Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lag issues since update

Go down 
+11
Pulkit
Elvira
Gimli
Guyhanerhan
Tops
Fyrr
Juggernaut
RuneSlayer
Johntheright
Boboknack
krawehl
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krawehl

lag issues since update Empty
PostSubject: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:41 pm

First off, I love army sets, great update!

Unfortunately, I am having massive lag problems since the update. I've seen Elvira and Johntheright mention similar issues as well. Many others experience no difference, though. I get the same problem on the test server, so clearly it is somehow the result of today's update.

With an old netbook, low-end for this game but usually ok for pve, I am getting about 1 frame every 2 seconds and controls are mostly unresponsive. I tried with a regular desktop earlier and lagged heavily in a solo, but after refreshing did a few t1 pvps with Pulkit that were fine.

As always, thank you for your efforts, and keep up the great work Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:48 pm

krawehl wrote:
First off, I love army sets, great update!

Unfortunately, I am having massive lag problems since the update. I've seen Elvira and Johntheright mention similar issues as well. Many others experience no difference, though. I get the same problem on the test server, so clearly it is somehow the result of today's update.

With an old netbook, low-end for this game but usually ok for pve, I am getting about 1 frame every 2 seconds and controls are mostly unresponsive. I tried with a regular desktop earlier and lagged heavily in a solo, but after refreshing did a few t1 pvps with Pulkit that were fine.

As always, thank you for your efforts, and keep up the great work Smile

Have had the same experience in the past, flash player update cured it for me.(no new lags this time though!)
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks, but I don't think that's it. I'm running the current Adobe version, and Elvira mentioned problems with several flash players.

Tried with Firefox, IE and Opera btw.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm

krawehl wrote:
Thanks, but I don't think that's it. I'm running the current Adobe version, and Elvira mentioned problems with several flash players.

Tried with Firefox, IE and Opera btw.

omg!
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 pm

I actually had to quit playing because of the lags. Now, late in the evening here, it seems a little bit better, but there's been a weather alarm in my region, just hope(d) that would be it. Last solo I had a very rare disconnect (I think). The whole browser (IE) just stopped working. Eventually it got back up, but that solo was already doomed to be lost. This far everything worked normally well, I do hope this can be solved, playing this way is almost useless. Coops are extremely laggy, can't be played at all.

EDIT : Just tried again after restarting, but it's still the same with the lag, so I'm gonna quit, hoping it'll be better tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Johntheright wrote:
I actually had to quit playing because of the lags. Now, late in the evening here, it seems a little bit better, but there's been a weather alarm in my region, just hope(d) that would be it. Last solo I had a very rare disconnect (I think). The whole browser (IE) just stopped working. Eventually it got back up, but that solo was already doomed to be lost. This far everything worked normally well, I do hope this can be solved, playing this way is almost useless. Coops are extremely laggy, can't be played at all.

EDIT : Just tried again after restarting, but it's still the same with the lag, so I'm gonna quit, hoping it'll be better tomorrow.

Nothing wrong from our end. There have been no changes to the battle or anything else and definitely no changes to our servers.

It is either a Flash issue or something that has to do with your network.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:12 pm

I had the same problems as well first in the test server but I thinked that was for all the things in the test server but now after the update lag issues are just so big and I no longer can play in any of my computer because battles got freeze and plugin crashes Razz any tip to speed up this?
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Anyone tried with native chrome's flash player?
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm

I just used chrome (with latest flash player) on a NM solo. The battle was not really laggy, but not smooth either.

Now, I have the bug that most times I get the "message" that I don't have 30% infantry. Sometimes, when I first enter my baracks it is ok, but switching to another gear set, almost always disables it. Sometimes it works ok...weird  Question

When it goes wrong, even de-selecting your units and then selecting them again (or a different setup) does not always help.

When I do get in a fight, using the "accelerated time"-function, it seems like my horses move with a "mini-lag" time and again. When that happens, the horses seem to have turned around graphically (so facing the opposite direction or the 4 individual horses going in circles while the entire unit would keep moving the right way) each time after such a minor lag, but they continued running in the right direction. Just hope this makes something clear...   Question

EDIT : I thought it might be a good idea to do the steps described in the thread called "Chrome-Solution  for slow performance in battles". I actually deactivated the pepflashplayer, but that resulted in a major laggy battle afterwards. A human HI would crash in mine before my orders (which I gave in time) were carried out. I gave orders to 5 archers to shoot at it and my HI to attack it. Due to the lag 3 archers began to do something (shooting or moving towards the enemy, because the HI had already moved on after my mouseclick got through), the other 3 units never got the chance to react in time as the HI was already there. Another difference was that when I pushed the right arrow button once, the screen (after some lag-time) would go to the right about twice as far (or more) than I was used to.  I'll enable the pepflashplayer again and see what happens.

EDIT : Enabled pepflashplayer again, but it seems to make no difference ?? I don't get this at all.

FINAL EDIT : The enemy units seem to move very fast, way faster than normal and the mouse cursor is sometimes barely visible, so you can't actually use it right. By the time you have it pointed where you wanted it, it is too late. Hope all this makes some sense.

Last edited by Johntheright on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Actually this the flash player version I have and yep the dammed plugin is deactivated http://prntscr.com/414p0e
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah.. I mean activating it again and trying then.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm

This might not work, but as a general rule when flash games update and it causes issue you could try clearing your cookies and cache and all that.

It's fixed other flash game issues in the past for me.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Johntheright wrote:
Now, I have the bug that most times I get the "message" that I don't have 30% infantry.

btw this.. is it related some way to heroes? Hero AP not counting on li/lia or something?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Fyrr wrote:
Johntheright wrote:
Now, I have the bug that most times I get the "message" that I don't have 30% infantry.

btw this.. is it related some way to heroes? Hero AP not counting on li/lia or something?

We will have a look, but we can't patch until Monday.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Ulises21 wrote:
I had the same problems as well first in the test server but I thinked that was for all the things in the test server but now after the update lag issues are just so big and I no longer can play in any of my computer because battles got freeze and plugin crashes Razz any tip to speed up this?

Flash updated again..and again it screwed things up....

Try to clear cache and cookies.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:54 am

Fyrr wrote:
Johntheright wrote:

I don't see how. At one time, it is ok, at another time the same setup should be ok too, but then it says, no 30 %. De-selecting units (removing all non-LI(A)/Archers) does not help, removing all units and selecting other units (even a full LI team) does not help. It simply keeps saying that I don't meet the 30%-requirement. Heroes seem to have their AP, as de-selecting 1 also reduces AP and re-selecting 1 adds AP.

1 team consists of 3 LI and 2 cav. Each LI has a hero, but it still says "no 30%".

I should add, that the gear/team set I have selected while coming into baracks works correct, but if I change to another gear set, I'd almost all times have to quit and re-enter baracks with the desired gearset-number selected. Seems the only way to get a team into action.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:15 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Ulises21 wrote:

I tried clearing cache, cookies and all, but makes no difference for me. The lag continues just as before.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:28 am

Johntheright wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Ulises21 wrote:

I tried clearing cache, cookies and all, but makes no difference for me. The lag continues just as before.

We really can't see anything wrong from our side.

Can anyone else confirm that they are having lag issues?

If so, what are the circumstances?

Battle type, number of units, etc.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:43 am

I'm not "anyone else"  ^^ , but I try running a NM solo with my 5 archers, 1 lvl 10 LI, 1 lvl 7 HI and 1 lvl 13 cav. So, 8 units in total, all geared well (except cav which is equipped only with my 2 aether items), so that they may lvl up.

Everything worked fine till yesterday's update and I had no other updates on my laptop, so flash player was not changed yesterday.

Last edited by Johntheright on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guyhanerhan

PostSubject: Lag and freezing   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:05 am

I have had the same problems that I see on this thread... since the update it is severe lag and freezing of every battle... I cleared cookies, updated flash and disabled pepper but nothing has helped. I have tried a number of troop combinations and it doesn't seem to matter. I continue to get the message "Shockwave plugin unresponsive". I have checked it and updated it but with the same poor result.

Guyhanerhan
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:15 am

So you guys want Army Sets to be taken off?  Wink (as joke plz don't go off on me)

I have not had any lag issues yet so maybe its you're pc's or network problems?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:20 am

Guyhanerhan wrote:
I have had the same problems that I see on this thread... since the update it is severe lag and freezing of every battle... I cleared cookies, updated flash and disabled pepper but nothing has helped.  I have tried a number of troop combinations and it doesn't seem to matter.  I continue to get the message "Shockwave plugin unresponsive".  I have checked it and updated it but with the same poor result.

Guyhanerhan

Does this start with the first battle, or after a few?
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Installed Chrome and followed the guide, tried to run a solo with three LI (which was denied because I needed 30% light units  Very Happy ) added an LIA, and was not able to control troops. Basically impossible to scroll around on the map, very slow response time to commands.

I had the very same issue when I tried using the test server with the same hardware. Then I thought it would be network-related. But at the time regular battles were just fine.

After the patch I am now seeing those same lag issues on the regular server, so I think it must be related somehow.

Thanks for looking into this.

EDIT: Tried again with Firefox, emptied cache and deleted cookies. 3li normal now goes through now, manouevering is initially a bit better, but still laggy, as soon as enemy units show up it goes downhill. Went from red dots on the minimap to melee engagement in a single frame.

Last edited by krawehl on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guyhanerhan

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Guyhanerhan wrote:
I have had the same problems that I see on this thread... since the update it is severe lag and freezing of every battle... I cleared cookies, updated flash and disabled pepper but nothing has helped.  I have tried a number of troop combinations and it doesn't seem to matter.  I continue to get the message "Shockwave plugin unresponsive".  I have checked it and updated it but with the same poor result.

Guyhanerhan

First battle.
Back to top Go down
Elvira

PostSubject: lag issues   lag issues since update I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 am

I am having the same problem. I started on Internet explorer then downloaded firefox to fix, still same problem, thought maybe it was my computer so I went to another computer tried it and same problem. In 8hrs yesterday I tried 3 different browsers and 4 different computers and this was still a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lag issues since update   lag issues since update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lag issues since update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next