Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are the AP costs of mercs too high?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dave2069

Are the AP costs of mercs too high? Empty
PostSubject: Are the AP costs of mercs too high?   Are the AP costs of mercs too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I have been playing around with cave giants lately, and have come to the conclusion that the AP costs are way too high for their strength.

a lvl 5 cave giant costs more in AP than my godlike lvl 12 HI but isnt nearly as powerful. without the ability to add gear, banners, or heros they struggle to be a great useful warrior against high lvl enemies (which I always face).
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Are the AP costs of mercs too high?   Are the AP costs of mercs too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I find Mercs aren't very useful at low levels.

It is their ability that is worth all the AP, and its much more useful at higher levels.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Are the AP costs of mercs too high?   Are the AP costs of mercs too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:49 pm

XViper wrote:
I find Mercs aren't very useful at low levels.

It is their ability that is worth all the AP, and its much more useful at higher levels.
+1

Agreed 100% -- you are paying for their abilities.  Army Point costs seems pretty reasonable to me (I've tried out 5 of the 6 mercenaries).

And yes, need level 10+ mercenaries (or ones close to your overall army, or not worthwhile).

Now that my army is level 16 or so on average, the level 10 mercenaries I can use not so useful anymore.  They were useful when my army was level 12 or so.

Summary: Overall pretty balanced (but have to be close to your army level to be useful) ... though I would not object to a 5% to 10% or so improvement in Mercenaries to make them a bit more "special".

Right now I think they are just a little bit too bland, and not quite good enough for their uniqueness.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Are the AP costs of mercs too high?   Are the AP costs of mercs too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:57 pm

Right now due to the fact that region upgrades are so insanely expensive, Mercs that can be bought with gold rarely are due to them being too low level.

Mercs at level 10 are purchased with gems, but then as Joyce has pointed out, even they soon become 'not as useful' quite quickly. As you can't go above level 10 with Gems, I think my Mercs are soon going to become obsolete and won't be renewed as well.

I half expect the game will be over before anyone upgrades their Mercenary hex to above level 10 Mercs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the AP costs of mercs too high?   Are the AP costs of mercs too high? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are the AP costs of mercs too high?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: