Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need your feedback on an idea I have...

Go down 
+9
Juggernaut
Adex
Metalsiagon
Boboknack
ysosad
Tops
Tibr
RuneSlayer
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

I need your feedback on an idea I have... Empty
PostSubject: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:44 am

Ok, so I guess you all know by now that we are working on our next game "Empyean Rule - Rise of the Ancients" aka ROTA. ROTA

The website is not finished yet, so you cannot actually find out a lot about the game, but it should be finished by the end of this week and will include screenshots and videos.

Now, I didn't want to talk to you about that, but instead about the idea I had of creating a Twitch account where users can connect (it's free) and can watch live sessions of whatever we are doing.

1. Sessions of us talking about the game and where you can interact with us in real time.

2. Sessions of us developing the game in real time and you can watch us fighting with the "beast". (Tests with several mechanics, 3D modelling, 2D designing of banners for example, etc.) Again, you can watch this in real time and interact with us.

3. Battles that we do between us to test the mechanics, the special effects, etc. (Competitive battles too...coughcough, cause nobody wants to lose... Wink )

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 am

Is that meant to be a 24/7 live stream thing? - Not sure you really want us watching how you work. You´d have to switch off the option of knowing whether anyone is looking to not feel .. ermm watched and get distracted Smile

Selected times for announced live testing. - Awesome. Even better than recorded footage in dev blogs or youtube. (Good if those sessions land on youtube for PR or ppl who missed them ofc.)

I imagine this covers many of the ideas we were expecting in BC or KA for that matter. Can only turn out being Great Wink

Looking forward to it. And btw. hi to the new team member, or if he is an old one a shame he never gotten props; we only ever knew 3.

Also, you got me really curious about your inspirations from eve online.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 3:10 am

Well, obviously we will not stream 24/7. Smile

We believe you will like what you will see. We are definitely not developing a puzzle game, if that is what you are asking. Smile It is a real time strategy game with in-depth tactics on the battlefield, which can affect the virtual world.

Orus is not a new team member. Wink

EVE Online focuses on a live economy, driven by players and the world is shaped by the actions of players and mega corporations. Let us just say that we want the Empyrean Rule world to have some more depth on the macro level (Regions) and players will be able to shape the world map in many ways. Wink

Anyone else? Only one person finds a live stream interesting..? Smile
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:16 am

Come on now, you asked me in PM and I replied Razz

I think the streaming is a great idea, might cut back on people's complaints about things not getting done. As far as the economy goes - I love the idea and would love to help you guys build the backbones of it, you know I'd already volunteered to do work on this game anyways :p

EVE's economy is one of the best things about the game, and I've played a lot of EVE because of it. I have more than a few ideas about what could be done with an economy in this game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:32 am

I would certainly pop in whenever I have the chance.

I think that having real-time interaction with y'all would be appealing and draw a goodly number of people when you do this....bonus points if the shadow team member makes an appearance.

Dev battles should likewise be very entertaining. Beyond just seeing how the game is played, We'll finally get to settle the eternal debate over who is the best among you. coughcoughdevtourneycoughcoughDon't let me down Xargos, I have money riding on this!
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:50 am

Great idea!

Keep peoples interest as they watch the game being developed.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 7:16 am

I'm kind of worried about there being too much input from the community in the development phase. Looking at what happened here, once we started talking and voting on everything before it was implemented it took a very long time to get put in game. I think a channel like this should solely be a display of progress instead of a live Q&A every time.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 7:20 am

Metalsiagon wrote:
I'm kind of worried about there being too much input from the community in the development phase. Looking at what happened here, once we started talking and voting on everything before it was implemented it took a very long time to get put in game. I think a channel like this should solely be a display of progress instead of a live Q&A every time.

That is correct and that it is exactly what the intention of the channel will be. Watching us do stuff, explaining to you about game mechanics and all of that in real time. We welcome of course any suggestions coming our way, but that doesn't mean that all of them will be implemented.

Consider it as a true interactive communication channel between the developers and the Community while the game is being developed. You will have the chance to watch a game developed from the ground up and we will have the chance to come closer to you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:05 am

That sounds really interesting.
I will surely visite the channel.
Back to top Go down
Adex

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 am

Good idea, very good idea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Love the idea but can I suggest a few basic things that I would like see in the game? bounce

1. Pause buttom for solos Razz.

2. A quality buttom when lagged and (please don´t make the game with so good graphics or my computer won´t be able to run it Crying or Very sad ).

3. Make more important coop/pvp or any battle that require the participation of real people in the game to make people play more the multy options instead of gring solos, because is bored fight and gring a lot against the AI.

4. Probably a 3rd faction for players???

5. Multiple secundary objectives to complete the game and not only a single capital or objective to take, more winning conditions that offer same chances of winning for all factions regardless of player imbalance (this also may be hard to do for that is just a suggestion).

6. A site that offer complete information of the game battle mechanics because I don´t want the same thing that happened to BC happen to this game too, where people don´t know how the stats work and the hidden stats, there are still many people that don´t know how melee, endurance, strenght, armor, morale, LoC and shivering work, they also don´t know about archers/arty hidden missile strenght and the true ranged reaction.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Quite honestly, I don't have the time to watch live streams.

Very much looking forward to your game, but live streams don't interest me at all.

Having said that, the IDEA itself is a good one. I've been part of several Kickstarters that used Live Streaming on Twitch VERY successfully, as both a method of showing their backers the progress being made, as well as a form of live interactions to answer questions and build hype.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:56 am

Everyone that logs in and watch will receive special and unique items, upgrade boosts et cetera...right? bounce

(Suggestion: Please make sure there are plenty of various banners the guilds/factions can choose from, the small amount in BC is annoying!)
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 am

Guys dont get stuck too much on the idea that is it another BC. It is as little BC as KA was BC, and probably different from KA on top of it as well.

3d, full rotation view, eagle view, first face view, oculus rift support, free roaming, random encounters, resource gathering, siege battles, crafting, no race restrictions, heroes, magic, weather .. thats the direction to look for i think Wink
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 5:40 am

Tibr wrote:
Guys dont get stuck too much on the idea that is it another BC. It is as little BC as KA was BC, and probably different from KA on top of it as well.

3d, full rotation view, eagle view, first face view, oculus rift support, free roaming, random encounters, resource gathering, siege battles, crafting, no race restrictions, heroes, magic, weather .. thats the direction to look for i think Wink

Cool

I need your feedback on an idea I have... Empyre10
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Live isn't really my cup of tea, but I'd watch a nicely edited youtube video or something every now and then. I think the main purpose of this kind of thing will be maintaining interest for people who help fund through kickstarter or steam or however you're crowdfunding this (curse you, memory! lol) ... perhaps it should be some low tier (basic, idfk) reward to make it seem 'exclusive'. Be interesting to hear your guys' ideas when they're more developed.
Back to top Go down
Mazzrah

Mazzrah

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Sounds like an awesome idea to me, Rune!  Personally, I would love to peek over your shoulders from time-to-time.  If you guys can deal with my heavy breathing on the back of your necks, that is...  Wink

My only request would be:  Don't have it "tagged" as a gaming site.  You know, the type of site that Nazi-IT-Funkilling-Workplace-Software would spit out and block.  Suspect

Some folks can access this Forum from work, but can't access AG or Kong to play.  That sort of difference is what I mean.

Looking forward to it,
~Mazzrah~
Mistress of the Peeping-Tom Undead  Shocked
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:27 pm

sounds like a great idea..but for those of us in the computer challenged league...ummmmm, what is a twitch account?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your feedback on an idea I have...   I need your feedback on an idea I have... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need your feedback on an idea I have...
Page 1 of 1