Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PVPing for new players.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfshield

PVPing for new players. Empty
PostSubject: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:47 am

Okay there a lot of guides and tips out there for a lot things, but I have yet to seen one for PVP. so here a few tips for you who want to play PVP but don't know what do or just need some minor tips.

First things first, expect to lose a lot in the beginning. just because it seems you never win doesn't mean you are bad player, you just need to find the thing that works for you. so get out there and experiment a little bit and try different units mixtures and tactics.

With that being said, remember to play to your racial strengths. Elves should find open ground for their archers to do some serious damaged to the enemy, dwarfs should try to use their heavies in spots were the enemy can't flank them, and the undead should bring in max numbers to overwhelm the enemy. And find a Experience players for your race to see if he got any helpful tips on how to use your units.

Don't just rush in. This is very simple ground rule, remember this isn't AI controlled army, this a human and he probably knows how to deal with a charging enemy. also more tips on this, if the your opponent has archers remember to use cover if you have to advance. See what your fighting, if they have better units, but less troops try to move your units in way to surround and flank their units, and if you have the better troops try to force the enemy to fight you in frontal assault.

try to keep your units together. I don't mean form the bubble, but try to keep your men together so they could work to their fullest and support each other.

If you have teammate(s) in match work with them. come up with a plan if you can. Also this has happen to me more often then I like so here something you never do, charge the enemy ( again this is important) and leave your teammate behind to wonder what the heck your planning. The chances are your are either charging into a much larger force or one that would dispose of your units like flies and go to finish off your teammate.

Last edited by Wolfshield on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Good tips.

The /t one is probably a woefully underused command. In fact, I would suggest to the devs to change the default chat in multiplayer teamchat to be /teamsay instead of /allsay. The lobby could be /allsay by default.

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 am

+1

Hegorn wrote:
Good tips.

The /t one is probably a woefully underused command. In fact, I would suggest to the devs to change the default chat in multiplayer teamchat to be /teamsay instead of /allsay. The lobby could be /allsay by default.

Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

PostSubject: Re: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 am

Very big on not making a giant death bubble...cus that's all it is for the person making it. Flanking is a huge advantage, even against better geared opponents. Can't tell you how often a person will just ball and hope for the best as I get my troops ready and in better positioning. For one, I myself pvp with limited units that are well equipped, so the numbers game is not in my favor and I can be easily flanked if I'm not careful...doing this you will never be able to flank, it'll be a numbers vrs equipment and well equipped units will smash unequipped ones like glass.

Also baiting works really well when you get it down right. Pretending to leave a unit stranded or forgotten and swinging around for a quick flank can make or break a fight. If you have archers or artillery, use them, I find it silly when someone hides all their archers behind terrain features and I have only melee style units. Even if it's a quick shoot and hide behind cover if they do have ranged, that's still extra damage your doing to the opponent.

Look up a races bonuses in combat that could give them an edge and learn to counter it. For the UD, not fleeing in battle and light infantries ability to not die 20-25-30% (Dependent on lvl) of the time they receive a deathblow is a HUGE factor you must account for if you play light. It means that you can't expect their units to flee just because their dieing...again and it'll take a while longer to get past them to squishier targets. Instead a good counter is players implementing the new berserker style class into the fray, they hit hard against weak UD units and won't flee as well! Now place those in tandem with some Heavy infantry or cav to soak up she damage while they work and you'll tear through UD ranks like it was paper.

It's really the small things like this that players often don't do or look for that cost them the game. Learn from mistakes, make a sandbox army to play around with to understand a units strengths and weakness's, and constantly work at different strategies and counters to them.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 am

Hegorn wrote:
Good tips.

From now on any chat message is to team. To talk globally add /all Smile We think that will help communication in a team.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:49 am

lightshield wrote:
Hegorn wrote:
Good tips.

From now on any chat message is to team. To talk globally add /all Smile We think that will help communication in a team.
Awesome. That will help.

This last patch had some good changes to encourage more pvp. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVPing for new players.   PVPing for new players. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PVPing for new players.
Page 1 of 1