Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hegorn

Hegorn

Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels Empty
PostSubject: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:01 am

There are 3 main ways to improve stats on units: Leveling up, Research(melee/armor only) and Items. I wanted to compare level up gains vs item gains.

Full Data -- http://goo.gl/U3eqG

I think the most intuitive metric to use is "Star/Level Equivalency." Pretty much everyone has felt the difference of fighting low level units vs high level units in PvE. On average, Star Equivalency is how many stars you would have to add to your unit to equal wearing a SINGLE ITEM of that rarity gear.
Code:
Rarity      Max      Avg
---------------------------------------
Godlike      28.50   21.38         
Epic         12.85   10.71         
Rare         6.00    4.67         
Uncommon     3.00    2.17         
Common       1.67    1.00
So wearing 1 piece of the best Uncommon gear is on average giving you the same number of combat stats as adding 3 stars or 3 levels. Average Godlike gear adds about 21 levels worth of stats. The very best Godlike gear would add 28 levels worth of stats.

Devs, please jump in if I have made any critical mistakes in my numbers? I'm using item stats based on decent item samplings from a few helpful players. Total sample size is >150 items; >40 per rarity (except godlikes). More info found here:
http://www.battleconforum.com/t142-new-player-help-understanding-stats-and-combat-mechanics#449

HealthySkeptic wrote:
But Hegorn, you always say that stats are not equivalent to each other and we dont know which is worth more than the other?
In this case, we are not comparing the actual value of any stats or stat gains. We are only looking at the various sources for those stat gains and comparing those - raw gains to raw gains. The stat gains from leveling up and stat gains from items are both distributed to the same pool of stats and in roughly equal ways (randomly). All other variables are equal in this case.

This is not a perfect model by any means, but it should help when discussing different sources of gaining power.

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:28 am

Caught my own mistake. I initially planned to calculate the Level equivalencies based on full sets of gear - but actually calculated it based on a single piece of gear.

I think its more informative to do the comparison as a single piece of gear, so I changed the wording to reflect that.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:30 am

Hegorn has been doing a lot of study Smile
Back to top Go down
Jervaj

Jervaj

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:52 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Hegorn has been doing a lot of study Smile

One day he will discover all your secrets. And that day......

Great work Hegorn!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:54 am

Quote :
One day he will discover all your secrets,

Good luck with that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jervaj

Jervaj

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:00 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Quote :
One day he will discover all your secrets,

Good luck with that. Wink

Mmmm. Maybe I should prepare the torture chamber....
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:32 am

Quote :
One day he will discover all your secrets. And that day......
Haha. Yes. More to come too!
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Bah you cannot hope to unearth the ancient runic secrets of the dwarves >< He only tells other dwarves such things.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:57 am

Wow, great job at collecting informations !

If you allow me to comment your amazing work; average, min and max AP cost of items is missing, isn't it ? That would give another meaningful perspective imo.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:47 am

Latexlord wrote:
Wow, great job at collecting informations !

If you allow me to comment your amazing work; average, min and max AP cost of items is missing, isn't it ? That would give another meaningful perspective imo.
Thanks. Glad its been helpful.

I originally set out to do exactly that - to compare AP valuations for stats from different sources (items, research, levelups) to see how much they differed. For instance, its very clear that +1stat from items is much more expensive AP wise than +1stat from levelups. Thats probably intentional and makes a lot of sense to me as well.

I'm still looking into AP valuations, but it is a much harder nut to crack because each stat is valued differently AP-wise. From my initial work, it even seems like small things like durability play a role in the valuation (which complicates the math a bit more). Basically I need a much larger sample size of items to draw any useful numbers from the data - a sample size that I do not personally have.

So I did a much quicker analysis on the comparison of relative power achieved through stat gains from items vs level-ups.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels   Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comparison of Stat Gains. Items Vs Levels
Page 1 of 1