Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bring back cp ranking

Go down 
+16
Wave_Rida
Claudandus
ysosad
Drennalin
clambam
Anduin
RuneSlayer
Valmeijar
kuba_
Tibr
Bobba
soulthief
Steinhund
Taters
Scaren
Pyr
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pyr

Bring back cp ranking Empty
PostSubject: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 am

bring it back !!

who didnt like it ?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 am

hehe went from 21 to 391. These new rankings are a joke. Just when I thought the devs wanted to put everyone on a even playing field and let cps actually matter  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Taters

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 am

Scaren wrote:
hehe went from 21 to 391. These new rankings are a joke. Just when I thought the devs wanted to put everyone on a even playing field and let cps actually matter  Rolling Eyes 

+1

CP ranking was the best thing in whole update. Finally, active players were promoted more than idle ones.

But it looks like making the good things bad in this game is some kind of a rule lately.

EDIT: Just another kick in the nuts for Olympus players
Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:05 am

first of all i agree on wanting the cps ranking back,it was the best change from the whole Update\Merge...

RuneSlayer wrote:

(...)

Rankings...

Fame is called City Score now. In a game which never ends and never resets, the City Score (building lvls and tech lvls) shouldn't matter in Rankings, because simply the oldest active players will always be at the top. This IS a war game and what matters in Battle Conquest is CP. You want to be considered a veteran? Prove it on the battlefield. Building lvls and tech lvls are just the means towards unlocking new features, not the determinants of your Rankiing.

The more active you are, the higher the difficulty of the battles you choose to do, the more PvPs you do, the more CP you will generate and the higher your ranking.

With the old system, if I paid $1000 on one go, I could easily climb to the first page of the Rankings, paying my way up... Remember....We are not a Pay to Win game....and will never be.

(btw i was really happy when i readed tis answer from rune)

What has changed the "dev-oppinnion"? why we got the fame ranking back now??

edit.:

"Remember....We are not a Pay to Win game....and will never be"

>>after this update these words sounds like a big Lie to me but nvm..

Last edited by Steinhund on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:54 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:12 am

This isn't a war game. It's called BUILDING conquest.
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Okay now wait a minute   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:13 am

When I leave BC1 and go to Olympus I give up my troops lvl, 50k fame and 100k cp.

When I leave Olympus to go to Hades I keep my fame but it is now worthless again almost 50k, and I again loose all CP.

I finally fight my way back into the top 10 here on Hades, only to go to 43 after the update, and loose about one half of my fame.

Please let me know how that is fair...

ST

Last edited by soulthief on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:14 am

Taters wrote:
Scaren wrote:

+1

CP ranking was the best thing in whole update. Finally, active players were promoted more than idle ones.

But it looks like making the good things bad in this game is some kind of a rule lately.

CP/2 or CP/1! not CP/5. Otherwise very few people from Olympus are likely to get any aether from the new world... Don't forget that being further along (higher fame) already makes it easier to make CPs due to higher difficulties and AP's to bring because of barracks level.

100k cps REDUCED to 45k fame. Except 45k fame is almost 250k CP's worth of fame and most of us Olympus players have WAY less city fame to start from than Erevos players. After playing Olympus actively for it's whole life span, I only have 2.6k fame INCLUDING the fame generated by my 5k cps! If I had been playing Erevos this time I'd probably have at least 10k city score by now! And if I hadn't reset my original Erevos account to see exactly what the issue with undead was, then I'd have tens of thousands. Now I'm not complaining a lot because of the reset, since that was my own decision and I knew the account would be deleted. But I am complaining that after this time invested in Olympus that Erevos gets much further ahead due to enormous cost differences, and now to top it off the ranking SEVERELY bias towards the Erevos players. I know you want to say after months it will balance out, but only if the Erevos players are lazy. They have more CP generation ability than 95%+ of the active Olympus players. So basically now we have received a 1-2 punch. No help to allow us to catch up to Erevos players and rankings reverted to make it harder for us to have a reasonable ranking in Hades.

It's not fair to us Olympus players to assume that Erevos players will be lazy and let us pass them up. It's like the old pvp undead system where we had to assume undead would be lazy, ball up, and/or let us get all the flanks, otherwise undead would win. And we know how fair that was...
Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 am

ok my bad ..now i readed the patch notes and its absolutly ridiculus..and the units are still running around like drunken monkeys (so this time it was a 3_step backward 0_step forward update ->congratz)

and it proove that *it is a PAY 2 WIN game* no matter what u can read in the rune-quote if u scrool up..

im really frustrated on this..and cose i dont wanna say to much unfriendly stuff i preffer to just leave it and say nothing more about this.

Last edited by Steinhund on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 am

I support City+CP/2.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 am

City score shouldnt be part of ranking where Aether is reward. It is very unfair to Olympus players since they are about 6 months back, and they had to build their city for more resources than players on Erevos.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am

You probably should just ask for some free aether for Olympus players and be done with bringing up the same argument that will be obsolete after few months. Seriously, since we only have one ranking, dont you think it should represent players lifetime efforts instead of just current cycle? Not having city score in ranking was a bad move, adding too much of it is equally suboptimal. Hence the system only needs to be adjusted a little so that you still show that it matters to have invested months over months into your city but also show that activity matters a lot more. = City+CP/2. If veterans stay active after a year of play new active players will be at a slight advantage. Sure, makes perfect sense to have that slim advantage for being a freaking fossil. Now look at it from another perspective .. the longer you play the less active you become... I just dont believe any active players will have trouble to outrun almost every old fart in the rankings within 3-6 months of a game cycle. And after that you will revolt asking for your city to matter more ...
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 am

Tibr wrote:
I support City+CP/2.

After doing some math, I realize I have to get 300k CPS with the current formula to be #1. That's assuming NOBODY in the top 100 gets any CPS at all. My chance to be in top 100 with this formula is about as high as my chance to survive driving a car out of a plane at 6000 feet altitude. For some reason I am not motivated at all to earn cps with this formula... hmm... not sure why though.

So, AT LEAST CP/2. I'd still need over 100k CP or city fame equivalent to catch up... which is honestly still ridiculous. But at least people would still be able to say "yay I played a long time and get a headstart! I don't have to play as much anymore to be in high rankings!".

Honestly I like CP/1 better... but CP/2 is way better than me just forgetting ranks altogether.

Even with CP/2 I think 45k fame is still a stupid requirement for Aether... Highest levels get it for free... but not all low level players have the time to do a thousand+ of battles to earn 90k CP for it. (thousand because most of us don't have suicide modes to farm for 160 CP like higher level players... My coops only get in the 60's, yay)
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 am

I said that many times before. I do not understand why in fighting game exist builders ranking. Its nonsense. Upgrading your city should give you advantage (crafting items, more cp to gain per fight, more and better units, auction house) to get high in the ranking, however ranking is ranking and should reflect how much player helped or not (guild wars) his faction in current cycle.

So if you ask me about fame/city score, there might be separate ranking for that but main ranking should be based only on CP.
Back to top Go down
Valmeijar

Valmeijar

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 am

The best solution in my opinion would be to recalculate RG building levels for all players based on current building cost, then assign whatever ranking option you want.

I think it is incredibly unfair for new players that they'll have to pay two or three times more or have to wait two or three times longer to get to the same place.

Last edited by Valmeijar on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: for those who want life time ratings   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 am

I agree with life time ratings for continuous play 100%. Therefore my scores before I left for Olympus were over 50k fame and over 100k for cp, I was in the top 15 when I left. I ask that my fame of an additional 47 ish K fame and 35k cp from Olympus be added I was the number 1 player on Olympus, and add the current 17k and change plus my current upgrades.

Or make me whole again by offering gems or items from the shop. I too do not want to take or cut in line for any player that stayed on BC1 the entire time.

I just want a fair deal or compromise I can live with.

ST
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:02 am

Pyr wrote:
bring it back !!

who didnt like it ?

Several actually, but that is not the point. The point is to provide something which is fair for everybody.

Scaren wrote:
hehe went from 21 to 391. These new rankings are a joke. Just when I thought the devs wanted to put everyone on a even playing field and let cps actually matter Rolling Eyes

Players are on an even playing field and CP do matter. I explain how it was before and how it is now. Fame emphasizes on CP generation..

Taters wrote:
+1

EDIT: Just another kick in the nuts for Olympus players

Taters...I will add a new title just for you... "Grumpy"... Smile

--------------

To have Fame depend strictly on the City Score, AS IT WAS ON EREVOS AND OLYMPUS, BECAUSE THE CP BONUS ON FAME WAS 1/10!!, is not fair for the people who are either more active than veteran players or are simply...new players...

To have Fame depend strictly on CP, is not fair either, because it is like you are discarding the millions of resources, time, effort and determination of players trying to reach high lvl Buildings and techs.

In order to find the right balance between City Score (progression of a player) and CP (actual activity of a player), we reduced the Fame value of each building lvl and tech lvl by 2 (which means that on Olympus/Erevos the Fame value of each building lvl and tech lvl was twice the Fame value on Hades) and increased the CP bonus added to Fame (The CP bonus added to Fame on Olympus/Erevos was 1/10 of CP, while on Hades is 1/5 of CP.) Therefore....the overall Fame depends MORE on the activity of a player than the City Score. (Eg. 1 battle can generate more than 100 CP, which means 50 Fame for a player. If that player plays 20 battles in a day, that means that he gained 1000 Fame in a day, which is A LOT more than what a lvl of tech or building would generate, which would require thousands and thousands of resources and possibly days.

Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Okay runeslayer I see your point   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:09 am

Okay Runeslayer I see your point, but

Since I have no more tech to research or many more building to build and I am working on again raising my cp, how can I ever catch up?

I am asking to be made whole for the gems I bought and invested in building, or something to make this seem more equitable.

Thanks

ST
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:11 am

50 fame from 100 cp is 1/2. Not 1/5

It is exactly what are you saying Runeslayer. With such ratio (50 fame for 100 cp) ranking would be much fairer than now Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:28 am

soulthief wrote:
Okay Runeslayer I see your point, but

Since I have no more tech to research or many more building to build and I am working on again raising my cp, how can I ever catch up?

I am asking to be made whole for the gems I bought and invested in building, or something to make this seem more equitable.

Thanks

ST

A player at your lvl, has exactly the same City Score like you. It is up to CP generation from now on.

kuba_ wrote:
50 fame from 100 cp is 1/2. Not 1/5

It is exactly what are you saying Runeslayer. With such ratio (50 fame for 100 cp) ranking would be much fairer than now Smile

Apologies...too tired...but still the logic of my argument is valid. Don't forget..everybody plays under the same rules, so now that City Score has half the value as it was on Erevos/Olympus and the CP bonus is much bigger, it is fairer for everybody.
Back to top Go down
Taters

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:30 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Please do :3

PS. So how exactly is the new system fair to everybody? It favours Erevos in every single way.

PS2. It's not only me complaining this time, it's the majority of the players base. Consider that please.
Back to top Go down
Anduin

Anduin

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:30 am

+1 to this, I was #1, now I'm #149.

I think CP rankings were much more fair to those of us who came from Olympus, since upgrading is so much slower over there.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:33 am

Taters wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Please do :3

PS. So how exactly is the new system fair to everybody? It favours Erevos in every single way.

PS2. It's not only me complaining this time, it's the majority of the players base. Consider that please.

Taters....the system was just CP, everybody complained.

The system became fairer, as I explained above...everybody complains.

Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: So then   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 am

Meaning all the CP and Fame we left behind is just gone, if so send me back to Olympus.

If that is the case I am asking you again RuneSlayer (2nd Request) to make me whole for the gems I bought and used to buy resources to build. I contend that you have made changes that affected the monies I spent to build.

ST

Last edited by soulthief on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clambam

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 am

In my opinion any player who has a hugely developed city and very experienced army, with more troops and better gear, should be more than capable of pumping out more CP than those less upgraded...if they cannot then they should be ashamed of themselves, and if their reason is that they do not have time to play much anymore, then what is their right to be higher up in the chain for Aether? We are not still on Erevos or Olympus bathing in old glories, this is a new world where everyone should be judged on their actions here.

Bringing back rankings on a pure CP basis would be much fairer, there are also other benfits making it much easier to see who is active and contributing to the war and adding more of an incentive to fight harder to climb the ranks

This is a war game after all, not farmville
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 am

I belive there will never be a perfect system.

I am affraid that in case one side will fall soon (light side generates much more cp) Aether will come to the people who has the biggest city, not for a players who did main job to conquer enemy capital
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring back cp ranking
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next