Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upgrading fragments!

Go down 
+3
Fyrr
Bobba
Boboknack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Boboknack

Boboknack

Upgrading fragments! Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:16 am

"My" Vice-leader Enigmadark made an excellent suggestion yesterday I think. He suggested that by gathering about 10 common frags a player could craft them into an uncommon frag.

I like this idea very much. I've got a huge stash of common frags, that I can't seem the sell, and using it to craft gear is simply to time consuming(I've got enough uncommons). Common frags have simply lost its value as a currency(the same with common gear).

Example:

10 common frags= 1 uncommon

15-20 uncommon frags= 1 rare

Crafting rares and epics into something better should not be an option!

What do you guys think about that?
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:27 am

Boboknack wrote:
"My" Vice-leader Enigmadark made an excellent suggestion yesterday I think. He suggested that by gathering about 10 common frags a player could craft them into an uncommon frag.

I like this idea very much. I've got a huge stash of common frags, that I can't seem the sell, and using it to craft gear is simply to time consuming(I've got enough uncommons). Common frags have simply lost its value as a currency(the same with common gear).

Example:

10 common frags= 1 uncommon

15-20 uncommon frags= 1 rare

Fragment transmutation into higher quality has been an idea for a long time. But there's so many things which are more important than it that it's not really worth worrying about right now.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:32 am

Bobba wrote:
Boboknack wrote:

Fragment transmutation into higher quality has been an idea for a long time. But there's so many things which are more important than it that it's not really worth worrying about right now.

I actually went over forum to read random threads, heh =)

Not allowing to get rid of rares isn't such a good idea.. Who uses rares a lot in the endgame?  scratch Also there might be a chance to fail while trying to transmutate. 

Anyway.. some history:

From a year ago, totally similar: http://www.battleconforum.com/t486-fragments-convertions

Random thread, one of the many: http://www.battleconforum.com/t1174-transmutation

From dev plans (number 6): http://www.battleconforum.com/t1072-incoming-changes-and-new-features
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am

Fyrr wrote:
Bobba wrote:
Boboknack wrote:

I actually went over forum to read random threads, heh =)

Not allowing to get rid of rares isn't such a good idea.. Who uses rares a lot in the endgame?  scratch Also there might be a chance to fail while trying to transmutate. 

Anyway.. some history:

From a year ago, totally similar: http://www.battleconforum.com/t486-fragments-convertions

Random thread, one of the many: http://www.battleconforum.com/t1174-transmutation

From dev plans (number 6): http://www.battleconforum.com/t1072-incoming-changes-and-new-features

ok I didn't check that. Everyone is right, more pressing matters at hand, but only a suggestion and a good one I think. I use rares a lot, I don't PvP and epics and gl's drop seldom for me. I just think that rares and epics would lose value if one would be able to upgrade them. Upgrading commons and uncommons would be beneficial for new players, gathering loot and getting better gear at a faster rate et cetera(more PvP players maybe - more in coop queue?). Besides the auction house have been a pain in the neck for me, its hard to sell stuff and buying the things one needs, I'd like to see a lot more activity there, as making good deal in the A-H brings great pleasure and it helps the community feeling.(Again benefitting the new players wanting them to stay!)
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:41 am

One of the reasons the AH ain't much to look for, is the guild vault. Guilds trade with eachother or give their members stuff via the guild vault. So, most activity will never be in the AH.

As for the idea of transmutation, excellent ! But then with each rarity, none excluded  !  Players in endgame do not need the lesser frags, but would like more epics/gl's.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:05 am

Johntheright wrote:
One of the reasons the AH ain't much to look for, is the guild vault. Guilds trade with eachother or give their members stuff via the guild vault. So, most activity will never be in the AH.

As for the idea of transmutation, excellent ! But then with each rarity, none excluded  !  Players in endgame do not need the lesser frags, but would like more epics/gl's.

True, but any increase in auction house activity is welcomed. I thin we can all agree on that.

The reason why I don't think rares and epics should be able to be transmuted is that. it would probably affect people buying boost packs(gems purchase), thus affecting game income, doubt that the devs like that. By transmuting common and uncommons the game caters to the new players or players that don't play that much in the beginning. I think the game needs that!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:55 pm

ahh, the elusive "transmutation"... the keyword here is "soon"
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:17 pm

One of the features I was looking forward to the most when it was announced.
Where it disappeared to..... noone knows.
Back to top Go down
Damastas

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:16 am

Also a suggestion, so that this doesn't kill the market, is make it a CHANCE to combine frags. Much like the chance to mix frags at the moment, and research can increase the chance to combine.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 am

Damastas wrote:
Also a suggestion, so that this doesn't kill the market, is make it a CHANCE to combine frags.  Much like the chance to mix frags at the moment, and research can increase the chance to combine.

Thoughts?

I like that!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading fragments!   Upgrading fragments! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrading fragments!
Page 1 of 1