Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CP Rewards on Hades

Go down 
+3
Xargos
Fyrr
ferarith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ferarith

CP Rewards on Hades Empty
PostSubject: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 6:54 pm

So on Erevos i use to get 80CP for and AP of 1986 in a NM, now i get 100CP the maximum. Is this correct or is it a bug i'm seeing? I checked the announcements but didn't see anything about changes to CP rewards. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 am

It might be related to total CPs on both sides so far, and the cp balancing (cough, dev confirmation?).. So the AP to cap might get higher later.

Also interesting thing that people get different cp for same ap and similar units.
For the record, i get 100 cps with a bit over 1k ap so far.

And.. is pvp CP cap really 176?
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 am

hey people,

It is true that CP gains are adjusted on a daily basis and that could lead to misunderstanding. We plan on making it a bit less frustrating once we settle a couple of thing first.

Xargos
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:35 pm

What I'd really like to know is IN DETAIL how the AI AP/Army is created.

and for it to be looked at as has been discussed in a few places before.

AI army AP deviating by as much as close to 1000 AP because I bring a high level Cav never made sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 am

AI Armies use up the players' unit AP values (excluding any AP from gear/heroes) and then they equip themselves with gear in respect to difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:30 am

Xargos wrote:
AI Armies use up the players' unit AP values (excluding any AP from gear/heroes) and then they equip themselves with gear in respect to difficulty.

Hm ok so if eg we bring 2 high level cavs and artys, they can bring 4 archers and a few hi.. And it's hard to win. Sometimes I saw like 15 enemy HI, how the hell to kill all that! You guys say you haven't changed anything in difficulty, but.. Coops are definitely more difficult, similar to that nightmare weekend. The problem is hi and archers mostly... Many hi hold, and archers are improved so they now actually hurt. And people like using cavs... But they get punished for it.

And ok, excluding gear/heroes... But then why in coops we get enemy similar to our total ap, that is WITH gear/heroes..? Coop difficulty is supposed to be what..?

All in all, this can work really well as the 'harder coop' people used to want, it's usually enjoyable with the right people.
Would be nice to see some tweaks to AI army composition though, for noobs/risky armies/casuals. Lower rewards or such, and make 2 coop queues or one with a tickbox preference for easier or harder enemy. Or something...
It's almost impossible for non-pvpers, really  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:05 am

Fyrr wrote:
All in all, this can work really well as the 'harder coop' people used to want, it's usually enjoyable with the right people.
Would be nice to see some tweaks to AI army composition though, for noobs/risky armies/casuals. Lower rewards or such, and make 2 coop queues or one with a tickbox preference for easier or harder enemy. Or something...
It's almost impossible for non-pvpers, really  Twisted Evil

Totally agree with Fyrr on this one, and being able to choose "regular" coop vs "hard" coop would be the key. I've run into several new players who are getting very discouraged with coops because it is hard for them to find other coop players at their level. This obviously isn't good for the game as new players need to be encouraged to coop, talk in battle, and learn tactics/strategy from more experienced players.

Example: My army is 10 units, lvl 11/12 with good epic/gl gear. Coop partner is relatively new, 4-5 units with a lvl 3 army, that maybe gets boosted to lvl 8/9, but his/her gear is still mostly uncommon and maybe some rares. AI army will be lvl 12+ with rare+ gear and the coop partner will be lucky to escape the battle with even 1 unit standing. While volume adds a nice challenge for two vets on similar levels, it makes it extremely difficult for a veteran to provide support/cover for the newer player.

Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Xargos wrote:

Wait... So if i have gear/hero or not makes no difference in what level enemy i'm going to face or how they're geared? Am i reading that right? cuz if that's so it makes no sense! ur basically saying i have to use gear of a level the AI thinks is appropriate or be at a severe disadvantage because it uses gear based on my units AP with no regard for what gear i may have?? ur destroying the option of playing Naked, which i use to love doing. If i take naked units with no heros i will get the same enemy as if i go with 10 heros and complete GL sets? Please explain.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:49 am

ferarith wrote:
Xargos wrote:

Wait... So if i have gear/hero or not makes no difference in what level enemy i'm going to face or how they're geared? Am i reading that right? cuz if that's so it makes no sense! ur basically saying i have to use gear of a level the AI thinks is appropriate or be at a severe disadvantage because it uses gear based on my units AP with no regard for what gear i may have?? ur destroying the option of playing Naked, which i use to love doing. If i take naked units with no heros i will get the same enemy as if i go with 10 heros and complete GL sets? Please explain.

Gear is supposed to make the battle easier. If the AI gears up for every gear you add, it destroys a lot of the purpose of putting gear on your units.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Its been like that for awhile Fera.

People HATED the fact that the AI used to have 'ninja' gear based on your gear.
So now its a flat rate based on the level and difficulty. Which is fine. I don't think you're meant to have a hope in hell of running a Suicide naked, it defeats the purpose of investing in gear.

HOWEVER

Xargos wrote:

If you're permitted to share them, I'd like details.
"Use up the players unit AP values" - ???
"equip themselves with gear in respect to difficulty." - Numbers? What kind of GS values are we looking at here for each difficulty?

Also you didn't touch on unit levels. Its still based on the players highest unit isn't it? That needs to be changed. Make unit levels entirely based on difficulty, and randomised within its range and focus more on AP of the armies.

Are the AP limits/ranges for AI based on a %? ie. Normal is 80-100% of the players AP? or are they based on ranges as well? 1000 to 2000, etc.
Back to top Go down
mookie314

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Another thought, as maybe the CP caps change, or the AP:CP ratios change..

When we set up our army, can the "Potential CP Gained" be displayed near the unit count / AP sum area?

-----

Notes on using gear: generally, gear has a better strength to AP ratio than units. so it is typically advantageous to equip it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CP Rewards on Hades   CP Rewards on Hades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CP Rewards on Hades
Page 1 of 1