Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Idea: Sparring.

Go down 
+9
Ellthune
XViper
Deadpool
Bobba
Tibr
Death1
Piktas
RiseKnight
TheTCS
13 posters
AuthorMessage
TheTCS

An Idea: Sparring. Empty
PostSubject: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 pm

I'd like to have the option of sparring my guild mates in PvP.

The idea is: No rewards except for the experience we the players take from the battle and no damage to gear or troops (or no cost to start healing if it's felt down time would be required.)

This does a few things:
Battling is an important part of many, if not most, people's economy meaning risking a loss is just too discouraging a prospect for people to try radical new tactics and compositions.
New players could learn some tactics and positioning with out being run down right away and giving up on PvP.
The option to just spar will encourages friendly low stress competition.

I'm sure more pros and some cons can be found. Please feel free to share them.

Thanks,
TCS
A.K.A. McGrager
Back to top Go down
TheTCS

PostSubject: Oops, I should have put this in a suggestion forum...   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:35 pm

If an admin could move it I'd appreciate it.

Ty and sorry for the inconvenience.
TCS
Back to top Go down
RiseKnight

RiseKnight

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Well I prefer your suggestion also not including experience on sparring battle.
Since some of us going to cheat for multi uses.

anyway should you post this on suggestion subforum?
Back to top Go down
TheTCS

PostSubject: Re: RiseKnight   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:02 pm

I shouldn't have used a word as loaded as experience. I meant human knowledge/proficiency.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:05 am

That would be a great mode.
Back to top Go down
Death1

Death1

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 am

I do not like this idea since our units could get injured from sparring and with no other rewards then expierience it will be costly to spar really often.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:27 am

Quote :
The idea is: No rewards except for the experience we the players take from the battle and no damage to gear or troops
I like that. No ingame harm, no ingame benefit. But a learning method to sharpen the minds against kuba and fyrr Smile
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 am

Sparring mode could have an insta-heal for troops as well and not use up any durability on equipments. Even if it didn't I'm sure a lot of people would use it anyway especially if you could do it with guildies or allied guilds not just the opposite faction.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 am

Piktas wrote:
Sparring mode could have an insta-heal for troops as well and not use up any durability on equipments. Even if it didn't I'm sure a lot of people would use it anyway especially if you could do it with guildies or allied guilds not just the opposite faction.
I think private PvP would be great, which could include rewards/lack of rules that tiered matching has. But in addition to that, a way to do "training" PvP's with others that involve no reward/damage to things would be great as well. A great way to run tests or funny battle types without worrying about heal/repair costs. Very good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:48 pm

As soon as he told me about it, I'm like yeah, you have to post that to the forum. It would knock out some of the mystique of PVPing for me and my guildmates. No damage, no reward, just tactics, and only between guildmates. I think just having that could prompt more people to enter that queue so PVP can become the feature it should be.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Someone linked to this from a recent thread, so I think its worth reviving.

I think this is a fantastic idea, with no risk of exploitation.

This would also give players a way to practice PvP without the risk & punishment of heal costs, and a way for experienced players to 'train' newer players. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellthune

Ellthune

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

TheTCS wrote:
I'd like to have the option of sparring my guild mates in PvP.

The idea is: No rewards except for the experience we the players take from the battle and no damage to gear or troops (or no cost to start healing if it's felt down time would be required.)

This does a few things:
Battling is an important part of many, if not most, people's economy meaning risking a loss is just too discouraging a prospect for people to try radical new tactics and compositions.
New players could learn some tactics and positioning with out being run down right away and giving up on PvP.
The option to just spar will encourages friendly low stress competition.

I'm sure more pros and some cons can be found. Please feel free to share them.

Thanks,
TCS
A.K.A. McGrager
I love this. Not only could this be used to catfight other guildies, but this could also be used to teach newbies techniques in-game. I also agree on the fact that you don't get ANYTHING from doing this, mainly because I bet people would exploit this to get more cp/xp.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 am

bump Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:36 am

Double bump Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:39 am

Triple bump!
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 pm

4th BUMP¡
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Seems like a great idea !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea: Sparring.   An Idea: Sparring. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Idea: Sparring.
Page 1 of 1