Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AI army contribution has something wrong

Go down 
+2
klaas
Ulfriden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

AI army contribution has something wrong Empty
PostSubject: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 am

Now i post here the matter, for there is something beyond my comprehension, so maybe it is a bug. I post here what i wrote in the poll thread, for im starting to believe that a bug is under our problem with the AI armies.

Mmm, is is just happened:
hex #73, full of cp due we are fighting there since ages, was hit by the dark army. Just before its attack finished, it was at 64% for the light faction. As soon its attack ended, the hex dropped to 18%.
Now my question is: how can be that 12197 cp , the max gainable by the AI army, influenced for the 46% an hex?

12k cp added to the dark faction should count around 1/3 of the 35k contained by an hex. NOT THE 1/2!!!

Is it a bug? This could explain more the problem, at this point.
Again, i strongly suggest that the amount gained by the dark army would be NOT a cp amount but a PERCENTAGE AMOUNT.

The Light Army stroke the 73, then the Dark one did. Devs, please don t let the game only in the hands of the AI. Lower soon their power. I still believe the route is the right one, but u cannot do a change without check how does it work...

It is the time to do something imo =)
46% in a cp filled hex can t be acceptable, isn t it?

If this is a bug, then all is more clear, Thanks as always for your work which make possible our fun and the mayhem

Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:13 am

just now a hex dropped from 41% to 0%.

regional container = 34851; damage by horse: 12197. = 35%.

something is NOT going correct, here
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:16 am

klaas wrote:
just now a hex dropped from 41% to 0%.

regional container = 34851; damage by horse: 12197. = 35%.

something is NOT going correct, here

Klaas it could be the container in that region is still less than the full regional container right? I don't know where 100% starts or how many regions it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:21 am

the guys explained me the thing in the other thread(though i still have not understood it at 100%): regional container is an amount which is taken as base, but the middle hexes have less than it and the ones near the capitals have more, far less and far more in some cases.
So, the contribution of the fixed cp of the AI armies deal far more or far less % damage for this.

41% IS too much. So, if it is not a bug, but a buglike mechanic, i suggest again to reverse the contribution of the AI: keeping fixed the % amount, which can change from (for example) 15% to 20% like today changes between (i guess) 8k to 12k cp.
In this way we can t have again a 41% change in an hex. It will change by 15% to 20% NO MATTER the container of that particular hex. In a middle hex with a container of 24k the AI will deal the 15/20% of 24k, in a hex near a capital it will deal the same % of that container (50K ?).

This will still increase the contribution of the AI near the capital, helping the defending faction due the lower distance of the travel.
A 15/20% contribution is fair, in my pov. A 41% is too much.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 am

Ulfriden wrote:
This will still increase the contribution of the AI near the capital, helping the defending faction due the lower distance of the travel.

I have a problem with the amount of damage, but the huge advantage that the defender gets by virtue of rate of attacks is my biggest issue.

Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:00 am

ysosad wrote:
Ulfriden wrote:

I have a problem with the amount of damage, but the huge advantage that the defender gets by virtue of rate of attacks is my biggest issue.

I always wondered if the capital armies got equal attacks per cycle, if the DF faction army gets to attack more frequently due to proximity, combined with the power of the capital armies, yuck.

And to Ulf, yeah, the way they have the capital army "capped" based off of the 100% regional container cp count creates a bug-like scenario. As mentioned multiple times by others, they really need to cap them at a percentage of each specific region.. at the least.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 am

Dahk wrote:
I always wondered if the capital armies got equal attacks per cycle, if the DF faction army gets to attack more frequently due to proximity, combined with the power of the capital armies, yuck.

It totes does. If that weren't the case the capital armies would be on the same schedule...except the infrequent 'lost' army. DF was getting 2 attacks/cycle to the LF 1 /cycle when they were almost at our gates. (sometimes the DF could get 3 in a cycle)
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 pm

ysosad wrote:
Dahk wrote:

It totes does. If that weren't the case the capital armies would be on the same schedule...except the infrequent 'lost' army. DF was getting 2 attacks/cycle to the LF 1 /cycle when they were almost at our gates. (sometimes the DF could get 3 in a cycle)

And i believe it is acceptable having higher rate of attacks by the defending AI army due the fact that if one side is near its capital means that in that moment that side is weaker, so it can be fair the defending AI attacks more frequently.
2-3 attacks which gain 15%-20% against one is acceptable, fair and balancing. 2-3 which gain over 40% no. This not to not help one side, but to not let the AI becoming the lone rulers of the battlefield obscuring the players efforts.

I am pretty confident that we are very near to the solution of the problem of balancing. Percentage gain instead of cp amount by the AI , capped to an acceptable rate (15-20% suggested) and we have a cool game system that gives the chance of a fair and enjoyable war for both sides.

Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 am

and..3 sequential attacks by dark horsie on one and the same hex. while the lightie horse spreads his attacks. devs, if you can hear me: PLEASE fix this...
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 am

klaas wrote:
and..3 sequential attacks by dark horsie on one and the same hex. while the lightie horse spreads his attacks. devs, if you can hear me: PLEASE fix this...

I think its about time we call for the capital armies to be dismantled entirely, they cause nothing but grief for both sides anyway!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:06 am

attacking a hex that is already 100% red??? i think someone mixed some weird drugs into the horsie's fodder..
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 am

klaas wrote:
attacking a hex that is already 100% red??? i think someone mixed some weird drugs into the horsie's fodder..

I blame Bobo. I hear he has a horse fetish.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Dahk wrote:
klaas wrote:

If only I had those kind of powers! xD
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Boboknack wrote:
Dahk wrote:
klaas wrote:

If only I had those kind of powers! xD

Enchant my horses to make them unbreakable and raise their morale to 100, and make they immune to fear and terror and create in they ancient hatred against elves and rage
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 2:00 am

Boboknack wrote:
klaas wrote:

I think its about time we call for the capital armies to be dismantled entirely, they cause nothing but grief for both sides anyway!

i'm agreeing with this. i like the idea of random booms and busts in hex%, but the current amount of damage they do is a bit too large. hardcap at 10% hex container sounds more like it should be for a random chaos factor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI army contribution has something wrong   AI army contribution has something wrong I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AI army contribution has something wrong
Page 1 of 1