Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Test Server

Go down 
+2
tonio21
Fyrr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:27 am

Since many people seem to wonder what the hell is that test server, and creating rumors about it...  I decided to post this to hopefully provide more information. [yes yes, a wall of text.. and one link somewhere in it]

1. What is the test server?

It's basically another server where devs sometimes upload certain updates to be checked by players (because not all updates should be released directly to the live game... no one wants the game to suddenly become full of bugs).
It was originally created to test racial balance by letting players pvp each other and test out different changes. Later the merge happened and this server was abandoned for a while.. until devs wanted to introduce gear sets.

2. What's happening there?

Players load a link (different tiers and races.. for example a human T2 link) at certain times, getting into their city..
It's pretty much the same as the live server, just with some new stuff. Testers read forum to see the changes and they play around.. sometimes doing battles to check battle related things, sometimes messing with gear... Preferably posts his impressions in the forums. Finally devs release the tweaked update to the live server.

3. Why not everyone can access it / why I wasn't invited?

At first it was all about pvps so a limited number of veteran pvpers were invited or volunteered. As it requires good knowledge of the game mechanics, new players or those who don't pvp much or well, aren't considered. Same goes for those who never post anything as they don't provide any feedback, which test server is all about.

4. When is it open?

Access Times (UTC/GMT/servertime): (01:00 - 04:00), (06:00 - 09:00), (18:00 - 23:00).
Unless you want to play the darts game.. then anytime when the server is closed. Very Happy 

5. How to access it?

You need a link.

--some people from earlier testing should have their own links (and access to test subforum..), if not - let me know.

--a few people got access to the test subforum recently but they don't have their own links. I have a few more free links, and tried to inform everyone... let me know if you still don't have one.

--others... If you feel you're a good player, are free at some times mentioned above and able to write useful comments about updates, you might get one of those free links (after actually checking forum contributions and perhaps pvp experience, or asking a few questions). To request a link you can PM me in forum, post here, mail me in game (or use kongregate chat..).

When requesting a link, please say which race you'd prefer (or wouldn't want) to play. There's 1-2 links for each race, except none for demons.

--if you're just curious how it works, but don't want to be responsible for the link, here's a public link. Use it knowing that you can be disconnected randomly at any time if anyone else clicks it.
(last digit 1-4 identifies the tier that link belongs to. To reach other tiers just change the last digit in link.. less chance to disconnect then). The race is DL (legion). Possible to try out dark cannons in higher tiers.

http://battleconquest.com:3435/ptr/hcs76s1le24.php

If the links don't work (hangs at 100% loading or such), clear the browser cache, BC cookies and other BC files, refresh.. and it should work.

6. Link usage guidelines

Link is personal, organizators know which link belonged to whom, and the owners are responsible for any spamming or trolling in pvps or such things.

People are welcome to post in test subforum or at least talk to someone about their experience.

You can share the link with some people whom you trust, provided only one person tries to use the link at any given time and identifies himself in chat if doing battles or talking. Trading your link for in-game resources or items is foolish.
And why use someone's link if you can get your own ^^

Exclamation Reminder.. again.... If someone loads the same link which is already active, the 1st person who uses it is automatically disconnected.. that's why there are many links and not only one for everyone. If you shared a link and got disconnected because someone decided to check it, don't complain.  Exclamation
Back to top Go down
tonio21

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 am

It was long to read all and try to understand
but thx for the infos and the job you do
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:26 am

You said we can post here if anyone is interested.....Well I'm posting.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Just wanted to mention that I think you got really big balls Fyrr!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Fyrr,

I followed the link and have been playing for about an hour already(thk God that someone didn't try to do it too. I have decided that I would love to be a part of this operation.

Preferences: Elves.
Great Dislikes: Humans and Orcs.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Gimli wrote:
Fyrr,

I followed the link and have been playing for about an hour already(thk God that someone didn't try to do it too. I have decided that I would love to be a part of this operation.

Preferences: Elves.
Great Dislikes: Humans and Orcs.

Thanks,

Oh if you've played with that.. you should already have some feedback. Post it here or in mail and we'll see. ^^
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I tested it via the link you had posted and seemed to have found a bug :
I selected solo , then difficulty mode and when it was time to select the army , I slected these 4 units:http://prntscr.com/3usktm
Then I clicked on cross to reset that army set and again selected the four units 
http://prntscr.com/3usky7
this time however , the numbering started from 5 -8.
Also , didnt some dev mention that we would be able to name the army sets?

Last edited by Pulkit on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Sorta the same thing happened to me. Every time I went in for Nightmare there was already an army selected. If it is supposed to be like that and auto-select the last army you played with then it doesn't work because it selected all the HI and 3  LI.

Also there was a problem with the boost packs and the xp packages that you can buy for the units. When I select the boost pack where you buy it with the gems it is faded like if you buy resources and you're WH is full, you can't buy it.
http://prntscr.com/3uywoj

I also found a way to quicken the Gold Chest process. You buy the Chest and as soon as you see the Chest appear you can click on the Silver Chest's gem amount. Then the chest disappears and you have the items.

And if I may ask: Why can't you research any techs? All my techs are faded(not researched). Commercial and Military. I wanted to research Basic Armorsmithing and when I clicked on it to research it said I couldn't research it.
http://prntscr.com/3uywu8

I would like to say that the auto-Heal feature is AWESOME. TO be able to do back to back battles and not struggling with the trouble of healing is very cool and I think that you can definitely put it in the Live Game as a premium.

Also I can't seem to add extra barracks slots. The feature is there to do it but it won't let me.

Thanks, I will post more feedback as soon as I can.

Last edited by Gimli on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Pulkit wrote:
I selected solo , then difficulty mode and when it was time to select the army , I slected these 4 units..Then I clicked on cross to reset that army set and again selected the four units ... the numbering started from 5 -8.
Hm, I somehow can't replicate it.. were there 4 hi or cavs selected earlier, have you checked? Though there was some mention of reset/save not working properly sometimes. Test it more Smile
Pulkit wrote:
Also , didnt some dev mention that we would be able to name the army sets?
perhaps a while ago but I don't see any place where such things would fit.. with current design at least.

Gimli wrote:
Sorta the same thing happened to me. Every time I went in for Nightmare there was already an army selected. If it is supposed to be like that and auto-select the last army you played with then it doesn't work because it selected all the HI and 3  LI.
It should select the 1st formation, no matter which one was played the last. Is it annoying?

Gimli wrote:
Also there was a problem with the boost packs and the xp packages that you can buy for the units. Why can't you research any techs? All my techs are faded(not researched).
Some features here are disabled.. Not sure why techs are disabled.
About exp - you can't get exp on test server.. since we have links with certain level units, it'd be bad if one link could level up to the next tier, at least that's my best guess.

Gimli wrote:
I would like to say that the auto-Heal feature is AWESOME. TO be able to do back to back battles and not struggling with the trouble of healing is very cool and I think that you can definitely put it in the Live Game as a premium.
Hm. Well HC asked for something slightly different - having to still wait the time.. since this autoheal is a bit too p2w. Also its cost is a bit high to be used all the time for the amount of minutes given. I horribly complained about it to Rune.. but now came to almost like it (with a cheaper autoheal which doesn't cut the time). On test server it's amazing since we have many gems, but on live..? Unless when needed only infrequently.

Any thoughts about having both such an instant option and the one where autoheal clicks healing button for you, without going to barracks?
Back to top Go down

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:55 am

One little note from me:
When testing on the testserver, the units should have levels like they are from an "real" player. In my eyes it doesn't make much sense, if every unit has level 17 (like it is there atm). I dont think, that one player has all of his units at the same level.
Wouldn't it be better to mirror the testplayers whole armies, with gear/heroes?
Especially for PVE/PVP testing?

Just my first thought.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Fyrr,

On the test server Auto Heal isn't needed because I just followed the link again and began playing. I didn't buy Auto Heal and then I went into solo Insane, When I finished my army was already healed.

http://prntscr.com/3va2hz

If I am correct, when Auto Heal is running then the gears move. Here they don't move.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:32 am

I just noticed it but:

The last number of the link ( 21,22,23,24 etc.) gives the Tier in witch you are placed right? I can't seem to adjust that number for T5.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:17 am

its 20 , 21 , 22 , 23 , 24( i think)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 pm

9999 wrote:
In my eyes it doesn't make much sense, if every unit has level 17 (like it is there atm). I dont think, that one player has all of his units at the same level.
Wouldn't it be better to mirror the testplayers whole armies, with gear/heroes?
Mirroring is too much work, and too much variability, if we add level differences, with same level at least the GS is the same and no level stat differences. Gear randomness here is weird though. Well devs did it like that, we're supposed to just play.

Gimli wrote:
I just noticed it but:

The last number of the link ( 21,22,23,24 etc.) gives the Tier in witch you are placed right? I can't seem to adjust that number for T5.

Only these four. And t5 is accessible when you use t4 link, and go inq at over 2.2k(ish) AP without heroes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Test Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Test Server   The Test Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Test Server
Page 1 of 1