Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elves are OP

Go down 
+8
Oingoboingo
Juggernaut
Tops
LSLarry
Vmomo
Dahk
Boboknack
mitrac
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Elves are OP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 3:12 pm

And what about dark arty? I tough dark arty function was to take down light superior ranged units and light armored units (LI, ranged, LIA), like light arty function is take down dark superior melee and heavy infantry (HI), I still think that dark arty is very useless at killing anything, I need do like 15 arty volleys to kill a single LIA unit (dues to fail shots and low damage) and with archers I just need like 5/8 volleys to exterminate or nearly exterminate a LIA unit, at this point dark arty function is just to force enemy move, usually help to make campers come to me but against melee armies is totally useless, and is terrible against ranged, (not as terrible that against melee armies but very useless).
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Making cav stronger vs archer ranged needs to be done. And frankly I dont know why it hasn't been done yet. Its just like uncapping LIA movement. Things that are logical, often suggested and agreed upon by every player, even elves and yet nothing has been done yet.

That being said. Kiting LI/LIA would still be very possible for elves who use cav themselves to effectively destroy all other cavs but ironforts.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:25 am

its a problem for me to talk about elves OP units coz i rarely pvp with darkies, mostly with humans and elves.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 am

i want to remember that there was an update which deeply increased the power of the ranged units (and obviouly, the most powerful of all was powered more than others). That update needed to be calibrate, but even with so many requests nothing has been done about.
I agree, elves ARE OP.
rnaged units should not be so powerful on battlefield. I am a dwarf, and i have a full ranged army of 10 gunners. Their outcome is great, too great being the less good ranged race. We have a ridiculous short range, a LOS even shorter, but we manage to win battles with great outcome. This because RANGED are OP, and for that Elves are having the best missile troops, faster than all others, with longer range and shooting rate. This is right, elves are the best archers, but that update NEED to be fixed.
So, imo, it is not the elven race which needs to be nerfed, but the whole ranged troops. Still keeping it stronger than before that particular update, but not so much as it is now.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am

Ulfriden wrote:
that update NEED to be fixed.
So, imo, it is not the elven race which needs to be nerfed, but the whole ranged troops. Still keeping it stronger than before that particular update, but not so much as it is now.

This is a very valid point! My dark legion archers also shouldn't be as good as they are. They just shouldn't Wink.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:14 am

They are still OP!
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:42 am

Boboknack wrote:
They are still OP!

But they are beatable, I don´t understand why this bother you so much is you don´t pvp AI is enough dumb to easily beat they, you just need CAV and capped HI and easy win, only pvpers have bad experience fighting against elven kitters especially darkies because we always were melee users and have worse ranged and basically no arty to counter ligthies, by the way I learned how use well my CAV and Archers to manage to slaugh entire elven arty/ranged units, I may understand Claud situation because UD DL and humans have that dammed delicate and pathetic CAV, DL CAV is a good damage dealer but is not match against elven/orc CAV and dwarven CAV have the power to beat elven/orc CAV but not the speed to reach they or archers alive.

Elves always are learning how improve their kitting tactics, but sadly for they against me because I have good CAV and learned many archers strategy (from elves) to counter their camper/kitting armies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:09 am

But I need admit that they have some units that are OP The OP elven units in my consideration are Shadow guards, Dragon longbows and all other archers, and all light arty there are a few suggestion to reduce kitting and nerf or boost some units that need it

1. Increase shadow guard reaction from 6 to 7.

2. Cap all archers speed and remove it from banners to don´t waste ap, this mean that gunners will always have 13 speed, dragon longbow always 17 all other archers always 15.

3. Boost DL, human and UD cav, increase their health a little

4. Give abilities to CAV and HI to be more resistant against archers.

5. Eliminate hidden (free) stats from archers and force they to full GL gear to make archers effective, they will waste more ap and naked archers will be useless like all other non-geared units but they will keep the effectiveness they have now but only well geared.

6. Slightly increase dark arty accuracy and missile strength or nerf light arty or make 2 kind of arty, people will have 2 options to choose what kind of arty they want regardless of the faction/race (but some arty of different factions will be better or worse as well) the options are

Arty 1: More accurate than Arty 2 need direct line of sigh to shoot and deal concentrated damage in a small are (high damage but lower AOE)

Arty 2: Less accuracy and damage than arty 1 but don´t need direct line of sight and deal spread damage (big AOE but lower damage)

7. Slightly reduce UD base stats and probably increase a little more the reaction to prevent naked UD ball up.

8. Is you don´t want boost UD, DL and human CAV then orc/dwarf/elf CAV should be nerfed.

9. Decrease orc/dwarven LIA reaction from 8 to 7 and reduce their endurance base and cap (we don´t want or need tanky LIA we need killers)

10. Increase LIA movement cap to 21 or more this will make kitting less effective and LIA will be "useful" because now really move faster than LI is they are not wearing armor why they should have same speed cap than LI?.

11. Change DL, dwarf and orc ability they have lower reaction than UD and elves then why they should have bad abilities and only human LI have a nice ability? abilities I suggest

Greenfangs: change that ability for a chance of hit the opponent with higher str, for example when at level 9 green fangs every successful hit have 30% chance of hit his opponent with +35 str

Iron hands: Change their ability for a drunk ability, because this unit always is drinking ale when this unit is engaged they have a chance of get drunk and they receive a bonus to endurance and armor for 20 secs at level 9 can be +15 armor +15 endurance.

Lesser demons: Vicious figthing ability lesser demons love fighting for that when they are engaged they have a chance of become vicious and increase their melee and reaction for 20 secs but endurance receive a penalty at level 9 melee +15 and reaction -2 but endurance -15

These only are a few suggestion try don´t kill me or agree with everything I wrote there I just want improve the weak units and nerf the very strong units a little for more balance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elves are OP   Elves are OP - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elves are OP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2