Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I had a dream...

Go down 
+10
LSLarry
Ulfriden
Boboknack
Strachu
Pulkit
Juggernaut
Johntheright
Fyrr
Oingoboingo
ysosad
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What does the dream say about me?
I had that dream too! It's totally normal.
I had a dream... I_vote_lcap17%I had a dream... I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
It was a premonition! Burn the witch!
 17% [ 3 ]
You have become dependent upon the consistent and frequent attention the devs provide. You probably didn't get the love you wanted from your parents as a child. In summation: you should see a therapist.
 17% [ 3 ]
In an alternate reality, that did happen.
I had a dream... I_vote_lcap49%I had a dream... I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ysosad
The Restless

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 am

I'm not kidding, I had a dream last night that the developers had returned AND responded to the issues and ideas people have been posting about.

My morning was amazing, until I decided to check the forums and realized that I had only been dreaming...then I got a sad and decided to make a post about my traumatic experience and ask you what me having this dream says about me.

damn you Xargos!
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 am

ysosad wrote:
I'm not kidding, I had a dream last night that the developers had returned AND responded to the issues and ideas people have been posting about.

My morning was amazing, until I decided to check the forums and realized that I had only been dreaming...then I got a sad and decided to make a post about my traumatic experience and ask you what me having this dream says about me.

damn you Xargos!

And now we finally know....

y u r sosad.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 am

I kinda wanted the 'yso is totally crazy, but it's ok' option. :p

I wonder if devs have nightmares about forums lately.

Oingoelf wrote:
And now we finally know....
y u r sosad....

Actually that's not it, because the real answer is

/goes away distracted
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:25 am

I hope your dream comes true, Yso ! And FAST ! Right now, it's turning into a nightmare, if you ask me ! The game mechanics are now affecting the (Light side) community, as farmers are being called upon to not log-in, etc. Else they should be kicked from guilds, they should be forced into fighting, etc. BC has become a game in which it is (also) about getting the least number of log-ins... Really, a game which says : "please do not log-in, if you want to help us..." is a game that is opposite to what a game should be !

As far as I'm concerned : BC is like a patient who's about to die...doctors seem to be fixing on the symptoms, no longer the disease, which is actually killing the patient. The disease is the current game mechanics and they need to be changed ASAP ! I'm sure everybody knows of what I speak : the AI-armies and their tremendous impact and the unfair dark log-in-bonus.

We wanted a game which was more of a fun experience for EVERYONE ! Light and dark ! Now, the opposite is actually happening ! Light side gets hammered and will never have any chance of getting any bonus, as it will always get the highest number of log-ins. Hence, the "need" for less log-ins and THAT effects the community, which WAS friendly, but is NOW getting more and more unfriendly.

As for me : If we must have a stalemate (because else 1 faction will quit), then I'd prefer the same mechanics as in the 1st war on Everos : CP-bonus for the side who has produced the least CP's the day before and maxed at 25 %. AI-armies choose the lowest numbered enemy hex (15 % randomness) and strike with a max. of 15 % of a hex's total CP.

May I add : NO side was then trying to take advantage of the CP-bonus by slacking off 1 day..and it wouldn't happen now...
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 am

To be sincere the Restless tittle and you being in the first rank explain everything Razz, sometimes I had dreams with games too but never with this one I am not enough addicted Razz
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:47 am

May be too you are taking the game so seriously and you are being so "restless" that even in dreams you are thinking in games just try take the game with calm and take a little break is you need, dreaming with games can be ugly especially when you dream you are the guy fighting against the game monsters and everything looks very real Razz (I very rarely dream with games or cartoons but when I dream about they usually is because I was very addicted with these games and I was thinking in they before sleep but sometimes can be ugly in nightmares Razz)
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 am

I had a dream... Grumble
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 am

Johntheleft wrote:
CP-bonus for the side who has produced the least CP's the day before

you're actually serious? If now lights are asking people to not login.. with that bonus you're gonna ask for people to not do battles, and it's all about city development then, and racing who'll do less battles! I personally don't have anything else to upgrade... Crying or Very sad

Could you try to rephrase it from a dark player perspective btw? Imagine you're a skellie who's playing BC.

John wrote:
unfair dark log-in-bonus.
If it was purely about logins now, then I'd agree, but it isn't. Effort too.. And even idle games don't punish effort.

Truthfully, do you think darks ever had a real chance of winning, while the previous bonus was active? Neutral
BC2.. yes, darks won, but they did so because of small community, few no-lifer darks (ex-lights, don't forget that) and they still stalled for weeks, thanks to that bonus. With a larger community like now, light advantage is big. It's either the current bonus or allowing people to join darkside.. and with dev activity I don't see the 2nd happening soon.

John wrote:
If we must have a stalemate (because else 1 faction will quit). May I add : NO side was then trying to take advantage of the CP-bonus by slacking off 1 day..
In the 1st case.. won't both factions quit?
About slacking off for the bonus.. I know somewhat differently.

Juggernaut wrote:
May be too you are taking the game so seriously and you are being so "restless" that even in dreams you are thinking in games just try take the game with calm and take a little break is you need, dreaming with games can be ugly
wait.. you're saying people should somehow be ashamed of their dreams? Or they're able to choose what they dream about? Aww I wish to have such powers  bounce .
Do you never dream of school or home or people?
Back to top Go down
Strachu

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 am

Johntheright wrote:
I hope your dream comes true, Yso ! And FAST ! Right now, it's turning into a nightmare, if you ask me ! The game mechanics are now affecting the (Light side) community, as farmers are being called upon to not log-in, etc. Else they should be kicked from guilds, they should be forced into fighting, etc. BC has become a game in which it is (also) about getting the least number of log-ins... Really, a game which says : "please do not log-in, if you want to help us..." is a game that is opposite to what a game should be !

As far as I'm concerned : BC is like a patient who's about to die...doctors seem to be fixing on the symptoms, no longer the disease, which is actually killing the patient. The disease is the current game mechanics and they need to be changed ASAP ! I'm sure everybody knows of what I speak : the AI-armies and their tremendous impact and the unfair dark log-in-bonus.

We wanted a game which was more of a fun experience for EVERYONE ! Light and dark ! Now, the opposite is actually happening ! Light side gets hammered and will never have any chance of getting any bonus, as it will always get the highest number of log-ins. Hence, the "need" for less log-ins and THAT effects the community, which WAS friendly, but is NOW getting more and more unfriendly.

As for me : If we must have a stalemate (because else 1 faction will quit), then I'd prefer the same mechanics as in the 1st war on Everos : CP-bonus for the side who has produced the least CP's the day before and maxed at 25 %. AI-armies choose the lowest numbered enemy hex (15 % randomness) and strike with a max. of 15 % of a hex's total CP.

May I add : NO side was then trying to take advantage of the CP-bonus by slacking off 1 day..and it wouldn't happen now...

I agree the game become less friendly, mechanism should NOT count not fighting players, we should NOT work on logins numbers and ratio victories per player.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:18 am

ysosad wrote:

damn you Xargos!

Well, it shows that you care about the game Ysosad. alien

The same, can't be said about the developer team that has used every opportunity to promote Kingdoms Age, when appearing on global chat. They have even resorted to calling certain people non-constructive, yet they are the ones that go missing and greet players with a wall of silence. But then again, why shut down a game, if unsuspecting players are foolish enough to use their credit-card and buy gems?

The developer team have shown their true face, when put under pressure, they run away and hide behind an email address and various lawsuits. Agincourt gaming is all about cashing in on other peoples success. They are not even capable of doing good PR for their upcoming game. Why the hell would anyone invest in their game when they have experienced the mess this game has gone through! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:30 am

Boboknack wrote:
They have even resorted to calling certain people non-constructive, yet they are the ones that go missing and greet players with a wall of silence. But then again, why shut down a game, if unsuspecting players are foolish enough to use their credit-card and buy gems?

The developer team have shown their true face, when put under pressure, they run away and hide behind an email address and various lawsuits. Agincourt gaming is all about cashing in on other peoples success.
What if these devs would be like countless others, not talking with the community? Then you wouldn't even miss them now, and subsequently respect them more, because your expectations would be different.  cheers

I'm not a dev, but I don't think I'd care to post here much anymore if the attitude is largely like this ^^

What do you mean by this last sentence?
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:30 am

I had a dream too:
in mine the devs came and fix the AI armies overpower making the game perfectly balanced, changing map every war with amazing scenarios which change the game war to war! With weather, enviromental adds on and lots more!

But the most amazing thing was that we were on 2 strong and honorable factions, both with great respect for the opposite side, and thriugh members of the same one.
The Light faction was filled by great mighty and awesome warriors, no farmers around! And we were facing a dark side of friends but still fierce fighters, all ready to stand their ground! All was awesome, and the clash of our factions echoed in the universe, scaring even the Gods of War!

The dream was very cool! Maybe one day we can live it! hard work to get it though =)
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 am

Fyrr wrote:
Johntheleft wrote:
CP-bonus for the side who has produced the least CP's the day before

you're actually serious? If now lights are asking people to not login.. with that bonus you're gonna ask for people to not do battles, and it's all about city development then, and racing who'll do less battles! I personally don't have anything else to upgrade... Crying or Very sad

I think I already said : no one will try to get a bonus by slacking off. But city builders have never done anything wrong, why must they pay the price now ?

Fyrr wrote:
Could you try to rephrase it from a dark player perspective btw? Imagine you're a skellie who's playing BC.

First of all : I'm not writing as a Lightie here, trying to promote ''his'' cause alone. I'm seeing the game (BC) AND its community change and all I can do now, is try to make things visible as neutral as possible. I'm just a human, but I try... Surely there must be something possible for both sides : both fair and competitive.

Regrettably the side with the least number of (fighting) players can most likely only get a stalemate-result at best. I don't fancy this either, but we've seen the dark side quitting when they were outright defeated and had no chance at all. So ... there has to be SOMETHING, that gives both sides the satisfaction of not getting treated unfair AND not being outright defeated.

Fyrr wrote:
John wrote:
unfair dark log-in-bonus.
If it was purely about logins now, then I'd agree, but it isn't. Effort too.. And even idle games don't punish effort.

It is the log-in-part that decides WHO gets the bonus. The Lights will therefore NEVER get the bonus, not even when we're outnumbered CP-wise. Happened past weekend. Is THAT fair ? If we outnumber CP-wise, we don't need a bonus, but to just NEVER get a bonus, because of the number of log-ins ? Is THAT fair ?

And effort ... can you write about effort from a Light side perspective ? Let me try : No matter how much effort we make, we're beaten by the AI-army and a 40%-max-bonus. And all the while we're losing people, see a "desperate" atmosphere in faction chat and NOTHING is gonna change that... Effort has almost become useless on the Light side. Now, let me hear your try ??

Fyrr wrote:
Truthfully, do you think darks ever had a real chance of winning, while the previous bonus was active? Neutral
BC2.. yes, darks won, but they did so because of small community, few no-lifer darks (ex-lights, don't forget that) and they still stalled for weeks, thanks to that bonus. With a larger community like now, light advantage is big. It's either the current bonus or allowing people to join darkside.. and with dev activity I don't see the 2nd happening soon.

I don't see anyhing happening soon either. But, as an outnumbered faction, the darks were tough, but beatable before the merge. After the merge, darks quit, understandably, as there was little or no fun for them. Now, with the AI-armies, it is even more impossible to win for either side. There is no effort which can match the AI-armies coming at you 3 times per cycle and the other side defending what they can. So, I never saw any real chance for the darks to win this game, but it was tough and there were lots of surprises back then. Now, it's just simply impossible for either side.

Fyrr wrote:
John wrote:
If we must have a stalemate (because else 1 faction will quit). May I add : NO side was then trying to take advantage of the CP-bonus by slacking off 1 day..
In the 1st case.. won't both factions quit?
About slacking off for the bonus.. I know somewhat differently.

In the 1st case...yes, probs people will get bored and quit, happened all the time, will happen all the time. But is it truly better now ? Isn't this some kind of stalemate also ? Another difference now is : The AI-armies have become so OP : they're gonna make it (near-)impossible to win. Even more stalemate than ever before. And : what do you mean by "I know somewhat differently." ?

Last edited by Johntheright on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 am

Fyrr wrote:
Boboknack wrote:
They have even resorted to calling certain people non-constructive, yet they are the ones that go missing and greet players with a wall of silence. But then again, why shut down a game, if unsuspecting players are foolish enough to use their credit-card and buy gems?

The developer team have shown their true face, when put under pressure, they run away and hide behind an email address and various lawsuits. Agincourt gaming is all about cashing in on other peoples success.
What if these devs would be like countless others, not talking with the community? Then you wouldn't even miss them now, and subsequently respect them more, because your expectations would be different.  cheers

I'm not a dev, but I don't think I'd care to post here much anymore if the attitude is largely like this ^^

What do you mean by this last sentence?

Well they are not talking to the community are they?

They have been throwing us bones with some meat on it, trying to keep us satisfied. I could do without the developer attention, if they would only make an effort and do much needed follow ups after each update, fixing what needs to be fixed in order for the game to be pleasant to play.(Promoting Kingdoms Age on global chat, I don't consider as being attentive to the game)

The attitude on the forum is not normally like this. People are constructive and are focusing on solutions, but they don't get the time of day, only excuses and now they have turned to the method of using silence.

You can always try to google Agincourt gaming, you'll only find lawsuits and a single email address.

In my opinion they have "0" credibility left.(But that's my opinion)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 am

JTR wrote:
I think I already said : no one will try to get a bonus by slacking off. But city builders have never done anything wrong, why must they pay the price now ?
Even if not outright slacking.. but it's less motivating to work hard if that won't count much.
Ok, what if the logins were changed to only fighters, would that be ok, or you think the bonus would still be unfair?

JTR wrote:
I'm just a human, but I try... Surely there must be something possible for both sides : both fair and competitive. Regrettably the side with the least number of players can most likely only get a stalemate-result at best.

The human part.. even the game race.. Well done :p
Do you see no chance at all that the outnumbered faction would actually win?

JTR wrote:
It is the log-in-part that decides WHO gets the bonus. The Lights will therefore NEVER get the bonus, not even when we're outnumbered CP-wise. Happened past weekend. Is THAT fair ? If we outnumber CP-wise, we don't need a bonus, but to just NEVER get a bonus, because of the number of log-ins ? Is THAT fair ?
If even being outnumbered darks manage to get more victories per player.. I do think it's kinda fair that they earn something.  scratch
If enough builders get bored.. why not, it's possible your side will someday get the bonus. Or at least bonus disappears.

JTR wrote:
And effort ... can you write about effort from a Light side perspective ? Let me try : No matter how much effort we make, we're beaten by the AI-army and a 40%-max-bonus. And all the while we're losing people, see a "desperate" atmosphere in faction chat and NOTHING is gonna change that... Effort has almost become useless on the Light side. Now, let me hear your try ??
Remember this - both sides have to somehow endure the AI horse. Dark hits more frequently, but that doesn't mean darks don't get annoyed by the light horse :p And at first we were also frustrated by the bonus.. the same builders who don't battle, the low amount of wins.. or how we get 40% one day and almost no one makes use of it so the next day we're at 15% (like now!).

As a light.. (I was light in BC2.. on losing side btw) I'd curse the builders... And yell at noobs to battle more. Enjoy ranged battles, which are rather impossible for darks. Pester devs with 'please let some lights join darkside'. And be glad we have more than half of the map and don't let the darks simply walk over us even with their bonus, mwahaha. My motivation would be somewhat lower as a light... But far from enough to stop playing. The worst is when there's 1-2 hexes from the capital, you haven't experienced this. Then every frustration feels way more serious.

Have short term goals such as being in that war report, or getting a region X... that usually helps. With such CPs from solos it's not impossible to get a hex alone.. Enough?
 bounce

I still don't see bonus being horrible. AI horses is a different thing. Total atmosphere is a combination of the two.. and I want more of your thoughts about bonus regardless of what AI is doing.

JTR wrote:
yes, probs people will get bored and quit, happened all the time, will happen all the time. But is it truly better now ? Isn't this some kind of stalemate also ?
I don't think stalemate would feel much better... I don't think it's fair to either side... that the winning side would sacrifice their advantage in order for both sides to feel meh.
Some of us have never experienced anything more fun than the stalemate, that we're getting now with the bonus... Tbh in terms of enjoyability.. I think it's better now.. when lights used to feel good, now we changed places somewhat. It's not totally fun, but a welcome break from the eternal stalemate. I of course assume it's not gonna be only to dark advantage for the eternity (do you?).

Bobo wrote:
fixing what needs to be fixed in order for the game to be pleasant to play
Isn't this somehow hard or even impossible to achieve, especially when not being totally committed to one game?
Otherwise.. I suppose you're somewhat right.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 am

Johntheright; a quick point... If the light side consistently fights harder than the dark side, the bonus will not apply. This is the balancing mechanism for the overpopulated side (currently light). If more people fight more than less people, the less people (lol) don't get anything, and the more people fighting more win.

Or in other words; the bonus favours whichever side works harder to gain its favour. Seems fine to me...
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 am

Fyrr wrote:
JTR wrote:
Even if not outright slacking.. but it's less motivating to work hard if that won't count much.
Ok, what if the logins were changed to only fighters, would that be ok, or you think the bonus would still be unfair?

I don't think I've seen that slacking behaviour before. People are playing this game and will be playing this game to win. Ofcourse lots of people become inactive as they're getting bored of the same repetitive battles, but that's just how it is with games like this one.

I think the following : The bonus is intended to help the "losing party". What determines winning or losing in this game ? CP-production ! THIS is the criterium : CP-production. Not : "you got more people, fighting or not, so you don't get a bonus", but this : the side that is losing (producing less CP) at a given time, gets the bonus, which still will be the dark side 99% of the cases, which is fine by me.

Fyrr wrote:
JTR wrote:
I'm just a human, but I try... Surely there must be something possible for both sides : both fair and competitive. Regrettably the side with the least number of players can most likely only get a stalemate-result at best.

The human part.. even the game race.. Well done :p
Do you see no chance at all that the outnumbered faction would actually win?

I can't say 100% conclusive, that's why I said : "most likely". But after the game mechanics pushed us Lights back hard when we were 2-3 hexes away from the DC...I don't think either side could win this war. Ofcourse, having a CP-bonus on your side when you approach the capital increases your chances, but even then... The AI-army is just too powerful. 2 Attacks on the same hex in 1 cycle and that hex is completely gone. It gets tougher when near a capital and the defenders can "easily" push you off.

Fyrr wrote:
JTR wrote:
If even being outnumbered darks manage to get more victories per player.. I do think it's kinda fair that they earn something.  scratch
If enough builders get bored.. why not, it's possible your side will someday get the bonus. Or at least bonus disappears.

Ofcourse the darks "earn something". Actually, you guys have been doing great ! But, that doesn't mean that this kind of bonus is fair and Light side will most likely stay the most logged-in-faction, as it has always been the case. Why does the bonus have to be determined by something that is not to be changed ? Why do the population numbers have to change to affect a bonus ? Honestly, this is NUTS !

Fyrr wrote:
JTR wrote:
Remember this - both sides have to somehow endure the AI horse. Dark hits more frequently, but that doesn't mean darks don't get annoyed by the light horse :p And at first we were also frustrated by the bonus.. the same builders who don't battle, the low amount of wins.. or how we get 40% one day and almost no one makes use of it so the next day we're at 15% (like now!).

Heh... how could I possibly forget ? Laughing But, you never experienced anything like we did, so close to the DC and then the game mechanics changing and we're just being blown away ! The AI-army is unparallelled so close to a capital ! I think dark has always had its prime in the weekends. But, why bring that and other "annoyances" up now ? Laughing

Fyrr wrote:
As a light.. (I was light in BC2.. on losing side btw) I'd curse the builders... And yell at noobs to battle more. Enjoy ranged battles, which are rather impossible for darks. Pester devs with 'please let some lights join darkside'. And be glad we have more than half of the map and don't let the darks simply walk over us even with their bonus, mwahaha. My motivation would be somewhat lower as a light... But far from enough to stop playing. The worst is when there's 1-2 hexes from the capital, you haven't experienced this. Then every frustration feels way more serious.

You been on Olympus, Fyrr ? I also and on the Light side too ! Though ofcourse under a different name. There, the Lights were steamrolled over, because there were too little Lights, yes. But, that's the game.

Fyrr wrote:
Have short term goals such as being in that war report, or getting a region X... that usually helps. With such CPs from solos it's not impossible to get a hex alone.. Enough?  bounce

We're trying to do that (not the ''get into the war report''-part) and for 1 cycle it seemed to work. Past Friday/Saturday there was even some enthusiasm in faction chat. We finally held the line ! We successfully defended # 94 and # 107 ! Then, the AI-army kicks in twice on # 107 that following cycle and it was lost. Darks with bonus were already attacking # 94 and when we saw that the AI-army was coming a 2nd time on # 107, it was too late to save any of them. In 1 cycle the AI-army overran us and the darks were quick to take the advantage. Point is : the AI-army can and does actually influence the battle. It actually takes regions all by itself and draws CP to once attacked regions and when it comes again, all those CP were wasted... Yet, I guess this is the way to go in the center of the map.

Fyrr wrote:
I still don't see bonus being horrible. AI horses is a different thing. Total atmosphere is a combination of the two.. and I want more of your thoughts about bonus regardless of what AI is doing.

Not ANY bonus, but THIS bonus ! I think I said enough in my posts in this thread already, don't I ? If you really want to hear more from me, why don't you ask specific questions ? I'll probs stick around in the forums for a while...

Fyrr wrote:
JTR wrote:
yes, probs people will get bored and quit, happened all the time, will happen all the time. But is it truly better now ? Isn't this some kind of stalemate also ?
I don't think stalemate would feel much better... I don't think it's fair to either side... that the winning side would sacrifice their advantage in order for both sides to feel meh.
Some of us have never experienced anything more fun than the stalemate, that we're getting now with the bonus... Tbh in terms of enjoyability.. I think it's better now.. when lights used to feel good, now we changed places somewhat. It's not totally fun, but a welcome break from the eternal stalemate. I of course assume it's not gonna be only to dark advantage for the eternity (do you?).

Man, are you writing only from a dark perspective or what ? And I don't exactly get the last sentence ? Does it mean : "the darks will not have the bonus forever" ? If it does, only changing the criterium of the bonus AND the removal/reduction of the AI-armies are gonna change something. Assuming there will not be the possibility of switching sides without resetting, ofcourse.

I think the sacrificial part is what has already happened. The Light side sacrificed its victory and now it's a whole different game. I understand the darks are now thrilled by the recent events, but it is NOT enjoyable, nor fair for both sides. And to make THAT happen, is exactly what is at stake. I threw in my 2 cents as a final contribution to this game. Up to the community and most of all the devs to actually do something about it.

Last edited by Johntheright on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 am

LSLarry wrote:
Johntheright; a quick point... If the light side consistently fights harder than the dark side, the bonus will not apply.  This is the balancing mechanism for the overpopulated side (currently light).  If more people fight more than less people, the less people (lol) don't get anything, and the more people fighting more win.  

Or in other words; the bonus favours whichever side works harder to gain its favour.  Seems fine to me...

I disagree with you, Larry ! The bonus will ALWAYS apply, but may be mitigated if there are (way) more CP's being produced by the side that doesn't get the bonus. But the bonus will ALWAYS favor the underpopulated side. The war reports show each day how much bonus darks are getting. So, I assume we have viewed the reports past weeks and know what we're talking about.

This bonus was introduced to help the underpopulated side, which was the dark side. Remember we were a few regions away from your capital ? Then we were beaten back, mainly because of the changed game mechanics (AI-army together with bonus). I really think no one can handle 3 AI-army attacks per cycle and the other side defending for what it's worth. Of course, having a 40%-max-CP-bonus may help in the case of approaching a capital. I am used to say : Light is NOT as much beaten by the dark side as it is by game mechanics. We were close to victory and the game changes have completely altered this. Light side effort was by far not enough to do anything about it...and believe me...we tried ! Hence, DARK effort may be rewarded, but NOT the Light's. Ofcourse, the more we are towards the middle of the map, the less we're beaten by the dark AI-army.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 am

Curious way to respond O.o

Johntheright wrote:

I disagree with you, Larry ! The bonus will ALWAYS apply, but may be mitigated if there are (way) more CP's being produced by the side that doesn't get the bonus. But the bonus will ALWAYS favor the underpopulated side.

Well.. if by applying you mean it's in the code, then yeah, but if one side isn't that much underpopulated.. eventually, or if one fights more, the bonus can be 0...

Are you unhappy with helping the underpopulated side and also want the stalemate?..
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 am

I have indeed seen the battle reports. Every time light side fights more the CP bonus decreases. Fight more and the CP bonus will be "1" and dark side's only option will be... fight more than light to try and regain the bonus.

I argued against so many updates at once, as I felt they would cause confusion like this. The AI armies have clearly unbalanced the war, and dark faction members have readily said so in multiple posts. I understand that nobody likes being on the unbalanced side of something, but you yourself pointed out that this situation will become less and less drastic as the battle front reaches the middle of the map. IF DARK CAN STILL GO FORWARD LIGHT ARMY WILL THEN GAIN EFFICACY. The problem with the armies is quite simply that they hit too hard. This should be fixed, but it is on the devs, not on the dark faction Wink.

The CP Bonus has NOT unbalanced the war. I check what the actual CP's are including the bonus, and yesterday(today's report) proves my point quite nicely.

http://prntscr.com/4h2li4

When you multiply dark CP by the bonus you get 160766 CP. Light side produced 189051 CP.

That is to say; with a PARTIAL bonus, it is clear that light side still has the advantage based on their numbers WHEN THEY FIGHT MORE.

I do not understand why the bonus would/should be available to the side with more players? You have a mechanism to deny the side with less players THEIR bonus. This, I say again, is the balancing mechanism. Fight more.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:36 am

What about this
RunSlayer wrote:

2. If the ratio is more than 1.2 (i.e. 20% more active players on one side compared to the other), then the algorithm will be triggered, otherwise there will be no CP bonus. Although the day is not over yet and our US players have only begun to wake up, let us assume that the ratio for today is 1.3 for the Light side i.e. The Light side has 30% more active players today.

Last war report
Active players
Dark243
Light 282
284/243 = 1,16
what's going on?
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am

That is a very good question Strachu, as I understand it you are correct and the bonus should disappear based on that O.o.

Does anyone know if that position (Strachu's quote of Rune) was later altered?
Back to top Go down
klaas

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 pm

just throwing out a thought: possibly the bonus is X, but isn't applied because the playerbase difference is stoo small?
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: effort   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 pm

i hear the word effort all the time...one side is making an effort and being rewarded for it...log ins dont matter....please define "effort"...when the dark side wins every category on the war report except number of logins...and is rewarded with a 39% bonus....well i don't understand how that is in any way right. because fewer people are trying harder? i would beg to differ...light works desperately to fend off players generating 550 cp per battle...putting in effort...and why
are we penalized because we have farmers...should we start bullying them out of the game? Nonsense! Farmers. pvp'ers, fighters, observers all have the right to play the game they way they see fit and neither faction should be penalized by log in numbers...one more time... 10 Tiger tanks will destroy 100 shermans in a war with no maneuver...so then let's give the Tigers 40% more punch...obviously the shermans weren't putting in the effort.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Fyrr wrote:
Curious way to respond O.o

Johntheright wrote:

I disagree with you, Larry ! The bonus will ALWAYS apply, but may be mitigated if there are (way) more CP's being produced by the side that doesn't get the bonus. But the bonus will ALWAYS favor the underpopulated side.

Well.. if by applying you mean it's in the code, then yeah, but if one side isn't that much underpopulated.. eventually, or if one fights more, the bonus can be 0...

Are you unhappy with helping the underpopulated side and also want the stalemate?..

I don't know if it's a bug, but there won't be a day there is NO bonus at all. I never saw the bonus reduced to "0", nor do I think it will ever occur without changes.

Are you seriously asking me if I don't want to help the losing side ? I think you know very well that I did and still do. But, this change (both AI-army AND the "bonus up to a max of 40 %, based on population") needs adjustment ASAP. I agree with people saying the AI-army is probs the 1st thing to alter/remove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I had a dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream...   I had a dream... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I had a dream...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next