Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

solution for the damn gear limits.

Go down 
+3
Fyrr
Aella
nathor
7 posters

make a new purchase option(with gems) that is to buy larger gear limits, offer this for players like aella
good idea
solution for the damn gear limits. I_vote_lcap21%solution for the damn gear limits. I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
bad idea
solution for the damn gear limits. I_vote_lcap79%solution for the damn gear limits. I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 15 ]
not sure
solution for the damn gear limits. I_vote_lcap0%solution for the damn gear limits. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
nathor

solution for the damn gear limits. Empty
PostSubject: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 am

the suggestion is:  make a new purchase option(with gems) that is to buy larger gear limits, offer this for users like aella that already bough their precious items with gems and i guess it would be the end of this story. what everybody thinks?
hey, it even another way of the game earn $ from moneyed new players that think items are that good in early levels.
Back to top Go down
Aella

Aella

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 am

I don't really like it. See, most of the fuss I make isn't even about me. As a guild leader, I often find myself having less time to battle.

The reason I don't like the changes is because I craft a lot of gear for guild mates to help them out. Everything I've crafted will go to waste. I mean, I want to wear my gear as well, but I'm not shouting my discontent because of myself. This affects the people I've been helping.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 am

Aella wrote:
I don't really like it. See, most of the fuss I make isn't even about me. As a guild leader, I often find myself having less time to battle.

The reason I don't like the changes is because I craft a lot of gear for guild mates to help them out. Everything I've crafted will go to waste. I mean, I want to wear my gear as well, but I'm not shouting my discontent because of myself. This affects the people I've been helping.
you are giving away to your guild mates epics? wow! how many have you given?
Back to top Go down
Aella

Aella

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:59 am

nathor wrote:

I have fully equipped two people with rare and above (a mix of rares and epics) and am currently working on a third.

Other senior members of the guild do the same.

We want the new members to succeed and get strong because it makes the whole guild stronger.

About 6 or 7 people have been "morphed" from having commons to rares, epics and godlikes because of this. I was one of them to a lesser degree. I paid for 80% of my gear, but one of my guild mates gave me all but 2 of my godlikes. I crafted the others.

Edit: So all in all, I've crafted and given away probably 72 pieces of gear

So what it boils down to is that I've reached into my own pocket to give gear to people in my guild. It pleases me to be able to do it. The excitement and appreciation the recipient has is all worth it. And I feel all that is being undone, not just for me, but for them.

I'm not a self centered c word here. I have my reasons for being stubborn and shouting loudly on this issue. They don't revolve around me, but around how the changes affect my guild. I spend more time making gear for people than I do battling, so it definitely isn't about me.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:12 am

Aella wrote:
nathor wrote:

I have fully equipped two people with rare and above (a mix of rares and epics) and am currently working on a third.

Other senior members of the guild do the same.

We want the new members to succeed and get strong because it makes the whole guild stronger.

About 6 or 7 people have been "morphed" from having commons to rares, epics and godlikes because of this. I was one of them to a lesser degree. I paid for 80% of my gear, but one of my guild mates gave me all but 2 of my godlikes. I crafted the others.

Edit: So all in all, I've crafted and given away probably 72 pieces of gear
you know, gear worns out, and especially epics are hard to fix. its not just to give the gear, its to maintain it and you are going to need to give away a steady stream of epic frags for it.
i dont use my gls because of it, and only recently i started to use epics because i find enough epic frags in the market to fix them.
Back to top Go down
Aella

Aella

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 am

I hear a lot of people say that, but when I battle, I track the resources I get from battles and the quests. I always have enough to pay for repairs while earning an additional 25-30k gold that I give away to newer guild members each day.

Now just imagine if I battled for more than the 2 hours I do each day. Like I said, I spend more time managing the guild than I do battling.

Nightmares are a big part of this though. Take those away from me and I can no longer help my guild members the way I do.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am

Aella wrote:
I hear a lot of people say that, but when I battle, I track the resources I get from battles and the quests. I always have enough to pay for repairs while earning an additional 25-30k gold that I give away to newer guild members each day.

Now just imagine if I battled for more than the 2 hours I do each day. Like I said, I spend more time managing the guild than I do battling.

Nightmares are a big part of this though. Take those away from me and I can no longer help my guild members the way I do.
its not just the gp of repairs... its also the epic frag you need to use to reforge the item when it is broken. an epic can get broken after 100-150 uses. so your guild mates will come to you after one or 2 weeks saying that the epic you gave them its broken and they dont have the 20k to buy the frag in the market to fix it.
also, soon enough the costs of techs and building get really large, like 160k in resources. 20k gp a day is not that much...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:46 am

Aella would just reforge with gems!

Why making your guild's noobs lazy? Don't they expect you to help them further? Like buying resources for buildings with gems.  
Items are not even required to enjoy game and battles =p

And please stop saying that being guild leader is THAT hard that you can't find time to fight. I effectively manage darkside's largest guild, and so what? My guildmates don't need babysitting.

(can't fight, but can spend many hours in forum complaining about not being able to gear yourself up?.. For what, if you said you don't fight..)
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 pm

I can confirm about Aella helping out the guild, as I am one of the people that have benefited most from her assistance.

I've spent about 5000 gems on the game so far, being a VIP pack, most of the repair slots and a few gold chests.

In return I've given 70 odd rare fragments to Aella for her to craft additional gear for other guild members. I've given another 40 odd Epic fragments to Elven, about 5 godlikes (which has stopped for the moment, after Bonez sniped a godlike artifact) and keeping a few epic fragments aside for Aella for some armour (which she won't be needing now by the looks).

I'm currently at the point where only around half of my units are negatively affected by the gear score issue, but its been weeks since I got these items, and they have helped me immensely.

Nathor, your points about having to repair and reforge the items is entirely correct. However when you're able to run hards without too much issue, the income was enough to cover the costs for repair, and I still haven't had to reforge a single epic yet. Also would have obtained enough epics from battles since then to probably reforge around half the items I have been 'gifted'.

2 battles would get me enough to repair an epic, which would then last for another 30-40 fights. (obviously this continues to diminish over time).

Now however, things have taken a massive turn. With the increased difficulty, my profits from a Hard battle have from from around 800-1000 resources\gold (resources counted at a 1:1 ratio), down to about 200-300. Also losing XP because my squads are consistently dying.

This shit be REALLY hard now. Running with epics now isn't only not possible in some cases due to gear score, its not even financially viable anyway! Problem solved I guess? :\
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:37 am

XViper wrote:
I've given another 40 odd Epic fragments to Elven, about 5 godlikes (which has stopped for the moment, after Bonez sniped a godlike artifact)
To who? O.o And well quite foolish to trade those gl frags like this, HAHA.

XViper wrote:
I still haven't had to reforge a single epic yet.

That's some proof that you DON'T battle much. =p

XViper wrote:
2 battles would get me enough to repair an epic, which would then last for another 30-40 fights. (obviously this continues to diminish over time).
cheater.

XViper wrote:
Also losing XP because my squads are consistently dying.
you're NOT. You noobs don't even know how we used to lose 2k exp upon dying... I used to pvp and effectively leveled down =p Now you just don't GET new exp.

XViper wrote:
This shit be REALLY hard now. Running with epics now isn't only not possible in some cases due to gear score, its not even financially viable anyway!
What level are your units? Epics can be equipped at lowwww levels. And battles are meant to give some challenge, right..?
Back to top Go down
Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am

DAMN!!! I wanna join Thunderbolt!!! Smile Why critique this? Helping a guild grow like that is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Aella

Aella

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 am

Stinkfinger wrote:
DAMN!!! I wanna join Thunderbolt!!! :)Why critique this? Helping a guild grow like that is awesome.
Yeah well, I've been called every name under the sun for just wanting to help my guild members, so it isn't as glamorous as it appears, unfortunately. I appreciate the support.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:04 am

I am personally in favor of any action that a player can do to help his Guild. Strength lies in numbers, so the more members are efficient in a Guild, the faster they grow and the faster they can become a strong Guild.
Back to top Go down
Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 am

Well Aella, the only ones that helped me, besides a buddy in my guild, is 2 very kool darkside players. So bravo for helping your new guildies.
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:49 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
I am personally in favor of any action that a player can do to help his Guild. Strength lies in numbers, so the more members are efficient in a Guild, the faster they grow and the faster they can become a strong Guild.
And that's why you need to make guild vault work properly with all the options that are planned.

Don't thank me for the friendly reminder What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: solution for the damn gear limits.   solution for the damn gear limits. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

solution for the damn gear limits.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: