Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tops

What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? Empty
PostSubject: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:54 am

I'm just kind of curious, why would anyone ever upgrade a market past 18? What's even the point of having levels past 18?

It offers absolutely no benefits to anyone. Maybe each market level should allow an additional 500 resources to be sold at once, or one additional item to be sold at once, I dunno. But having 7 useless market levels seems odd.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 12:19 pm

Tops wrote:
I'm just kind of curious, why would anyone ever upgrade a market past 18? What's even the point of having levels past 18?

It offers absolutely no benefits to anyone. Maybe each market level should allow an additional 500 resources to be sold at once, or one additional item to be sold at once, I dunno. But having 7 useless market levels seems odd.

For the fame. That's really the only reason, as far as I know.

As for improving the market I've already suggested making the number of market slots increase periodically in a pattern similar to when you unlock extra heroes by upgrading the hero monument (as opposed to increasing the research). It was well received but the devs probably don't have time to worry about it until they clear a lot of other things off their plate. And someone else mentioned a permanent bonus for any building reaching level 25. Both could be effective ways to give upgrading the market a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 3:50 am

perhaps its also to be able to upgrade gold-mine...

cose i recognized that we need sometimes to upgrade the market first in order to be able to upgrade the gold-mine

but jah its pretty useless (both goldmine and market)
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Actually no, Stein. I've had all my resource buildings maxed out for quite a while now, I don't remember what the highest level they required was but it was definitely either at or lower than level 18 (seeing how my market is at 18 and they're all maxed)
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:16 pm

http://www.battleconforum.com/t1851-making-buildings-more-useful-part-1-the-market

Since Bobba is apparently too modest Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:56 pm

LSLarry wrote:
http://www.battleconforum.com/t1851-making-buildings-more-useful-part-1-the-market

Since Bobba is apparently too modest Smile

Thanks, actually it was more laziness, tee hee. tongue 

I still want to make a part 2 (and beyond) to that someday, but there's really no point until devs have time to deal with part 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?   What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the point of upgrading a Market past 18?
Page 1 of 1