Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heads up people! (Teasers)

Go down 
+18
Scaren
ysosad
Zep
Mazzrah
Gimli
Dahk
Juggernaut
Pulkit
blavbla1
Boboknack
venumuse
Bobba
Fyrr
Bblazer
LSLarry
Tibr
RuneSlayer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:57 pm

There will be several races/units from which the player can choose to recruit and create an army for the next battle... Wink
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Btw.. if this is a totally unrelated game... BC players will get no headstart whatsoever?
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 3:09 pm

We know about it Surprised
Others dont, yet, much.
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Fyrr players don't need a head start in a brand new game. That's like saying every fan that played Diablo 2 or Call of duty and got master prestige deserves some kind of head start in the next game of the series. RuneSlayer has already said this game is completely different than the first. People pay money for a game. The game does not last forever. A game typically lasts about a year if it's really good sometimes less. This game has already reached its 1 year mark. And the dev's have already said that they will continue to work on this game even though they have created another. Not many developers will do that. Of course many of us will abandon BC1 for the new kingdoms age, but a handicap is not needed. I understand many players spent hundreds of dollars on this game. They did it because they support the devs and they want the in game bonus. If players who spent a lot of money on BC1 got a head start on Kingdoms Age, then the game would be pay to win rather than just let everyone have a equally fair chance.

Of course I do would love a head start in the new game. If I could the best way for a fair start would be to give BC1 players a full 24 hours on the game before the outside world gets to pretty much like beta access before launch. But giving any other benefits is not needed. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for arguing with you Fyrr  I love you I love you I love you 
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 3:42 pm

venumuse wrote:
Fyrr players don't need a head start in a brand new game. ...If players who spent a lot of money on BC1 got a head start on Kingdoms Age, then the game would be pay to win rather than just let everyone have a equally fair chance. 

i wasn't implying we need a headstart (or only paying players need, meh), just we have rumors both ways. (sorry i asked? :p)
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm

I agree that a head-start is very unnecessary, especially for a game unlike Battle Conquest. There's actually something quite fun about just starting a game with a bunch of other people who just started the game (Like when the Olympus server first opened up. I think that was the most fun I ever had on Battle Conquest minus the really OP skellies). There were so many people to pvp since everyone was around my level.  Very Happy 

That said, I do hope that there is a somewhat sizable number of people beta testing this next game... If there are balance problems, you'll really want those dealt with BEFORE getting everyone used to the broken mechanics. I think a lot of people will be quite unforgiving if the balance is off as much as Battle Conquest was when it was released (or even, how much it is now with gear and levels). Plus, changing mechanics a lot when the game first comes out will confuse people and not give time for any kind of meta-game to develop, causing people to leave. Most importantly, I hope PvP is a lot of fun.  Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:42 am

Sunday's Teaser T-8 days!

Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 Teaser12
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:03 am

Does the sky move?  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:17 am

Bobba wrote:
Does the sky move?  Razz 

Most likely a stalemate between the cold and warm weather front, let's hope wind shifts will take place in this game.....ohohoh! lol! 
Back to top Go down
blavbla1

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:32 am

Looks a lot like Mount&Blade Warband, I loved that game but the unit controls were horrible and the main story line was boring without mods. If it would be like that game with all the factions controlled by other players it would be great!  king Kingdoms Age, I like it!
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:40 am

blavbla1 wrote:
Looks a lot like Mount&Blade Warband, I loved that game but the unit controls were horrible and the main story line was boring without mods. If it would be like that game with all the factions controlled by other players it would be great!  king Kingdoms Age, I like it!

If this game could be like "Mount & Blade" and not M & B Warband, I'd kiss the dev team(They'd also struck gold!), but if this is a flashplayer game, wouldn't that put limits on the possibilities? Could flashplayer run anything like M & B? scratch 
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:44 am

Its 3D, that excludes flash already when you look at the screenshots. It is likely unity.
Big question remains,

is this a browser game?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:32 am

Tibr wrote:
Its 3D, that excludes flash already when you look at the screenshots. It is likely unity.
Big question remains,

is this a browser game?

No, it won't be a browser game. Smile

As for the rest of the posts...you are getting warmer... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:28 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Tibr wrote:
Big question remains,

is this a browser game?

No, it won't be a browser game. Smile

As for the rest of the posts...you are getting warmer... Wink
Hmm could I know the size of the game?
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:09 am

For many people that don't already know. This game will be for steam. This should help answer sever of your questions about what kind of game and it's size. You are going to have to Download the game.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:39 am

venumuse wrote:
For many people that don't already know. This game will be for steam. This should help answer sever of your questions about what kind of game and it's size. You are going to have to Download the game.

Venumuse, although Steam is one of the distribution channels we are certainly considering, nothing is certain yet. Let us not spread news which we haven't confirmed yet, because that could create confusion.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:02 am

Does kingdoms age enter "open (or closed since so few know about it) beta" when the timer runs out? Or will it go along with full advertisement campaign in 7 days?
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:07 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
venumuse wrote:

Venumuse, although Steam is one of the distribution channels we are certainly considering, nothing is certain yet. Let us not spread news which we haven't confirmed yet, because that could create confusion.

I tough it was a flash game  scratch , can I know the minimal req. to play this kingdoms age? I hope my old computer can run it...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:54 am

Tibr wrote:
Does kingdoms age enter "open (or closed since so few know about it) beta" when the timer runs out? Or will it go along with full advertisement campaign in 7 days?

The game is not ready to enter closed/open beta yet. We are good...very good, but we wouldn't be able to develop Kingdoms Age with all the features we are adding in such a short period of time we are working on it. Wink

It's still too early and there are several stages before Kingdoms Age goes public. More on that in a few days...

Ulises21 wrote:
I tough it was a flash game scratch , can I know the minimal req. to play this kingdoms age? I hope my old computer can run it...

We are aiming for a 2 core CPU with a low-mid quality card as min reqs. It is making our lives more difficult, but it will allow more people to enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:37 pm

unless your playing an fps, or a simulator (i.e flight) it doesnt really matter. unless your pc is still in the Pentiums esp 2-3 .....then ya....

So in game purchases/dlcs will be off steam? gesh i hate those....
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Bblazer wrote:
unless your playing an fps, or a simulator (i.e flight) it doesnt really matter. unless your pc is still in the Pentiums esp 2-3 .....then ya....

So in game purchases/dlcs will be off steam? gesh i hate those....

RuneSlayer wrote:

venumuse wrote:

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 2:46 pm

KA being neither open nor closed beta means, when the countdown reaches zero it will become mostly admireable, but not testable yet, right? It is still amazing you three devs managed to create it parallely to BC. But without misleading promises, kingdoms age is still several months away from becoming a marketable game i assume.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 pm

So.. umm.. not beta... so more like a buggy alpha? Or we won't be able to DL and play at all when that timer reaches 0? Or ...?
Now that might be confussssssiiiiinnnng.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Monday's Teaser T-7 days!

Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 Teaser13
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Fyrr wrote:
So.. umm.. not beta... so more like a buggy alpha? Or we won't be able to DL and play at all when that timer reaches 0? Or ...?
Now that might be confussssssiiiiinnnng.

All will be revealed in 7 days.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heads up people! (Teasers)   Heads up people! (Teasers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heads up people! (Teasers)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next