Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Units Abilities

Go down 
+2
Zep
RuneSlayer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:58 am

As promised...

Humans

Light Infantry: Higher Purpose
Ranged Unit: Rapid Fire
Heavy Infantry: Bravery
Cavalry: Impact Damage
Special: Crush

Elves

Light Infantry: Eleron's Shield
Ranged Unit: Rapid Fire
Heavy Infantry: Fear
Special: Regeneration

Dwarves

Light Infantry: Hatred
Ranged Unit: Armor Penetration
Heavy Infantry: Mithril Armor
Cavalry: Fear
Special: Rage

Orcs

Light Infantry: Unstoppable Charge
Ranged Unit: Poison
Heavy Infantry: Rage
Special: Regeneration

Undead

Light Infantry: Raise Dead
Ranged Unit: Plague
Cavalry: Dark Gift
Special: Fear

Dark Legion

Light Infantry: Hatred
Ranged Unit: Armor Penetration
Cavalry: Dark Gift
Special: Terror
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Do the units receive more abilities than one? Cause the Unit Display in Army Tab shows 3 Special Ability place holders. So far we only have 1 known for each.

Also can you elaborate on how the Special Abilities work. Some make sense. However, Rapid Fire - how does this work? Isn't the Elven Reaction time lower than all other Units. So even without Rapid Fire the Elves are going to be shooting faster.

PS: I am bored, waiting for the reset. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 am

CycLonite wrote:

Do the units receive more abilities than one? Cause the Unit Display in Army Tab shows 3 Special Ability place holders. So far we only have 1 known for each.

Also can you elaborate on how the Special Abilities work. Some make sense. However, Rapid Fire - how does this work? Isn't the Elven Reaction time lower than all other Units. So even without Rapid Fire the Elves are going to be shooting faster.

PS: I am bored, waiting for the reset. Embarassed

The short answer is "Yes they do!". The long answer is that special items will also grant special abilities to the wielder, which is why all units have 3 abilities slots.

There exist special abilities which are passive and then there are others which are triggered under specific conditions.

For example, Armor Piercing and Rapid Fire are passive abilities, while Impact Damage is triggered when a cavalry unit charges an enemy unit.

There is a reaction for melee and then a reaction for missile which is always slower than melee for obvious reasons. Elves have a faster missile reaction as a default but with Rapid Fire their missile reaction becomes even faster...

P.S. We are too, as everything is ready and we are waiting for the green light. However, we are currently optimizing several aspects of the game, adding more stuff and preparing the ground for guilds and guild warfare. Wink

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

However, we are currently optimizing several aspects of the game, adding more stuff and preparing the ground for guilds and guild warfare. Wink

Can we pretty please have a way of assigning Units to Hotkeys, I prefer my Archers on 1-3 the first keys which makes it easier to Select and Target enemies. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mort

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Translation:

Undead
Light Infantry: 20/25/30% chance to avoid damage
Archers: 5/10/20 strength related to missile damage
Heavy Infantry: Enemy Melee need to pass morale check or suffer 10/20/30 melee penalty for 20 secs
Cavalry: 25/35/45% chance of doing more damage
Back to top Go down
Mort

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:23 am

Btw rapid fire makes Heroes welcome in Elf/Human armies.

For the rest of the races not so much. While he will help if the unit is used wrong (and get meleed), he will hit with 30 less missile related strength (in my case).

Now even if my hero could equip a bow of uberplague with +40 missile strength, whouldn't the elf hero be able to equip that AND get rapid fire?

Not that i have trouble with the idea of elves dominating the archery department but they don't exaclty lack anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:43 am

Compiled this table of all abilities and bonuses when I was researching / asking around about abilities in game:

Google Spreadsheet Link:
Code:
goo.gl/Yzr1T

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArV4Zx5QVPN0dGVGWEYzTlhaWmtKUDl6VUxvcGJjemc&gid=2

Pretty sure its all accurate, but please let me know if I need to fix anything.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

Hegorn wrote:
Compiled this table of all abilities and bonuses when I was researching / asking around about abilities in game:

Google Spreadsheet Link:
Code:
goo.gl/Yzr1T

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArV4Zx5QVPN0dGVGWEYzTlhaWmtKUDl6VUxvcGJjemc&gid=2

Pretty sure its all accurate, but please let me know if I need to fix anything.

Incredible work... "claps"

A few comments:

- Impact Damage: The unit with Impact Damage inflicts automatic hits upon impact, with no need of "Check to Hit" and the number of automatic hits increases with the level.

- Fear: The unit with Fear will force a Morale Check to the enemy unit and if it fails it will receive a penalty to its Melee for a few rounds, NOT its Morale.

- Dark Gift: The unit with Dark Gift has an X probability to re-roll failed Check to Hit rolls at that round.

Very good work Hegorn, very good work.. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
konsnos

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:50 am

Niiiiiiiice
that will help a lot for the wiki Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:50 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
A few comments:

- Impact Damage: The unit with Impact Damage inflicts automatic hits upon impact, with no need of "Check to Hit" and the number of automatic hits increases with the level.

- Fear: The unit with Fear will force a Morale Check to the enemy unit and if it fails it will receive a penalty to its Melee for a few rounds, NOT its Morale.

- Dark Gift: The unit with Dark Gift has an X probability to re-roll failed Check to Hit rolls at that round.
Updated with that info. Thanks!

A couple questions too:
- Impact Damage's automatic hits are only on the first X rounds of initial combat? how many per level?
- Do you mean that Dark Gift is not always active? What causes it to proc?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Quote :
- Impact Damage's automatic hits are only on the first X rounds of initial combat? how many per level?

1-6 , 2-8, 3-12 and only on impact

Quote :
- Do you mean that Dark Gift is not always active? What causes it to proc?

Not always active. It is activated on a probability. 25%, 35%, 45%
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:55 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

Quote :

So just to make sure I have this completely clear:
In the first round of combat after charging, up to 6/8/12 strikes automatically hit and get an added 40/50/60 strength.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Quote :

In the first round of combat after charging, up to 6/8/12 strikes automatically hit and get an added 40/50/60 strength.

That is correct. Although the hits are automatically inflicted, they still need to go through Endurance and Armor, but the added Strength really helps. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:05 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Quote :

That is correct. Although the hits are automatically inflicted, they still need to go through Endurance and Armor, but the added Strength really helps. Wink

Got it. Thanks.

What if there are not enough units to attack that many times in one round? i.e. 4 unit cav would be doubly more likely to reach the cap of 12 hits vs the 2 unit cav. Or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Quote :

Got it. Thanks.

What if there are not enough units to attack that many times in one round? i.e. 4 unit cav would be doubly more likely to reach the cap of 12 hits vs the 2 unit cav. Or am I missing something?

Wrong, but some things I will leave to you to find out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Heh. Alright. Thanks for the info.

...Damn.. and I was on a roll too.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:20 am

whoa whoa whoa, so items will grant new passive/active abilities ? And these items are NOT racial ? I dunno if i should be excited or worried at the prospect of a pool of universal abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Units Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Units Abilities   Units Abilities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Units Abilities
Page 1 of 1