Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arty and ranged again.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Arty and ranged again. Empty
PostSubject: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Please nerf light arty and ranged, I know this have been discused for like 8 months and nothing has been done yet, is clearly that ranged of all races are so powerful and light arty missile strenght is so absurdly high that can kill 4 of my HI in a single volley and dark arty it´s so weak and unacurrate to counter that.

And please do something about the ancient elf kitting as well, I am sick tired of pvp in low tiers especially in t2 and t3, where most elves don´t do another thing that is not kitting, elves in t2 send level 8 dragon longbows with an GL weapon and a + 4 GL movement banner, and that let they kite every single unit in my army except CAV, even my archers (cause dragon longbow have greater range, and faster shooting speed, so they can run until they get out of my archers range and fast shoot a volley and ran away out of range again before my archers can do a thing).

I am not going to talk about CAV as a solution to this problem, my CAV do fine in pvp and pve, but elves can easily set LIA+heroes around their archers to protect them from my cav making impossible to contact enemy ranged with my melee.

Rune please tell us is you can do something about this, I see pvp queue very empty, when olimpus server was active I saw lot of people asking for pvp everywhere and did 2vs2 very frequently, and after the archers boost and servers merge, even with much more players pvp started to get inactive cause for kitting/camping tactics.

Humans only entered with 2 or more cannons send 1 cav scout and shoot everything in their sight, and is the enemy doesn´t came to their position they sit there until time run out, and elves started to use + 4 mov banners and used the FoW to their advantage to shoot and keep their archers out of sight and kite enemy units when their melee is gone.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 6:14 pm

I agree, one is safe from dark artillery as long as one doesn't move(If you start moving there is a higher chance of getting hit, because its that inaccurate).

Get rid of the dark artillery ability to shot over obstacles and make it perform like Light artillery thus no Light nerf is necessary.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:49 am

Why do you want to nerf my units?
My archers are doing well, LIA are not effective against all units.

I think first we should change cav, they should be more archers resistance while they run. Lia are good vs cav and thats ok, they die fast and are easy to kill with range units.
If you want to nerf range units, than how do you want to adjust races? Its almost impossible to win with scelies in melee battle (pvp), their LI are awesome, bowling LI are unstoppable.
I agree kitting is awful, some players still fight in this way, maybe limited arrows or some changes in movement (tiredness) could help.
You may change archers but all archers should work good while shooting to li/lia, archers, arty, maybe less against HI but should not be able to kill cavs while they are running.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:09 am

Strachu wrote:
My archers are doing well, LIA are not effective against all units.  

I think first we should change cav, they should be more archers resistance while they run. Lia are good vs cav and thats ok, they die fast and are easy to kill with range units.
If you want to nerf range units, than how do you want to adjust races? Its almost impossible to win with scelies in melee battle (pvp), their LI are awesome, bowling LI are unstoppable.
I agree kitting is awful, some players still fight in this way, maybe limited arrows or some changes in movement (tiredness) could help.
You may change archers but all archers should work good while shooting to li/lia, archers, arty, maybe less against HI but should not be able to kill cavs while they are running.

About kitting I rather remove the mov banners from ranged (and is a banner have mov, replace it with another ramdon stat), and cap their speed in the base they already have, gun smiths will always have 13 speed, dragon longbows will always have 17 speed and all other archers always 15 speed, with that they won´t be able to kite LI/LIA anymore making kitting only possible against HI (and it may be less harder for the dwarves).

About archers missile strenght, I can agree they to have that strengh but not in base, I think ranged missile strenght should be added as a stat and should be reduced to 20 but keep the same cap (and now ranged weapons/banners/artifacts should give only missile strenght and no melee strenght, this may solve the issue of archers being good at melee too and naked OP archers), And with that players must have to craft GL banners and possible artifacts too to raise their ranged strengh to the cap, and archers will be as effective as they are now, but only well geared like all other units.

NOTE: About archers actually I think their missle strenght capped at level 20 is(Rune is you read this please tell me is this correct or I am wrong about the missile strenght mechanics and some info about how missile strenght is calculated may help ^^):

Orc goblin archer 45base+20ability+20gear+20level= 105.

UD archer 45base+15ability+20?gear+20level= 100.

DL crossbow 45base+30?gear+20level= 95

Elf dragon longbow 45base+20?gear+20level= 85, but shoot 1/3 faster Razz

Human archer 45base+25gear+20level= 90 and fast shooting ^^

Dwarf gunsmith 45base+30gear+20level= 95

Note how irrelevant gear is in this equation ^^ is I had a level 20 archer naked it will hit ranged atacks with 85 free strenght and that is the cap my LI/LIA str Razz.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Strachu wrote:

for exactly the same reason the skellies have been nerfed a lot: because they are too string in comparison...
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Fighting a solo on suicide difficulty against light faction troops is harder than against dark faction troops, this is why ranged and artillery needs a nerf.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 1:36 pm

klaas wrote:
Strachu wrote:

for exactly the same reason the skellies have been nerfed a lot: because they are too string in comparison...

Scellies melee army is still the best imo, LI are amazing. Maybe elves melee army can win but no other races are able to do that in melee battle.
I will rather boost some races units and change their abilities.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Boboknack wrote:
Fighting a solo on suicide difficulty against light faction troops is harder than against dark faction troops, this is why ranged and artillery needs a nerf.

I didn't saw any difference, i just change my strategy a little bit. Maybe you are right and its more difficult especially when you have to face 4 arty, but you can always hide your units and kill enemy before arty is able to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:37 am

Juggernaut wrote:

NOTE: About archers actually I think their missle strenght capped at level 20 is(Rune is you read this please tell me is this correct or I am wrong about the missile strenght mechanics and some info about how missile strenght is calculated may help ^^):

Note how irrelevant gear is in this equation ^^ is I had a level 20 archer naked it will hit ranged atacks with 85 free strenght and that is the cap my LI/LIA str Razz.

here you have inf. about stats and cap - http://www.battleconforum.com/t587p45-new-stat-caps-poll
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 5:14 am

Strachu wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:

here you have inf. about stats and cap - http://www.battleconforum.com/t587p45-new-stat-caps-poll

That is too old¡, I am talking about the hidden stat missile strengh, you can´t see this stat, but I think I know how to calculate it but I am not sure is my calculations are wrong for that I asked rune is those stats are correct (still wondering why that stat is hidden, would love know arty missile strengh).

Check the changes to ranged units there. (note: missile strenght is the strenght power of ranged attacks, it determine how many damage you do with a RANGED attack).

http://www.battleconforum.com/t2128-update-21-3-2014-hades-is-aaaaaaalive

But after reading that post I am not sure is the strengh stat (the stat that you can see and you can increase with gear and leveling) only add 20+ missile strenght to all ranged, cause dwarven strenght cap is 45 and human 40 not like orcs and elven archers that have 35 then my previous calculation may be wrong? Razz well then is that true this may be the missile strenght of capped archers at level 20

orc= 105 or 104
UD= 100 or 99
DL= 85 or 84
Elf= 85 or 84
Human= 85 or 84
Dwarf= 85 or 84

Yup now I am confused too Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arty and ranged again.   Arty and ranged again. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arty and ranged again.
Page 1 of 1