Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PVP between same faction

Go down 
+5
Pearl
XViper
RuneSlayer
kuba_
venumuse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
venumuse

PVP between same faction Empty
PostSubject: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Many light players at this time of day/night can not find any dark players to pvp. It is the exact opposite 12 hours from now. Is there any way we can loosen up the rules a bit to help us lighties find a pvp between each other? For the players that are not in a guild and like to play at this hour will almost never find a PvP match and the rules are almost forcing them to join a guild.

PVP between same faction Gjk45W9

I am sorry for blaming RuneSlayer on the rules of this if this was his not doing.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 pm

From what i heard it is possible to pvp between same faction. You only need to pick lights region (or dark for dark players) to be able to fight each other.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:24 am

The only priority in PvP matchmaking is time, which means that the algorithm will always choose the player who has come first in the PvP queue. Obviously the Tier rules apply.

To make a long story short:

1. Choosing to do PvP in one of your Faction's Regions will eventually put you against either a player of your own Faction or the enemy Faction.

2. Choosing to do PvP in one of the enemy Faction's Regions will only put you against a player of the other Faction.

3. Influence can only be gained if a Region has the relevant Guild Command on it. In all other cases only CPs are acquired.

Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 am

I had no idea about number 1!!!
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:38 am

But to clarify. A player not in a guild that is attacking a region of the same faction can trigger a pvp with a player of the same faction?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:07 am

venumuse wrote:
But to clarify. A player not in a guild that is attacking a region of the same faction can trigger a pvp with a player of the same faction?
That is correct. You met in the battlefield and for some reason there was a dispute. You decide to show him/her why he/she made a mistake by crossing his/her path with yours... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
You met in the battlefield and for some reason there was a dispute. You decide to show him/her why he/she made a mistake by crossing his/her path with yours... Wink
Your dispute resolution mechanism is rather .... violent ...

Why can't we all just get along? Shocked

... or ... you know ... talk first ... to see if the dispute is resolvable ... before going to war?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:14 am

Joyce wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
You met in the battlefield and for some reason there was a dispute. You decide to show him/her why he/she made a mistake by crossing his/her path with yours... Wink
Your dispute resolution mechanism is rather .... violent ...

Why can't we all just get along? Shocked

... or ... you know ... talk first ... to see if the dispute is resolvable ... before going to war?
Well..because simply talking takes a lot longer than fighting.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:44 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Well..because simply talking takes a lot longer than fighting.. Wink
Thanks -- we now have your words on record! Basketball 
... Everything you say, can & will be used against you ...

PVP between same faction Lqln2reF4zWB-ofxEhWVMI9xauQA7F_n--bV7Gs2mEhlHYJkwgoS8DpAsIL6HXp39LN4GP2EX99QrSfVipWcnUKgtaNWMZWyUEc1qIOPOtAW4GNQFg9gR_AO1g
Joy here is plotting to blame Runeslayer for her own actions of going to war with everyone!1

1Note to the humour impaired: Kidding of course! Rolling Eyes ... everyone knows I will talk forever, if people are patient and long suffering enough to listen! Shocked
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 am

And who said I am against it? I doubt Prism has the power to take the rest of the Guilds by itself though.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 pm

TIME TO DIE, JOYCE!
Back to top Go down
Ala

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:46 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
venumuse wrote:
That is correct. You met in the battlefield and for some reason there was a dispute. You decide to show him/her why he/she made a mistake by crossing his/her path with yours... Wink
That is...hmm,how to phrase it...not correct. I tested it, i can't pvp darkies guildless. Please fix it, bc without pvp it is so much less fun (and no, i won't fight lighties, bc they seem to be...just not where the pvp is. Dunno where they are though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 am

Ala wrote:
i can't pvp darkies guildless.
The Release Notes of December 4th, 2013:

Quote :
Guild Warfare PvP is now triggered when a player is in a guild and chooses PvP on a region owned by his faction. Choosing PvP on a region occupied by the enemy faction will only match against players from the enemy faction
"when a player is in a guild".
Back to top Go down
Ala

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:03 pm

So the guildless players are officially excluded from actually playing the game? Cool.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Joy, Rune just confirmed to Venu, that a guildless person could pvp both lighties and darkies. So, interesting to see if that was a wrong statement or some people have some kind of a bug...
Back to top Go down
Ala

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:14 pm

The fix was made later than Rune's post.

So from now on, when my army meets another darkies army and for some reason we have a dispute I'll just decide to show him/her why he/she made a mistake by crossing his/her path with mine...by turning around and running away with my hands up in the air and screaming and cryin as loud as i can!
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Ala wrote:
So the guildless players are officially excluded from actually playing the game? Cool.
No, I don't think so.

Johntheright wrote:
Joy, Rune just confirmed to Venu, that a guildless person could pvp both lighties and darkies. So, interesting to see if that was a wrong statement or some people have some kind of a bug...
I'm a little confused myself; though I think the intent is for guildless members to be able to PvP each other.

And I am NOT leaving Prism for three days to test this -- normally I am happy to test any bug.  But since I can't have a second account, and don't want to leave Prism for three days, I can't test this1 Sad<--- *Picture of Joy the Sad since she can't test a rumored bug*.

Ala wrote:
The fix was made later than Rune's post.

So from now on, when my army meets another darkies army and for some reason we have a dispute I'll just decide to show him/her why he/she made a mistake by crossing his/her path with mine...by turning around and running away with my hands up in the air and screaming and cryin as loud as i can!
Want to join the screaming & crying as loud as you can club? ... we could have tons of fun roleplaying Cool 

1Yes, for the second2 time only, Joy is officially whining3 on the forums!
2Joy's first & till now only official Whine was about losing our mail:
Joyce wrote:
... For the first time, ever, Joyce will now officially whine on the forums!
3Not counting teasing whines like: Dark Army keeps attacking #50 & we want 100,000 rent (which was just me being plain silly for fun)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Ala wrote:
That is not correct. A player who is not a member of a Guild can still PvP, just not against players from his own Faction. PvP against players from the same Faction is called Guild Warfare for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Ala

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Lighties aren't pvping that much darkies are.

When prestige comes alive i will be able to gain 1/5 of the possible amount. Not funny.

And by the way it is not called Guild warfare pvp. It is called "pvp". Only you call it Guild warfare pvp, but for us, players, it is just playing against each other.

Please, let me play against other players. That's why i am still playing this game.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Runeslayer earlier said:

RuneSlayer wrote:
venumuse wrote:
That is correct.
I think people got confused from those two sentences to think you can PvP in same faction without being in a guild.

RuneSlayer wrote:
Ala wrote:
That is not correct. A player who is not a member of a Guild can still PvP, just not against players from his own Faction. PvP against players from the same Faction is called Guild Warfare for a reason.
Thanks for the clarification Smile

Ala wrote:
Please, let me play against other players. That's why i am still playing this game.
I agree with Ala. +1. It silly for Ala to make a one person guild (quite easy) so as to be able to do guild warfare.

My understanding is that:
  1. previously the guild warfare had to be on the same region & the guilds at war (which makes roleplaying sense); (not sure on this was very hard to confirm)
  2. And that now, its just as long as the two members are in a guild & attack any region (even if not at war)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Joyce wrote:

My understanding is that:

1. previously the guild warfare had to be on the same region & the guilds at war (which makes roleplaying sense); (not sure on this was very hard to confirm)
  2. And that now, its just as long as the two members are in a guild & attack any region (even if not at war)
long time ago it used coop queue and so on, was horrible, and being at war just helped to not end up in a coop. After the pvp/coop queues got separated, it just needed to not have alliance/nap (later trading?) to initiate such pvps. The only thing that changed recently is instead of queuing up from every region now you need to queue up from your faction's region if you wish to gw pvp. Soooo it's almost the same, just slightly more bothersome.
unless you're talking about that short-lived bug which prevented people from pvping at all... scratch 

and in every case the guildless people can't pvp...

I'd very much want to see pvp having less restrictions, hell, even alliances not counting ;p, being able to team up with a lightie vs darkies and so on, or choosing to team up with AI against 2 players (and not ending up in a 1v1 instead)... All to make pvping more interesting. AND being able to pvp same faction without being in a guild, and being able to pvp guildmates.
(cough, joyce, create a hc thingy about it?)
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

First, thanks for the explanation Fyrr, very helpful Smile

Fyrr wrote:
(cough, joyce, create a hc thingy about it?)
Second, you create a post please ... I've already created too many! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVP between same faction   PVP between same faction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PVP between same faction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: