Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The High Council - history and requirements

Go down 
+9
kuba_
Juggernaut
tonio21
Metalsiagon
ysosad
XViper
Ulfriden
Tops
Fyrr
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

The High Council - history and requirements Empty
PostSubject: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 am

Since I keep receiving questions about The High Council or requests to be added to it, fine, here's a post regarding all that.

(tldr - just look at colored parts).

In the beginning The High Council was a select group of people, 3 persons per guild, no matter their interest. HC served as a place for suggestions and to help spread the info to the guildmates.

It had a few problems and finally sort of died. 1st, the guild representation wasn't equal at all, even though it was hoped otherwise.. Some guilds are large and have many contributive players, others consist of a few people. 2nd, many people used to just save their seat and not contribute. 3rd, there wasn't much to relay to guilds... And eventually only a few people still used the subforum somewhat.

So the second try of HC is with a bit different rules, and Rune giving the community more power. It's mostly about improving the game, Rune posts stuff in general if he wants to announce something anyway, so there's no need for guild representation anymore. Dark/light percentage is questionable too, because some people switched sides eventually. 3:2 dark/light representation is enough.
Instead we have the requirement to think about the game and not how to benefit a particular faction/race (except to discuss the imbalances).

Since it's a forum thing, people need to be familiar with posting. Members are primarily selected for their significant contributions in the forum areas that are accessible to all forum-goers, who have shown the interest in making the game better. Individuals are considered for inclusion in the HC when the collection of their posts have the following characteristics:

1. They comment often - Individuals that post less than once a month are not considered regardless of other contributions.
2. They comment relevantly - they generally address the matter at hand, they do not attempt to derail the threads. Additionally, the sum of their posts are not littered with "+1" type comments, but add substance to the thread. (Come on, we need ideas and input, not a thoughtless 'yes yes it's fine' all the time).
3. They comment neutrally - they are not driven to better one individual/faction/guild specifically, rather it is for the game's betterment or to correct an imbalance.

4. Not a strict requirement - if the posts are great, it becomes irrelevant (though it's rarely the case):

4.1 They comment in a variety of areas - for example if someone only posts bugs, might not be suited for HC, since HC doesn't deal with bugs often.

4.2 Signature - huge distracting one looks like spam, it's harder to read posts when such signatures are present, especially if the post is shorter than the sig. Why not resize the picture or put a link to full size thing instead...
A relevant example can be Ulfriden's huge colorful signature.

4.3 Reputation - this system doesn't work too well, some posts get randomly upvoted (I noticed that certain lights get their friends to vote for them everywhere... it's bad :p) or downvoted, but still - if someone generally posts well, their reputation shows it. Same for people who are selfish and like to just troll the forum, their reputation will be low. General requirement is +4 points of total reputation.

4.4 Sign up date - people who are new to forums generally should wait for 2-3 weeks before trying to get into HC and post stuff in general areas in the meantime.

There is no consideration for one's position in the game, a new player has as much potential to be an HC member as a guild leader or the top CP/Fame earner. Don't look at HC as sort of a Hall of Fame, but rather as a place you might want to work at.

If you want to try being in HC, make sure you at least somewhat fit the requirements, and contact me (yup, even if you've contacted me before..). Rune doesn't directly deal with accepting people btw!
Accepting or removing people is a somewhat regulated process, don't take it personally Exclamation , and you don't have more (or less) chances to get in if we know each other. I'm not even the only one who makes all those decisions so give it time.

If accepted, you'll be expected to make at least 2 good quality posts as soon as possible (contributing to the topic or creating a new one, having ideas or interesting solutions.. not just 'I agree', 'I voted for this and that', no posts with negative reputation). After some time (month?) the trial period ends and people are either removed or stay based on their performance.

It needs some dedication. If you're just curious about what's in there, you can just ask instead of going through all this and ending up getting removed.

credits: ysosad helped me with technicalities
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 am

Interesting, I thought it was still guild-related since the description of the forum implies as much.

Maybe it should be changed from

> A meeting point for the biggest Guilds and the developers.

to

> A meeting point for select community members and the developers

Just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 pm

what do you mean about the signature?

Very Happy:D:D
 lol! jocolor 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Great post Fyrr.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: concerning HC   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:55 am

Fyrr, im curious to see a list of all HC members though.

If HC is a useful instrument to interface with devs, i still believe that every major guild should be represented there, as the most active players. Otherwise, the most important positions are taken by farmers or onceuponatime active players whom are not anymore. I agree on not having all all guilds there, but at least the first in ranking should. And the most active players too. And the top ranking players too.
For they are a great part of the game, and they should have the possibility to have a word. Also who has no guild but is a present player and a influencing one. Not many, but why not?
Also, how often do u (u as council) refresh the number of the participants ?
How many there are dead players?
Im interested about. If it is a good instrument to suggest or discuss matters, i think it should work more well as possible, for we need it for the game.

About the signature, everyone who start a thread can choose if in the thread the signature is showwed or not. If u don t want it, and i can agree with you, just put the rule that every thread in HC have to deny the signature. it is easy to do.

cheers  bom 
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:20 am

Ulfriden wrote:
Fyrr, im curious to see a list of all HC members though.

If HC is a useful instrument to interface with devs, i still believe that every major guild should be represented there, as the most active players. Otherwise, the most important positions are taken by farmers or onceuponatime active players whom are not anymore. I agree on not having all all guilds there, but at least the first in ranking should. And the most active players too. And the top ranking players too.
For they are a great part of the game, and they should have the possibility to have a word. Also who has no guild but is a present player and a influencing one. Not many, but why not?
Also, how often do u (u as council) refresh the number of the participants ?
How many there are dead players?
Im interested about. If it is a good instrument to suggest or discuss matters, i think it should work more well as possible, for we need it for the game.

About the signature, everyone who start a thread can choose if in the thread the signature is showwed or not. If u don t want it, and i can agree with you, just put the rule that every thread in HC have to deny the signature. it is easy to do.

cheers  bom 
Member list:
http://prntscr.com/4dp9hu
http://prntscr.com/4dp9o3
http://prntscr.com/4dp9qc

The rest I leave for Fyrr to answer. Very Happy

IMO though, if it were a requirement not to have a signature, a responsible HC member (a redundancy in terms, ofc Razz) should be take it upon themselves to make sure not to put it, even if the person who started the thread didn't.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:40 am

so, 32 members (+2 devs), so few in top ranking, so many of one single guild, none of Grey Guards.
I ask that at least 2 members of Grey Guard would be admitted there, i propose tonio and me for being active every day. But if another active member would like may we have 3, maybe.
This could help the table to be more representative.
I think that the most active players should have voice there, not people who log only sometimes. This means that anyone can be there, and anyone can exit, basing on the activity on a period. Otherwise the instrument can t work at 100%, right?

and... No Embarassed pale Sad 
.. i reduced my signature  lol! 

Last edited by Ulfriden on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:47 am

Ulfriden wrote:
so, 32 members (+2 devs), so few in top ranking, so many of one single guild, none of Grey Guards.
I ask that at least 2 members of Grey Guard would be admitted there, i propose tonio and me for being active every day. But if another active member would like may we have 3, maybe.
This could help the table to be more representative.
I think that the most active players should have voice there, not people who log only sometimes. This means that anyone can be there, and anyone can exit, basing on the activity on a period. Otherwise the instrument can t work at 100%, right?

Vicious is his forum name?
Tornio would seem like a good choice, if he is interested...is he?
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:51 am

ysosad wrote:

Vicious is his forum name?
Tornio would seem like a good choice, if he is interested...is he?

hehe no lol, wrong typing
i edited the post =)
i asked him, he'll check the thread soon
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:54 am

Respectfully Ulf, being in a top guild isn't an automatic entrance into HC anymore. I know you are well aware of all the stuff that you pulled in BC, I am kind of surprised you think that we all have forgotten about it. The massive headache you caused literally did nothing but create enemies in our own faction, and some of us know the real reasons why you did it which is exactly what is not needed in HC.

As far as the lopsided membership, RG has a lot of members in HC, but most of us started our run in different guilds then moved to RG after older guilds broke up or went inactive.

I know nothing of Tonio, but that might be because his name is different in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:17 am

so metal, u are saying that being me a guy who have a deep effect in the game i should not be in the HC. Interesting point =)

Mainly for what i seek was the balancing, at that time, This brought me a tons of hate by the lighties. But this prove that im able to be more neutral than the majority of the people of light, reason to be admitted =) and to not let that only one point of view would be represented there.
And more, being one of the highest cp rank guilds being one of the lowest in fame means nothing, u say. So, the farmers are well represented there and the warriors should not. Another very interesting point.
Then the question is spontaneous: what the hell do u do in the HC mate?
Maybe yhis can explain well the troubles of the light faction. Don t seek the aunt sally metal, and watch in the mirror with neutral eyes. Maybe you can find more than you expect, if your sight is sincere.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:19 am

And, if i remember well, in the poll u were the only one who wanted an increase in the power of the AI armies. I really find hard to understand you mate =)
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:51 am

Ulf, your "deep effect" on the game only makes people angry with you, which should be a sign that you do not have HC material. The real reason you went to war with the Light faction is because we wouldn't temporarily raise Crusader Kings total CP to give you better standing in bonus region claims. Then proceeded to wreck everything for a petty reason of saying "no" to you.

You continue to divide the game in to two groups of people who both greatly enjoy the game, "farmers" and "warriors", this is neither constructive nor neutral.

For the record, Light members on HC and not on the HC have been some of the greatest supporters of increasing the bonus to Dark, as well as improving balance between the factions.

Asking what I've contributed? Go to "Advanced Search" and search by author. "metalsiagon". Its easy.

Ulfriden wrote:
And, if i remember well, in the poll u were the only one who wanted an increase in the power of the AI armies. I really find hard to understand you mate =)

I feel that the armies need to be more powerful to have a more direct effect on the Strategic scale, that's my thinking on that. I don't see what you can't understand.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:08 am

Metalsiagon wrote:
Ulf, your "deep effect" on the game only makes people angry with you, which should be a sign that you do not have HC material. The real reason you went to war with the Light faction is because we wouldn't temporarily raise Crusader Kings total CP to give you better standing in bonus region claims. Then proceeded to wreck everything for a petty reason of saying "no" to you.

You continue to divide the game in to two groups of people who both greatly enjoy the game, "farmers" and "warriors", this is neither constructive nor neutral.

For the record, Light members on HC and not on the HC have been some of the greatest supporters of increasing the bonus to Dark, as well as improving balance between the factions.

Asking what I've contributed? Go to "Advanced Search" and search by author. "metalsiagon". Its easy.

Ulfriden wrote:

I feel that the armies need to be more powerful to have a more direct effect on the Strategic scale, that's my thinking on that. I don't see what you can't understand.

I see
So: im one of top hitters of the game, im in top 10 of the Light faction since many wars , mainly when not the fame but the cp counts for that (the activity then). Im on every day since ages. I am ever in top 3 guilds. My war contributions is substantial (as for any other top hitter, i don t mean i am the only who fight)- In the Forum im pretty active too. I shoed many times to be able to see the things from a neutral position.

So, i should be one who can definitely be in the HC.
BUT
i have different opinions from others.
SO
u think u can deny me the position there.
You instead have from ages far low positions in ranking. You re quite low active.
You often wrong answers in posts (being correct by others for you give wrong informations. Check forum u will find many times this). You even think the AI should be powered (free to think that, but this is a crazy position seeing the effect they have o the map).
BUT
u have the Right in your pocket, so u can deny the entrance  to me.
Cool.

I guess this shows perfectly why the Light faction has troubles. You simply can't accept the opinion of the others. Who doesn t think like you is your enemy. And you have the courage to call me arrogant? Wow...

About farmers and fighters, it is not me who makes the spit between them.
Elsewhere others called them simcity players.
Warriors, fighters or active players are the ones who fight, you know?
The farmers are thos who don t fight. It is not me. It is what happens in the game.
If you think that who calls the things with the right name is the guilty for the things, Wow again =)
Anyway, if u read closely what i wrote ididn t say that farmers have no right to be represented, i told that it should not be possible that farmers have a huge greater representativity than fighters. That is unfair. I think all can agree on it. I personally believe that are the active players (the warriors, the fighters, as u want to call them ) who should be more aided in the game and not the farmers, but as u said bith enjoy the game. But no side must stomp the other. I am for balancing, you are for denying the access.
You are the guy who looks the finger instead to watch the Moon

I think that the HC should be represented by many souls, and not only with your closed mind way to think. And i think that Grey Guard has the right to have some members, like RG has 7 if i don t wrong. Keep your number, maybe change the persons picking the more active ones. But we should be there too. I don t mind to choose your members for you, don't do it for us.
Back to top Go down
tonio21

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:39 am

Hey all

It will be nice to be in the HC , but honestly my english is too bad , i am on the forum every days but i dont post because it ask me too much time to do it well
I dont think you need me in HC , i ll be useless

Ulfriden is most active on the forum and have lot of ideas and suggestions
i ll be proud to see him in HC

To Metalsiagon :

Why Ulfriden divide the faction ? Because he tried to balance the game , when darkies lost 3 hexs by cycle , some guys just want the easy aether and dont care about darkies stop played because the game was unfair , for that faction start to insult him every day and keep doing it , they just troublemakers , they are cowards because they just complained on faction chat not on global
Now faction push on him because we figth on North , like i said its just for make troubles
He have all my support for what he do last war , he show us he have bigballs and i think Darkies can thanks him for what he do .

The forum and the game are 2 different things i think , its unfair to dont accept him in HC only because he s not your friend ingame.

Edit : Also Ulfriden have a big mouth Smile
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 am

I agree with Ulf in certain points about fighters and sim city players.

First I agree that more warriors should be able to access the council not because they have good rankings or change things in the map, is because that mean that they are very active, that mean that they pvp and have pvp experience very valuable to balance units races, and that mean that they fight a lot so they know how things are going in battle, is a race is OP some units are OP or are too weak, what units are more effective than others, some game mechanics that most people don´t know (a good example of this is that the hit chance depended on opponent melee too and the true ranged/arty reaction, what is LOC and Shivering etc.).

By the way sim city players don´t play so much and they won´t be able to observe important things in the game that need to be changed or fixed

Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 am

Ulfriden just PM Fyrr and you should be added to High Council. I do not see any problem here. However problem is that this game slowly is dying.
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:14 pm

How many active players can you find in HC?
Isn't it too low?
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Why all the players wanna go in HC... The main problem is our number of players.

(By the way this game can be awesome with all the suggestions done, but that's very lot of work i guess...)
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:22 pm

I'm the leader of a top 5 dark guild, sign me up or I'll hurt myself!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:55 pm

You can see the members of hc on forum if you check groups. But from my pov, HC is functioning very well right now! You may think its not the case because some stuff doesnt gets done. Dont forget devs are also working on KA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The High Council - history and requirements   The High Council - history and requirements I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The High Council - history and requirements
Page 1 of 1