Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bring back cp ranking

Go down 
+16
Wave_Rida
Claudandus
ysosad
Drennalin
clambam
Anduin
RuneSlayer
Valmeijar
kuba_
Tibr
Bobba
soulthief
Steinhund
Taters
Scaren
Pyr
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 am

Who complained besides Piktas and a few other Everos players? As far as I knew everyone loved the new cps ranking. Clambam puts it in a great way.
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: here here for Clambam   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 am

RuneSlayer you have the opportunity to make this right. I hope you do so, or give advance warning before this type of sweeping change.

ST

Clambams Idea is a very good one.
Back to top Go down
Taters

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Taters....the system was just CP, everybody complained.

Who? Where? I never noticed such a thing.

Everyone (in faction chat at least) was happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 am

Taters wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Who? Where? I never noticed such a thing.

Everyone (in faction chat at least) was happy about it.

I agree. People were happy about the rankings.
I just counted 27 out of the 100 people in the top rankings have 0 cps. Way to reward activity and hard work  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am

I would suggest to bring back cp ranking for guild, it showed their true power not potential, it was easier to see which guild is more powerfull/active or add sort by cp in guild ranking
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Ranking by CP was better from several angles.   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am

Whether you spent months upgrading your city or dropped hundreds of quatloos (Star trek for money) doing it is pretty much immaterial.  The bottom line is that pretty much anyone can get there.  What separates the men from the boys in a war game is fighting and fighting a lot.  CP is the best measure of that.  For guild leaders trying to assess their guild,  ranking by CP made life much easier seeing that the people doing the work would be at the top of the list and the people who aren't at the bottom.  PLEAAAASE bring back ranking by CP.  And for the record,  we look worse under the CP rankings and still want them back.   Crying or Very sad 

Dren
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:04 am

Because it is somewhat related to this topic:

http://www.battleconforum.com/t2198-rankings-formula-issue
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: I can live with the now old CP system.   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am

I agree with bringing back the CP system as it was about 3 hours ago.

That gives all of us a fair shake.

Come on  I love you 

ST
Back to top Go down
Anduin

Anduin

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

The system became fairer, as I explained above...everybody complains.

How is this more fair?  Who complained?  I didn't hear any complaints before - I do now though.

The older players who have more developed cities reap the benefits of their efforts by generating more CP per battle and having tons of GLs.  Fame in this case acts as an additional modifier to keep lazy players on top of more active players who play your game.

Those of us who have less developed cities and unmaxed armies already have to work harder to generate the same amount of CP.  Why penalize us further?

Rankings should be decided by how much effort players put into the war.

Why should a lazy vet automatically be placed ahead of a very active player who is actively generating tons of CP?

Last edited by Anduin on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 am

Bring it back. Award those who fight. Otherwise rename the game to bobba the builder conquest. Reference intended Wink

Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 am

Turning the rankings to something that is calculated wrongly ( since we are comparing 2 month playing players with 6 month players), brings an old, unanswered thread to mind
( http://www.battleconforum.com/t2093p15-compensation-for-comparative-progress-on-olympus-vs-erevos ).
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Come on RuneSlayer   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 am

Come on RuneSlayer your the one when I asked that said this is a fighting game.

Put it back the way it was, and let us duke it out.

bounce 

ST
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 am

Runeslayer,

I just discovered this game less than 2 months ago and was on Olympus.  I've been grinding away and just started doing Nightmares a day or two ago.  I grinded away knowing that once I could do Nightmares, I could earn enough Combat Points to at least try to compete with the heavy hitters both on the field and in the rankings (even though I still can't come anywhere near the big guys with tons of Godlike gear doing Suicides).  

With all my intense effort, I was able to get into the 30s in the Rankings here on Hades.  Now, I am in the 730s.  There are at least 400 people with ZERO combat points ahead of me....many with very high Fame scores that it would take me 6 months to catch up with even if those players did nothing.  I was motivated by finally being able to compete in the rankings, but that has been taken away now.

A new world should be based on Meritocracy and what you do in the new world, not a Tenure system that rewards what you did in the past.  But the older players have numerous advantages that help them in the new world.  They have advantages of being able to earn more CPs in Nightmare, Insane, and Suicide.  Those harder battles also earn better fragments (Epic, Godlike).  They can craft better items to help them in battle.  They earn more money from their battles and their quarries/mines and can store more resources in their warehouse, all of which helps them buy better gear and better fragments.  These are all advantages they should use to fight and win CPs for the war.  

The new ranking system simply favors the people that discovered the game first.   You created Olympus because you expected a large influx of players that never materialized.  Now, you are expecting another influx of players.  But why would anyone want to continue playing this game if they know they have no chance of catching up to players who discovered the game a year earlier?
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 am

Bring CP ranking back.

CP ranking is fair as it can be.

Half of players are from Olympus and are't even close with fame as normal Erevos players, while by statistic, they are just as CP output good as Erevos. And if you rank by fame, only Erevos players get bonus aether because they have lot fame. For what? Not battling and waiting for capitals to fall?

CP ranking was one of best improvements of new world. You could see how ppl were really important in the community.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 am

Everything most of you say sounds like "olympus is disadvantaged to erevos".
This isnt a topic about fair ranking anymore, this is about ex-olympus players feeling in inferior position, which is true (however it doesnt matter in few months anymore, but the ranking system will). The only vent ppl see is aether, so why dont you just ask about free aether for all olympus players (where the majority = darks won TWICE and on average have gotten MORE aether than pure erevos players ...) Seriously the only ppl who have the right to put their discomfort into an argument are the olympus light players who got the least aether of all represented "groups".

Please stop making it about aether and construct your argument on "how does a fair ranking system looks like" that would

- take long term effort of players into account
- take activity into account
- take lifetime of players CP into account
- decide what factors matter for aether distribution and what dont
- think whether the veterans who generate less CP really have lower impact on the winning process (with their lvl 25 resource buildings supporting guild system, young players, soon bribing neutral factions, doing politics and paying for walls and bonus regions ...)
- ... i am sure if you think properly you find other aspects of importance - without raging about "nooo i dropped from top 10 to top 200 and it will take me whole 3 weeks to get in top 50 again" and so on.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:40 am

Tibr i do not argue with you, lifetime cp ranking, or pure fame ranking such exist too (as a sort option), but main ranking should be based on CP on current world to see who is the most inflential player in current world, not who was great player on previous world.
Back to top Go down
acxall3

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 am

i agree we need the cp system back
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Thats a fair post tibr   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 am

That's cool tibr and your opinion is welcome. If they restore my life time fame and CP great, if not and this system stays in place as it is now, I would say it is wrong.

It also helps if is dose not feel like your telling us what to do or what we want to vent about.

Either way we will see.

ST
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 am

CP does not show the whole story of players influence.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 am

soulthief wrote:
Meaning all the CP and Fame we left behind is just gone, if so send me back to Olympus.

If that is the case I am asking you again RuneSlayer (2nd Request) to make me whole for the gems I bought and used to buy resources to build. I contend that you have made changes that affected the monies I spent to build.

ST

With every map reset, the CP of the players is reset, but the Fame remains. This is valid for all players.

All accounts from Olympus and Erevos have been transferred to Hades and players have not lost any Fame. All CP for all the players are deleted, therefore everybody starts anew. Olympus and Erevos are no more, but all the accounts have been transferred as they were.

Players gain CP by winning battles. There is no Gems purchase of CP.

The changes made, have affected the whole the population equally and the Fame generated by buildings and technologies has changed equally for everybody.

Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Very true in deed   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

Very True.

But again this is a new world, another fresh start. I am willing to give up all my fame knock all my building back down and start over, with the cp system or a modified cp system, hows that?

ST
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Taters wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

The system became fairer, as I explained above...everybody complains.

Really who complained? Was there a thread about people complaining about the cps ranking? Multiple People have already stated their dislike of the new rankings right on this thread. Tibr I do think this is a slap to the face of Olympus players but it's also saying, hey to new players you will never get into top 100 so why even try?
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Then Why RunSlayer   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 am

Then why did we lose all our fame when we went to Olympus?

Come on now.

ST
Back to top Go down
Taters

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 am

Tibr wrote:
CP does not show the whole story of my influence.

Fixed it for you.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 am

All it tells is you need to play few months to get there. Which is very natural if you start from scratch, same everywhere...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring back cp ranking   Bring back cp ranking - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring back cp ranking
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next