes well, we will try to port it as a web browser game as well.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:46 am

hmm nice but well i hink it will be more complicated not as simple as BC just go and kill Very Happy

well i like the idea of solo heroses but i think the speelcaster is too strong (dont know maby that mele hero is also strong but well smmuon whole unit behind opponet army :O that is very strong thing)

and well who won that battle because it is cut Sad
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:51 am

Pyr wrote:
hmm nice but well i hink it will be more complicated not as simple as BC just go and kill Very Happy

well i like the idea of solo heroses but i think the speelcaster is too strong (dont know maby that mele hero is also strong but well smmuon whole unit behind opponet army :O that is very strong thing)

and well who won that battle because it is cut Sad

Well, you can find more information about Empyrean Rule in the Empyrean Rule Forums. Smile

Heroes are indeed strong..but they are not invincible. Wink

Well...we are preparing a new battle, with some new stuff...so I am not sure we are going to upload the remainder of that battle. We have already added new stuff and the gameplay video seems already a bit old Smile
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:58 am

well i think i just broke database or you are doing something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:59 am

Pyr wrote:
well i think i just broke database or you are doing something Very Happy

Not your fault...there is something wrong with the hosting company..We have informed them and we are waiting for them to fix it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:03 am

well so i am not that big so i cant fit to databse Sad

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Nice video RuneSlayer!
It's funny..... after interacting with you all this time, to me you always sounded like a Dwarf!

Totally not what I expected when I heard you talking! Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 12:42 am

XViper wrote:
Nice video RuneSlayer!
It's funny..... after interacting with you all this time, to me you always sounded like a Dwarf!

Totally not what I expected when I heard you talking! Smile

Smile

I get that a lot. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)   Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empyrean Rule Battle Footage (RuneSlayer Vs LightShield)
Page 1 of 1