Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winning on Olympus

Go down 
+6
Juggernaut
ysosad
Scaren
uflb999
Boboknack
soulthief
10 posters
AuthorMessage
soulthief

soulthief

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:58 am

For the second time our faction the Dark Side has made it to the capital on Olympus.

Again only about 4 of us had/have the ability to attack at the suicide level, therefore we were pushed back faster that the first time from the light capital.

My point is this, why should we continue to play, invest time, some of us money, and effort in a system that will never let us win? I site the rule of diminishing returns regarding fighting, and continuing to fight without being able to win.

What do we have to look forward to? All that is left on Olympus is a few regions/hexs with two guilds from the light side to fight.

ST
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 am

I agree, thought we would be able to finish the game a couple of days ago. It's bad for the community and the new players joining the game. The constant grinding gets boring after a while and people leave, there's no prize in sight. I wonder what the lighties think of this, cant be funny being pushed back with no room to move? Mad 
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Agreed and control of the map   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 am

We the dark faction has had control of the map for weeks now, what more do we have to do. The light side has only 2 hexs/ regions.

They should find a way to let the game reset, so both side get a fair shake, and we can start up again.

There has to be a win win, I personally will not invest one more penny in this game till this issue is addressed and most of all fixed. You want me to buy gems, buy premiums, pay for banners, chest, resources, lava creatures, and mercenaries ect?

Give me something to look forward to.

ST
Back to top Go down
uflb999

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 am

soulthief wrote:
We the dark faction has had control of the map for weeks now, what more do we have to do. The light side has only 2 hexs/ regions.

They should find a way to let the game reset, so both side get a fair shake, and we can start up again.

There has to be a win win, I personally will not invest one more penny in this game till this issue is addressed and most of all fixed. You want me to buy gems, buy premiums, pay for banners, chest, resources, lava creatures, and mercenaries ect?

Give me something to look forward to.

ST

They should fix this, but if not, well, then, your point is perfectly valid. Once again though, it may not come until RuneSlayer is back, and we may not get an answer until then either. Just thought you should know.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:37 pm

You could just pvp.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Scaren wrote:
You could just pvp.

You know that currently this isn't a solution. Not enough Light (or Dark) players would fight to make this a viable way to win.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm

ysosad wrote:
Scaren wrote:
You could just pvp.

You know that currently this isn't a solution. Not enough Light (or Dark) players would fight to make this a viable way to win.

I would agree that it isn't a solution but I hardly ever see anyone in the tiers or in global asking for pvps except the regular pvpers.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:21 pm

the problem here is olympus is steel a new server, and most of the players dont play or pay enought Razz to can upgrade their barracks to unlock that difficulties, and how scaren say, there are low people in olympus who want pvp, in erevost was ok because it was a old server with most players already have unlocked everything, but they should make a exception in olympus leaving players can touch the capital and near regions with lower level dificulties for the momment.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:14 pm

I think in general the whole "you can't fight on lower difficulties" thing is a bad system

There's no point in having a game based around tactical combat if you're going to give the side that couldn't keep up huge buffs.

The game should be even matched as far as the actual combat goes. Giving boosts for joining the losing faction is cool, giving the losing faction a way to fight much more effectively than the other is not. If someone loses, oh well, they lose. Games are meant to be won and lost, not forever stalemated.
Back to top Go down
uflb999

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Yeah and it makes it nearly impossible
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:24 pm

uflb999 wrote:
Yeah and it makes it nearly impossible

I think when Runeslayer comes back he will understand the player bases general idea about taking a Capital. Neither side likes this stalemate. I hope this weekend you will have enough big hitters on that the Capital will be taken. There has become no chance of any type of comeback by the lightside and we need a reset. It's bad for the lightside in the long run. Not is it only demoralizing for new light players but all the dark guilds are soaking up the guild regional bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Enough big hitters? I hope 6 players are enough Wink. Cause I doubt that more players than that can do suicide.
Back to top Go down
uflb999

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:47 am

tbh light faction on Olympus should just give up and get their Aether.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:56 am

On Erevos giving up was much easier. On Olympus there are only 5 hexes left the light can possibly attack.
This cant be intentional its the cause for a lot of frustration for all players.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Just a thought... put the two worlds back together.
Back to top Go down
uflb999

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:56 pm

What about all the gems, the resources spent, and old accounts? Its a little screwy if that happens again
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:04 pm

What needs to happen is bringing everyone in Olympus back to Erevos, then rotating between the two maps every time a capital falls.
Back to top Go down
uflb999

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm fairly sure Ferarith said it also Razz but it may have design or technical implications
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winning on Olympus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winning on Olympus   Winning on Olympus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winning on Olympus
Page 1 of 1