Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

cap of maxxed stat and skill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ezeltje

ezeltje

cap of maxxed stat and skill Empty
PostSubject: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 am

I am wondering how skills (like ancients hatred) affect the stats and with the cap.
Is the bonus of the skill added to the unit till the max stat or is the stat capped only for items/lvl ups and than the skill can add up to that that cap (so if ancient hatred is lvl 3, which gives 30 melee bonus, does it have any effect if the max melee stat is reached)? This is valueable information for gearing up my units (as skills have no effect if the cap is reached with items...).
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 am

This would be good info to find out.

Someone else in my guild was asking me about abilities that pushed over the stat caps (Impact Damage). The best advice I was able to give is to itemize our units to give some "breathing space" for the ability stats to work fully. Beyond that, there is a risk of stats going to waste.

Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:26 am

Maybe a good nerf on abilities can solve the problem or changing some of them completely like human's endurance, elf's soaking damage, dwarf's mithril armor, hatreds etc...

For Hatred abilities for example they could remove the racial component nerfing the ability to work in general against every races
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:51 am

I believe that the stat caps will not allow a special ability to increase any stat beyond the cap.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
I believe that the stat caps will not allow a special ability to increase any stat beyond the cap.

That would be weird for cavalry... The + 60 strenght on Impact damage could easily be wasted...
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Latexlord wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

That would be weird for cavalry... The + 60 strenght on Impact damage could easily be wasted...

Somewhat wasted for any STR over 50. But thats only when the skill is triggered and it has around a 20second cooldown.

Dark Gift scales better in many situations because of this - but I dont see a major imbalance in this.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Abilities aren't a tool to reach the cap, they are what those units can do, it's up to us to customize every unit stats with items and leveling to match what we want them to be, playing as attackers surely adds a little more to the strenght cap to do an impact damage but it will be more sustainable damage in combat, otherwise a tank customized chariot can take more hits doing some impact damage at the beginning without caring on strenght and so on....
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Souless wrote:
Abilities aren't a tool to reach the cap, they are what those units can do, it's up to us to customize every unit stats with items and leveling to match what we want them to be, playing as attackers surely adds a little more to the strenght cap to do an impact damage but it will be more sustainable damage in combat, otherwise a tank customized chariot can take more hits doing some impact damage at the beginning without caring on strenght and so on....

I agree that as long as players have the ability to realistically change their items to work around stat caps, then there is no problem.

There is a problem that can create imbalances though - and that is whenever players cannot realistically build an item set to work around an abilities/anything that pushes a stat over its cap.

A little bit might not be a huge imbalance and opens the door for strategic decision making by the player. When you have an ability like Impact Damage that has a big swing of stats like +60STR, it does mean that a lot of it goes to waste on well geared Cav units - this is not the case with an ability like Dark Legion's Dark Gift.

Can Impact Damage users realistically "undergear" their Cav to keep their STR under 50? Maybe. Is it worth it to undergear by that much? Probably not - but there is certainly a middle ground where there is stat waste. The bigger the stat swing due to the ability, the bigger the middle ground is and the bigger the potential waste of stats.

If the design philosophy for stat caps is that the player has to manage that, then thats fine, but it should be roughly equally difficult for all races to manage. If the design philosophy is that players should not have to manage that, then stat caps or abilities should be adjusted accordingly.

No matter what design philosophy is taken though, it should be applied equally across the board for all players. You cannot say that it is fair for abilities to be wasted over the cap, but unfair if base stats / items push stats over caps. That heavily favors a race like Dark Legion.

Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:32 pm

The problem with abilities like impact damage giving wasted strenght to a unit with base strenght over 50 is because 60 strenght is a very huge number, like I said before if you think ability stats are wasted the solution is a simple nerf because a stat waste means a huge stat increase on the other hand that the ability itself gives so many stats points that it is exceeding the cap
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:30 am

ACTUALLY, since the abilities are not passive and are triggered depending on a probability or a condition, then they could surpass the cap as they are active for a turn or two and not for the whole duration of the battle. So for example, if a Cavalry unit hits a unit and its ability is triggered it could hit with STR 120, but since 100 is the cap in the mechanics, it could only work in the comparison between its STR and the target's END, as well as the ARM penalty.

Great posts people...
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:34 am

Ty Runeslayer without your efforts and your care about our posts this game would not have been so awesome like it is today Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:52 am

To our eyes...this game has still a lot of ground to be considered as awesome as we would like it to be. Hopefully, with your love and with the help of the Gods we will be able to show you what Battle Conquest can be.

A few hints...

1) Full 3D battle

2) Fog of War

3) At least 5 more unique units for each race and around 10 as Mercenaries able to be recruited by all the races

4) Guild Voting System

5) Battle Modes (Survival, Destroy Object, Protect Object, Boss fights)

6) ....

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
ACTUALLY, since the abilities are not passive and are triggered depending on a probability or a condition, then they could surpass the cap as they are active for a turn or two and not for the whole duration of the battle. So for example, if a Cavalry unit hits a unit and its ability is triggered it could hit with STR 120, but since 100 is the cap in the mechanics, it could only work in the comparison between its STR and the target's END, as well as the ARM penalty.

Great posts people...
I got a bit confused by this post.

Are you saying that 100 STR is the new cap for Cavalry? The cap I discovered for Cavalry STR was 110. Did you guys lower it to 100 since that display bug was fixed?

It sounds like STR from abilities can surpass the 100 cap? But that the mechanics only use STR up to 100? Did I understand all that correctly?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 am

Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Great posts people...

Are you saying that 100 STR is the new cap for Cavalry? The cap I discovered for Cavalry STR was 110. Did you guys lower it to 100 since that display bug was fixed?

It sounds like STR from abilities can surpass the 100 cap? But that the mechanics only use STR up to 100? Did I understand all that correctly?

No new changes have been made to the stat caps. As STR and END are used to determine whether damage has been dealt, the difference between them provides a probability. However, there exists a floor and a ceiling probability in order to not create automatic successful rolls and give a chance to the unit with the lesser value to make a successful roll.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:11 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Great posts people...

No new changes have been made to the stat caps. As STR and END are used to determine whether damage has been dealt, the difference between them provides a probability. However, there exists a floor and a ceiling probability in order to not create automatic successful rolls and give a chance to the unit with the lesser value to make a successful roll.

I see. That helps. Thanks for the clarification.

Could you share what the ceiling / floors are for different combat rolls?

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 am

35% and 65% for To Hit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cap of maxxed stat and skill   cap of maxxed stat and skill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cap of maxxed stat and skill
Page 1 of 1