Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ysosad
The Restless

CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe) Empty
PostSubject: CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)   CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 7:10 am

Hey everyone,

TL;DR: Bonus is good, let's stop being mean to Rune. Yes, there may be room for improvement, let's discuss that constructively.
Idea 1: A faction can donate resources to offset what noncombatants in their faction generated, thus removing them from the CP bonus calculation...or not and their portion of the calculation remains unchanged.
Idea 2: Random selection of CP bonus type, with one bonus being the current one and the other only using combatants in the calculation.
Thoughts?

I'm going to start this all by saying that I think the CP bonus is an incredible improvement over what was there before. I also realize that many people are still frustrated and I think that is what is being seen on the forums as of late...and not really how people feel about how the devs have tried to improve the bonus.

Nonetheless, there have been suggestions on how to make the CP bonus a bit...better...if you will. The main one is to only count combatants in the CP bonus calculation. It looks just fine at first, except that noncombatants can/do help their Faction (so they should not be discounted) and it could be exploited, intentionally or otherwise, by players deciding not to fight.

I think that those concerns are valid, despite how I have seemingly contradicted myself in my last posts regarding those matters.don't judge me!

Still, I think that the idea has merit as well...and so I was thinking about a compromise...and came up with two possibilities. It is these two items that I'd like to primarily discuss and I'm hoping for comments from Darks, Lights, and Devs alike.

Idea 1:
As previously mentioned, noncombatants do contribute to their Faction. The counter to that is that it is minimal, which in turn is countered by that being a subjective appraisal.

So, noncombatants are counted because they benefit their Faction through resource production...so, what if a Faction voluntarily negated that contribution?

That is, if the collective noncombatants contributions were 100K/resource. What if the Faction donated 100K/resource to a 'tax' so as to offset that contribution so that noncombatants were taken out of the equation?

It would be unreasonable for many people to 'rest' as the Faction would incur increasing costs...possibly to the point that they couldn't do so.

How the contributions are valuated could be done specifically by resources gathered by noncombatants each day...but practically, I would think that each it would need to be more simplistic than that, such as a set amount per noncombatant.

This ability would be available to both Factions.

In this way, there are 4 potential CP bonus outcomes, roughly... 1) Combatants only, both Factions. 2) All active players, both Factions. 3&4) Active players for one faction, combatants only for the other.

Idea 2:
As previously mentioned, one concern is that if the bonus were only for combatants, players could exploit it by 'resting.'

However, if both bonus types existed and each day one of the two were randomly selected, this would put a great risk on resting.

If a player chooses to rest, they have lost out on what they could have produced during that day. The next day might be be calculated using all active players (the current bonus) thus COMPLETELY destroying their plan. On the other hand, it might only be based on combatants. The problem is, they still lost out on making any CPs the day prior and so they would have to do nearly double the amount of attacks they would normally do anyway to make it worthwhile for that 2-day period.

Please comment!or don't and face the consequences!
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)   CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 am

comment:

about idea1: kill all non combatants, so the problem will be resolved once forever ( i hate the farmers Very Happy but i guess u know it already)

about idea2: stimulate the darkies to fight more and more, and make some slaves amongst the lighties to increase ur number of fighters. (joking, but something similar should be nice, like charm spell, confusion spell, vampire gaze, blackmail, rape the cat and force to fight, and more )
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Re: CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)   CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:58 am

Hi,

I really think option 2 has potential. It's relatively simple and addresses the resting argument. I'd like to see this happen.'

Dren
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)   CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:49 am

ysosad wrote:
Hey everyone,

TL;DR: Bonus is good, let's stop being mean to Rune. Yes, there may be room for improvement, let's discuss that constructively.
Idea 1: A faction can donate resources to offset what noncombatants in their faction generated, thus removing them from the CP bonus calculation...or not and their portion of the calculation remains unchanged.
Idea 2: Random selection of CP bonus type, with one bonus being the current one and the other only using combatants in the calculation.
Thoughts?

I'm going to start this all by saying that I think the CP bonus is an incredible improvement over what was there before. I also realize that many people are still frustrated and I think that is what is being seen on the forums as of late...and not really how people feel about how the devs have tried to improve the bonus.

Nonetheless, there have been suggestions on how to make the CP bonus a bit...better...if you will. The main one is to only count combatants in the CP bonus calculation. It looks just fine at first, except that noncombatants can/do help their Faction (so they should not be discounted) and it could be exploited, intentionally or otherwise, by players deciding not to fight.

I think that those concerns are valid, despite how I have seemingly contradicted myself in my last posts regarding those matters.don't judge me!

Still, I think that the idea has merit as well...and so I was thinking about a compromise...and came up with two possibilities. It is these two items that I'd like to primarily discuss and I'm hoping for comments from Darks, Lights, and Devs alike.

Idea 1:
As previously mentioned, noncombatants do contribute to their Faction. The counter to that is that it is minimal, which in turn is countered by that being a subjective appraisal.

So, noncombatants are counted because they benefit their Faction through resource production...so, what if a Faction voluntarily negated that contribution?

That is, if the collective noncombatants contributions were 100K/resource. What if the Faction donated 100K/resource to a 'tax' so as to offset that contribution so that noncombatants were taken out of the equation?

It would be unreasonable for many people to 'rest' as the Faction would incur increasing costs...possibly to the point that they couldn't do so.

How the contributions are valuated could be done specifically by resources gathered by noncombatants each day...but practically, I would think that each it would need to be more simplistic than that, such as a set amount per noncombatant.

This ability would be available to both Factions.

In this way, there are 4 potential CP bonus outcomes, roughly... 1) Combatants only, both Factions. 2) All active players, both Factions. 3&4) Active players for one faction, combatants only for the other.

Idea 2:
As previously mentioned, one concern is that if the bonus were only for combatants, players could exploit it by 'resting.'

However, if both bonus types existed and each day one of the two were randomly selected, this would put a great risk on resting.

If a player chooses to rest, they have lost out on what they could have produced during that day. The next day might be be calculated using all active players (the current bonus) thus COMPLETELY destroying their plan. On the other hand, it might only be based on combatants. The problem is, they still lost out on making any CPs the day prior and so they would have to do nearly double the amount of attacks they would normally do anyway to make it worthwhile for that 2-day period.

Please comment!or don't and face the consequences!

I think both ideas have great potential. But we can continue to talk about these things till the end of days. If the devs aren't ready to do something or don't find it necessary to change anything because they once again are the ones that have seen the light, then its pointless.

We need to know if the devs think the current cp bonus is working? I'm guessing they would say yes, its oh so fantastic. Then we can all counter by saying yes..its the best we have had so far, but a couple of months to late and we are back to square one, nothing has really changed. The failure to act in time has created a problem that has nullified the better designed cp bonus. The devs won't tamper with the population issue, no new advertising is being planned. All we can do is hope for a miracle to happen and keep grinding away.

Try to make the factions more balanced when it comes to players joining either side, can't be that hard to do. When I picked orc, I'd say it was 50/50 picking sides. If a message had come up saying the Darks were outnumbering the Lighties, please join the Light Faction, I would have done that, that's what I do in a FPS or any other game!?

But + 1 for this post Ysosad!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)   CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CP Bonus Discussion (my next topic will be about something else...maybe)
Page 1 of 1