Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild officers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WorldEater

WorldEater

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:37 am

In light of coming guild warfare, guild titles seem to gain more meaning.
I may be missing something, but the title "officer" looks completely useless to me. Could developers explain its meaning?

Also, a more practical question. Could developers implement access to counsil chat to officers?
In bigger guilds, it appears to be useful to have a chat for strategic discussion separate from main guild chat, and close circle of few important persons is sometimes too small. It seems ridiculous to have many treasurers / recruiters / generals only to have access to another chat.

Thank you for your attention, and keep up the awesome work! Can't wait to see incoming update!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

Officers are supposed to be the next important position after a plain normal Guild member.

The Council Chat is already implemented and only the Leader, Vice Leader, General and Diplomat have access to that.
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:01 am

I am aware of existence of the counsil chat and its current permissions.
As a suggestion, I propose to extend access to the counsil chat to the officers for following reasons:

1. In big guilds, common guild channel serves all kinds of purposes: small talk, inner trading, boasting, etc.
  2. Strategic planning of guild's actions require a more specific method of communication, free of distractions.
  3. There is such a method: the counsil chat.
  4. Positions of general and diplomat, if they are used in a meaningful way, imply much more responsibilities than access to a specific chat.
  5. There could be members in a guild, whose opinion is valued, so they have a say in strategic planning, but they are not willing / allowed to bear much responsibilities above that.
  6. Having too many generals / diplomats deprive all value and meaning of these titles.
  7. It is a nice way to give the "officer" title some practical meaning.

Thank you for your attention.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:17 am

Sounds like a good idea to me. It would be nice to have at least 1 game funtion activated when you become officer; and I can't see many guilds promoting people they don't trust to that level anyhow.

Gives the officers 'behind the scenes' capabilities which is especially lacking since there is no messaging in-game outside of the channels one is allowed access to; Kong chat isn't a very friendly way to do it either - even more so when using the super-awesome full screen funtion Smile
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:24 am

As an experienced player member of various guilds in one of the greatest strategic games I would like to express my opinion on the various roles that are available in guilds.

Targets are chosen by:
Leader
Vice leader
General

The general is the one who coordinates attacks once the targets are chosen

The officers are mostly useful to the guilds to help leaders with the guild and other internal affairs but they can be also useful in battles.

If the leader, vice leader and the general are offline (yes, we can't pretend them to be always online) the ones who have the role to choose targets and coordinate attacks are the officers, this is why it would be right to let officers participating on the warfare affairs.
I highly agree to Worldeater, officers actually have their role in guild, this title is not a vanity, it's a real role
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:25 am

I agree with Worldeater. In world full of meaningless titles lets not be the author of yet one more Exclamation 

Drennalin
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 am

The Council Chat is supposed to be a chat where only a few have access to. If Officers are given access to it, then it loses its meaning. However, if that is what the majority of the Guilds want, it can easily be done.

What do the Guilds think?
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:19 am

If you find you happen to have the UI room, you could always just issue another chat. Call it 'Officer' chat (for lack of a better word), and have that one include all non-basic ranks in a guild. Would keep the council chat a high-tier exclusive, but still give access to another area where only officers and up can discuss tactics. Some might feel this becomes too cluttered. Just an idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild officers   Guild officers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild officers
Page 1 of 1