Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!

Go down 
+5
Souless
RuneSlayer
Chip56
Hegorn
Archer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer

STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! Empty
PostSubject: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Ok, when we were told we'd have a heads up on the region bonuses BEFORE Guildwars started, we thought we'd... well... know the region bonuses before guildwars started.

We don't.

Temple:Gives a healing time reduction for units and heroes.
Yeah! Great!... wait, how big of a reduction? Is it another worthless 5%? Because I really couldn't care less about dropping a 10 minute healing time down to 9 minutes 30 seconds. That won't impact my gameplay at all. But if its a 25% reduction, that's a good noticeable drop! We'd have to seriously look into taking that region then.

Training grounds:Gives XP bonus to unitsin battles Yeah--again, HOW MUCH?If its a paltry 3% or 5%, really won't notice that. Don't care, not worth the time. If its 10%, that could make the difference for leveling units. It wouldn't be a pittance.

Resource bonuses: again, --HOW MUCH??-- (noticing a theme here?) What if its a flat rate bonus per person? say 500 or 1000 a day per person in the guild? Is it a flat rate PER GUILD, that is then shared between all the players (so a smaller guild gets more per person than a larger?) Or maybe its a % increase to building production? Or is it a % increase to ALL resource gain (even from battles?) These questions will answer whether guilds want them or not.

Special Units: How badass is the troll? It's going to take a rough n tough guild to take that region and hold it, since its right on the border now! What about the spider swarm? Will it be so weak that all someone needs is a rolled up sunday newspaper to take it down and out? What are their special abilities? Do spiders poison/web their enemies? Do any of them fill roles that are lacked by other races (dwarf cavalry/archers?) How many units can each person have? unlimited? or only 1 of each special the guild controls? I'd like to know what my guild is buying BEFORE we make a downpayment on the region!

Upgrades:We know supplies are going to be important, but HOW important? (maybe we should take TWO 'rich' regions for the supply bonus?!) We also already know we can upgrade zones, but how far? for what benefit? how long does it take? Maybe that iron bonus is terrible at level 1, but by level 4 it's just the best thing on the map?! Can we upgrade special unit regions and make the units stronger? Or make it so players can have more of them? or at a lower research requirement?

Com'on! Give us information! Not just vague little droppings!
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Archer and his passionate pleas. Heh. I doubt it is any surprise that I agree that numbers are needed to help make good decisions. I wonder if they did not include the numbers because they may change based on upgrades that we put into the region. Resource bonuses aside, I do think it is important to know the stats on the new units.

The questions/requests I have:
  • What are the stats on the new units?
  • Will these resources move on the map ever? Or different dynamic resources that are temporary on the map?
  • One thing I read before was that units acquired through GW will be lost if your guild loses the territory. Are these units intended to be "throwaway" mercenary units that players dont invest into heavily? Or are they intended to have XP growth and be units that we want to develop long term. If it is the latter, then I dont think we should lose the unit when we lose access to their territory. Instead I would suggest that we cannot use them in battle unless our guild holds the related region. They would just be greyed out, but retain accumulated XP.

Overall, looks like a good start to a fun system.

Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:40 am

And what we really need to know is how we will get influence.
Will it only be by battles and tiered to CP gained?
Will you have to pay resources to keep them?
Will already gained CP be converted into influence?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 am

You bastard RuneSlayer!! Give more info to the masses!!!!!! Smile

1. All Regional Bonuses are upgradeable. Therefore, the bonus increases with the level.

2. In a nutshell, Influence is related to the CPs gained and the Military Command given by a Guild. You can do solo battles to gain Influence but you still need Command Points for those battles. As always, CO-OPs and PvPs do not require Command Points, BUT we are trying something new with GW. Players do not get to choose CO-OP/PvP but instead they will be placed in the Lobby and depending on the treaties they have with other Guilds, they can play with/against other players in CO-OPs or PvPs.

3. You do not pay to keep Influence, but other Guilds can reduce your Guild's Influence. In a coming update, Guilds will be able to place Bounties on Regions acquiring Influence by other Players attacking the specific Regions and the Players gaining Gold in return. All Guilds can place Bounties on Regions, but only the highest Bidder will prevail.

4. Archer, since you are asking about the Temple, let me give you an example. At level 3 the Temple provides a 6% reduction in healing cost/time and at level 10 the reduction is 20%. Be advised that the Regional Bonuses can be upgraded to level 25. Still think not worth the time?

5. Supplies are important and you won't be able to upgrade the defenses, upgrade the Supply production AND the regional bonus with just 1 Region's supplies. Therefore, make sure that you have enough Supplies first, before you go ahead and upgrade everything on a Region. If the Supplies are not enough, then either your Defenses or the Regional Bonus will drop a level and will continue doing so until the Supplies suffice.

6. The moment you were all be waiting for. Units and their stats. Lemme give you an example: Cave Giant  Melee:40 Strength:80 Endurance: 70 Attacks/round:5 Hps:20 Armor:35 Movement:10 AP:400

Last edited by RuneSlayer on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 am

I love the way this game is changing, very good work Smile

Do the regional bonus units die forever and leveling like the other non-unit regional things or do they level with experience like a normal unit and can be kept?

Shall the expected update start today?
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:08 am

Will every region be producing supplies to guild? (even that ones with special buildings?)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:12 am

kuba_ wrote:
Will every region be producing supplies to guild? (even that ones with special buildings?)

That is correct.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 am

units from regions will be better after lvl up in battle or after upgrade region buiding?
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks for the extra infos Rune--That was much more of what we were looking for!

And I didn't actually expect the bonuses to be worthless, but it was a good way to get a response =D

Because yes... a 50% bonus would be WELL worth my attention!
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Now... one more thing I' like cleared up before GW starts

It's very straightforward and simple... an I know everyone else would like an answer to it as well.

--WHERE"S THE FLAPPIN' DRAGON!?!?!

.... seriously
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:48 am

Any and all details are good to know. Thanks.

Will all these units have their own abilities?

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:24 am

Dragons...will come....trust me... Wink We have tons of surprises up our sleeves..

All units will come with unique abilities and most of them will have more than 1.

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:24 am

Very nice. Any teasers to what those new unique abilities are?

Appetizers for the GW release...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 am

Sure thing...but only the names... Wink

Acid Splash
Web
Intimidate
Confused
Killer Instinct
Evasion
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: bonuses   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 am

1. When the region changes owners, the leveled-up bonuses just reset to lvl 1, right? (or just drop a level or so?..)

2. Will the Ancient Forge give another rarity/type of item to craft, or just the bonuses to craft/repair times and percentages?

3. How many weeks after the regional updates will the defensive functions be implemented?

4. (fine, you can keep ignoring this, I'll repeat anyway bounce)
- will unique units be able to level up?
- how many such units can one person have?

prereq. to them?.. (I don't think that allowing every noob to have such unit is wise so there must be some...things preventing such case Suspect

and.. unique/gw units is a different thing from special units, right? confused

charcount: 0.7k
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:13 am

Fyrr wrote:
1. When the region changes owners, the leveled-up bonuses just reset to lvl 1, right? (or just drop a level or so?..)

It is considered that GW operations have destroyed the infrastructure of the Region and the defeated Guild destroyed any remaining infrastructure so as not to benefit the enemy capturing the Region.

Fyrr wrote:
2. Will the Ancient Forge give another rarity/type of item to craft, or just the bonuses to craft/repair times and percentages?

Just the bonuses....for now.

Fyrr wrote:
3. How many weeks after the regional updates will the defensive functions be implemented?

First layer will enable Guild Warfare i.e. issuing Guild Military Commands, conquering Regions etc. Diplomacy will also be enabled, which will affect the matchmaking. We are trying to squeeze in Guild emblems and Guild colors as well. The second layer will include Regional Management (Upgrading Infrastructure), Guild Regions Window, Regional Bonuses (Recruitment etc.) and possibly Regional Defenses. The third layer will include Guild WarParties (surprised...? Wink ), FOW and some other surprises. In regards to timing, we expect the 2nd layer to be ready in around 2 weeks from today and the third layer in around 3-4 weeks from today.

Fyrr wrote:
4. (fine, you can keep ignoring this, I'll repeat anyway )
- will unique units be able to level up?
- how many such units can one person have?

- Guild Units won't be able to gain XP in battle.
- There will be a limit, related to AP. There might also be a limitation in the number of times a Guild unit can be used during a day.

Fyrr wrote:
prereq. to them?.. (I don't think that allowing every noob to have such unit is wise so there must be some...things preventing such case )

and.. unique/gw units is a different thing from special units, right?

I doubt a new player will be able to field a 400 AP unit by itself, taking into consideration the 30% LI/RA limitation during army composition.

Yes, Guild units are different than Special units. Special units will gain XP normally and have no usage limitation in a day.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Heh. Someone else who asks for as many details as I do.

Thanks for the info. Really helps us make better decisions. Appetizer on the abilities keeps us thinking too.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:24 am

Wink
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Another quick question to clarify something.

Will Guild Influence be affected by Conquest Point standings prior to the launch of GW in any way?

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Hegorn wrote:
Another quick question to clarify something.

Will Guild Influence be affected by Conquest Point standings prior to the launch of GW in any way?

No, it won't. However, it is a good idea to secure foothold, as Guilds can only control Regions which their Faction owns.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:20 am

Thanks Rune. That helped squash some rumors that were confusing some people about where the real fighting needed to be.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Runeslayer?   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am

kuba_ wrote:
units from regions will be better after lvl up in battle or after upgrade region buiding?

What I think Kuba is asking is, "Can regionally gained units (Giant, Troll, etc) be upgraded, like the Goldmine or Forge?"

You hinted that Mercenary/UniqueGWUnits would not be able to be upgraded in a different post, but it was in response to leveling using XP. I just wanted to make sure that the units gained for a Guild through Region Control were not upgradable through any means.....and if they are able to be upgraded, how?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 pm

THAN0S wrote:
kuba_ wrote:
What I think Kuba is asking is, "Can regionally gained units (Giant, Troll, etc) be upgraded, like the Goldmine or Forge?"

You hinted that Mercenary/UniqueGWUnits would not be able to be upgraded in a different post, but it was in response to leveling using XP. I just wanted to make sure that the units gained for a Guild through Region Control were not upgradable through any means.....and if they are able to be upgraded, how?
Well I could be wrong but it seems you can upgrade the special units stats not through exp but through resources. Like I said I could be wrong but that is mostly what I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!   STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STILL need to know the region bonuses Runeslayer!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: