Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes

Go down 
+6
turtle
Tibr
Ellthune
Dracus_Dakkrius
Claudandus
Bonezz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonezz

Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes Empty
PostSubject: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 am

I was going to post this in the 'high council' but I wasn't selected to be a part of that (guess a top 40 player has less say than a guild leader of a tiny 4 person guild =D But, leaving off that. Here is a number of things that need to be corrected, placed in no specific order but that of which I thought of them.

It's a long list....
Exclamation  TLDR without reasons behind points at the bottom.
Exclamation 
1) make an 'unassign all heroes' button so we can take all the heroes off and rapidly switch from one 'battalion' to another.  With the healing times like they are I only have 2-5 minutes to fully heal my troops (not heroes, which is another matter). which leaves me in the annoying place of spending a 2 minutes freeing heroes from one group to put them on the other group--half the time by the time this is done (due to slow loading times-another issue) my first group's units are all healed up.  This means that I pretty much only battle with the exact same troops every time, be it coop or NM.
2)Same as above, but with equipment: Note, that makin a single button capable of doing either would actually put fewer requests on the server and speed up overall response time (and carpal tunnel of clicking)
3)Fleeing THROUGH units and immediately flanking them... this is just, incredibly frustrating. I'll swarm a dwarf HI with 3 units, it'll flee, run through my units like they're not there, and rally on the opposite side to no longer be flanking. This is worse when there's still a unit in front of my first one, as now the enemy gets to flank -MY- troops instead.  Doesn't make sense... if it is so easy to run through an enemy unit, why can't I just do that when I'm high morale and use it to start out in a flank position?  Seriously broken game mechanic, and has been mentioned several times before.  Honestly--the current system given to the undead should apply to units in this position.  If a unit cannot flee without going through an enemy unit (only in cases with 3-4 units flanking) it should stand its ground, but lose an HP for every failed morale check (as troops throw down their weapons and are captured.... or in my case killed in order to replenish my ranks!)
4)Give us the ability to withdraw our troops from the field when they're =NOT= in melee. There are times when a match just goes terribly wrong and I want to get out but if my units are forced to wait until they get attacked IN MELEE (which leaves them open to arty/missile fire) they end up getting swarmed and killed.  Yes, this MIGHT have issues with griefers in coop/PVP.  Oh well, i'm sick of all the catering to PVP. MOST of the game's players DONT play in pvp, stop catering to mostly that aspect of the game.
5)Guild supplies should be a total pool throughout the entire guild. As it stands the back regions without special bonuses are worthless... no walls will ever be built there.  When GW2 was talked about you promised us that supplies would be the 'very important' aspect of GW.. it isn't.  People only upgrade supplies to get whatever they need to support the individual region's special/wall upgrades.
6)If you don't make supplies usable over an entire guild, you need to make the 'stored' supplies greater. Right now the storage means nothing. It takes 3 days to upgrade a supply (at higher levels) so thats 70ish hours, and storage caps around 200ish. So unless you're BARELY in the negative net supply production, you'll zero out (and have an upgraded structure reduced) before your ongoing supply upgrade is finished.
7)There should be wood )edit: AND STONE)resources on the GW bonus list.  I know that wood sells for less than iron and stone. But right now it's also trading HIGHER than gold.  This is a developer-forced infringment on the game's free economy.  If players assign a lower value to a single resource, so be it. Fewer people will upgrade that resource building and it will trade at a lower value. But game economics shouldn't be determined by the developers, let the players decide that.  If the guild(s) that take over the wood resource don't decide to upgrade it, so be it--but give them that choice! (also--it's better than nothing, which, right now, is what those empty back regions are giving)
8)3:1 resource cap needs to go away.... Iron is 'worth' more than stone generally, but since stone is/was trading at 3:1, iron can't go any higher than that.  It put an artificial cap on the value of something that the free economy would've seen go even higher. (yes, this was during a bad 'economic fixing' from a bad patch, but regardless--let the players/economy decide the economy, not some arbitrary amount by someone that didn't know, 6 months ago, what the economy was going to be like half a year in the future!)
9)Allow us to 'filter' searches in the ranks board--We want to be able to search by CPs, or by MVPs or check only our guild members or only our own faction.  People like being able to brag about whatever it is they excel in, let them!  Sure, it's great that I'm a top 50 'fame' player, but I want to know what my CP ranking is (since thats what matters!)  Also--add a tag for 'last logged in' or something, (and a way to ignore inactives of over a week).  I mean... has notelitten logged in the last 4 months? Yet still has a high-ish spot on the boards!
10)Give a list of the TOTAL donation BY PLAYER to a guild.  I'd like to see who has donated 5000 total resources or 500,000 total resources. That'd determine whom i'm going to feel more free with giving out random items/frags i dont want/need/am feeling generous with.  This is something all guild treasurers would love!
11) Guild vaults: There have been plenty of issues of 'sniping' in the market when guildies try and trade items/resources (*nudges Xviper eh, you can get behind me on this one, right? eh? *nudge*) We want to be able to actually trade with specific people. give us a way to do this in game!
12)COOP with specific people:I often get sick of cooping with people that are brand new... i's hard on them, it's boring for me (I tell em to hide behind me ad collect free resources so they don't die... then I rule the field) Also, sometimes I WANT to group with a newbie to show them some tactics and walk them through their first few fights.  Maybe I want to do 'chain coops' with a certain guild member when we're trying to earn MVPs or load CPs into a region quickly without waiting--whatever the reason, There are times I'd like to group with a specific person and have to play a "you queue right when I queue and lets hope to get lucky' song and dance!
13)Coop Difficulties: Not sure why this has been badmouthed by the devs so much.... make a different queue for them and it would help alleviate the "too easy for person "A" and too easy for person "B" issues with cooping now.  Make it require barracks lvl 14 (or higher, whatever) to enter to keep out the lowbies and guilds/friends twinking lower players.
14)Archers need love:  Whatever excuse you give for not doing this, I offer one retort--if they're so balanced, why are they so rarely seen?  Let's face it--unless you're an elf, everyone warns you NOT to use archers.  Their very low damage output coupled with their friendly fire threats make them largely undesirable in combat.
15)Possible ==BUG== with arrow swarms not causing all the hits they should.  I use a lot of archers--Yeah, maybe I'm biased towards them getting stronger, but I still hold that almost NO ONE (non-elf) uses them because they're sub-par.  I have 6 archers, and I focus fire single units with all 6 at once. I notice that when all my volleys hit at the same time I do not cause 6x the damage I would expect if I shot that same enemy unit with a single archer section. I'm wondering if some of the attacks are truncated out of the effect queue and overflowing into /dev/null or wherever =p  My point is, I should almost always decimate an LIA with 6 archers shooting it, but often times only deal 2-4 casualties (the same I do with a single archer shooting it)
16)Archers gain XP slower than any other unit--they do less damage, they get fewer kills. yet they require more XP than normal infantry (I can't check LIA, as I have none).  F.EX-for a LIGHT it takes 83k to reach lvl 10, it takes archers 100k. That's 20% more exp to reach the same level, and they tend to earn less XP per battle.  I'm not saying that light XP requirements should be increased, but archers should be decreased (to probably 95% of what light infantry requires)  This shouldn't cause an issue with game balance--at most a person's level would go up by 1 from what it was before. (I'm suggesting reducing the check-points for when a unit gets a level, this shouldn't affect their current total amount of XP earned) Maybe if archers level up the fastest of all units, more people would use them (if for no other reason than to try and earn access to higher level mercenaries!)
17)Special units!  We wantz dem! Where R dey!?!
18)Stat caps: These need to be readjusted with the 20-levels cap in mind.  Also, they need to have something done about overcapping stats just by leveling (EG--Undead with morale; see one of my earlier posts).  It's very annoying to have a GL banner with +25 range, when NO RACE IN THE GAME can have +25 range on their archers!  There's also an issue with high lvl players and the armor/melee caps. There are research trees that increase armor/melee by +18, yet some races cap at 40 armor. So at low levels (when you don't have godlikes) you can put them on because you don't don't have cap issues, but established players, that have access to godlikes, can't put them on because they overcap and are wasted? scratch 
19)Archers/siege engines get +melee instead of +missile from tech.  I actually would prefer they DON"T get this than do, since it artificially increases their AP cost when I send them into battle, almost always to no effect (archers avoid melee... artillery evaporate in it).  This tech line should increase their missile INSTEAD of their melee. This would go a long way to that archer buff I mentioned earlier (actually, this + the increase in range cap + the reduced XP totals would probably be enough)
20)Renaming:Players love their names, they like having fun ones they enjoy, but often times people get 'stuck' with an improperly entered name (poor "guest1", i've talked to him about this several times).  Also, even though we're the only ones that can see them, we'd sometimes like to change our heros' names. This is a simple thing that would make players happy.
21)The "undead lose 1 hp instead of fleeing" is a TERRIBLE balance change! I'd rather my units actually get out of the dangerous situation than LOSE AN EXTRA HP EVERY ROUND!  I just had a light infantry that failed 5 morale checks in a row, and instead of getting out of the dangerous situation, jsut sat there and evaporated to complete and utter ruin.  Undead have VERY low morale caps, so we're GOING to fail a LOT of morale checks, and now we lose an HP everytime we do?--that MORE than reversed our 'more troops' bonus.... so now we've basically got the same HP as other races.... but with significantly reduced stats.  How is that balanced?  In preparation for the "never fleeing is so OP in matches" arguement--Most of the time I fight dwarves, their heavy infantry never breaks--it stands firm (unless flanked) until the last bearded bugger is taking a bloody dirt-nap.
22)Allow NON-ZEROING racial resets (within the same faction!)  There is NOTHING as ill-conceived in a game as forcing people to make a life-long decision without ANY knowledge about how it effects the gameplay.  We didn't know when we started that the only way to be a useful archer is to be an elf, or that dwarves were so damn slow, or that 5% healing boost of being undead meant largely nothing with the new healing times.  Even if we DID get lucky and pick a race we liked, You've done SO much to change races/gameplay that a person may not like their current decision anymore and are now forced with the decision "well, I can scrap the last 3 months of work and start BRAND NEW FROM SCRATCH!, or keep playing a race I don't like.... or... quit... hmmmm' *and then there were fewer players*.  This could be a premium feature AFTER THE FIRST FREE RESET (to catch the players that just picked the wrong race at the start, but prevent people from race-flipping without paying for it everytime a new patch comes out)  Also note--resets that maintain unit levels/equipment/building upgrades should only be allowed IN THE SAME FACTION.... for obvious reasons.
23)Friendly fire should be shown at the end-of-battle summary.  We want to know how many troops, and which troops, were killed by friendly fire. The vague "-583 friendly fire" doesn't actually tell us how many troops were killed.
This could be added in the units' XP section with a (#) FF  also show which units CAUSED the FF (incase people have both archers/artillery--or if you ever allow coop with 3 people again)
24)Allow direct player to player trades.... we wantz it, givez it to uz (seriously--dont need to explain this, its obvious)
25)Give us a 'pre battle' explanation for PVE matches (similar to the PVP one--in that window with the 2 big red crossed swords during the army selection screen)  Stats we want to see? Total +drop rate(from gear and from difficulty and from army size!), an actual army AP, hero AP, unit AP value--MORE than just a binary x or *check*  Let me know if i'm at 29% or 31% so I can adjust easier than a guess and hope alteration to equipment/army composition--Maybe I need to add an uncommon to my lights, or maybe I can add another 100ap of gear to my heavies--numbers make people happy!
26)The 30% light/archer rule has serious biased effect on certain races compared to others... Honestly, I want it removed completely. If you're concerned this would cause some races to spam favorite units WELL THATS WHAT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE! Also, high AP units (dwarven heavy infantry) are awesome--but cost a lot of AP, so they'll get to field 6 or 7 heavies... vs 14 other enemy units = flank fest.  They'll also be very vulnerable to cavalry or archers kiting--every overly specialized army WILL have its weaknesses.  If you don't want to remove it completely offer a line of research that reduces it over time (say 5 tiers of 5% each tier).  Let us eventually get to the point we can use the units we like! (and seriously--the AP restriction will do most of this for us. I cap out my AP using 6 A 3h 1C... I couldn't use 10H, due to AP reasons)
27)GIVE US MARKET FILTERS!  OMG, why as this taken so long?!  I want to be able to check for ==CAVALRY== armor with =ENDURANCE= on it... but ==ONLY== rares(or better).  You can ration this out as people upgrade their markets (omg... market upgrades that MEAN something -gasp-)  Help stimulate the economy here!
28)Increase the information in the after-battle screen.  Give a listing of the equipment that broke, give a TOTAL XP EARNED on the army summary page, give the actual 'loot roll' (whatever system you use) and then what it was modified to by army size/+drop rate/difficulty (we like being able to know when the rare frag we got was due to the extra efforts we made to  ensure higher quality loot compared to dumb-luck!)
29)Lift CP cap! We're at the point where a large number of players can get the 99CP cap in battles, and this will be even MORE of an issue when insane/suicide difficulties come out.... It ruins the incentive to do those matches if they give the same CP as a nightmare... Let us get what we earn!
30)Stop the CP balancing and forced stalemate.... If one side earns 100,000cp in a day while another only earns 10,000 that same day, it doesn't mean tomorrow the other side should get 10x the CP for everyone they earn!(this is an example taken to extravagance, but it should clearly convey the point)
If one side is losing, LET THEM LOSE! That's warfare! Thats how games WORK!
Don't worry about guild regional bonuses/investments being nullified, people want to know they're fighting FOR something, not just maintaining the status quo.  Make it so regional upgrades (except walls) are MAINTAINED after capture (I've heard your reasons to the contrary, they are sub-par and, truthfully, are so feeble as to not require a rebuffing) so that when one side wins and the map resets (it should anyway, with a significant reward for the winner... a GL artifact or special unit or milk and mother-hugging cookies, I don't care---while a permanent (until the other side wins) CP bonus is assigned to the loser--this is the only CP bonus that should be put in place!  If one side wins 2x in a row, the losers would now have 2x the CP bonus, and have their efforts magnified in the next 'round'.)  Heaven forbid regions should change hands!!!

TLDR

1)make unassgn all heroes button
2)make unequip all equipment button
3)stop units from fleeing THROUGH another unit
4)give a withdraw option that doesn't require units being in melee
5)supplies should be shared over a guild's entire empire
6)OR--guild supply storage should be increased so it means something...(bad alternative)
7)put wood (Edit: And stone)on the global map for guild regional bonuses
8)remove 3:1 resource trade ratio
9)allow filters on the leaderboard by MVP/CP earned/ETC
10)make a 'total' donation list for guild donations
11)Guild vaults
12)COOP with specific people
13)Coop difficulties
14)Archers need love
15)Arrow volleys are less than the sum of their parts
16)archers require more XP than other units, but earn significantly less
17)Special units?!?!
18)Increase stat caps to take into account high levels + godlike equipment!
19)techs should give +missile to ranged units
20)allow player/hero renaming
21)undead lose 1 hp for failed morale = TERRIBLE rebalance, reverse immediately
22) allow a NON ZEROING player racial change!
23)Give friendly fire specifics in the after-battle summary
24)Allow direct player to player trades
25)Give more pre-battle info (on proximity to 30% rule, drop-rates, CP earned on a victory, etc)
26)Either remove, or allow a tech-based reduction, of the 30% rule
27)Put in better market filters (rarity/unit/bonus/etc)
28)Better after-battle summary (total XP, loot role, units lost in FF/etc)
29)Lift the 99 CP cap--MANDATORY when insane/suicidal difficulties released!
30) STOP THE CP BALANCING and let a side LOSE already
30.1) Guild regional bonuses shouldn't be destroyed on capture
32) Barracks give minimum 50 (100?) each rank up for more normalized progression
33)Show size of regional CP containers--Numerically!

--ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST--
Barracks should give a minimum of 50ap increase per level. Should probably be 'normalized' across all levels. (prevent 'empty' levels of upgrades)
Similar concept for warehouse--last few tiers give less increase than the high teens/low 20s.

We've been told that regional CP containers fluctuate in size. The problem is, we never know what the current size is. Post the container size on the little popup when you hover over a region. Easy programming addition, would take 15 minutes!

Last edited by Bonezz on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:45 am

Are you for real? I refuse to read a post that long. Im sure you could have spilled the beans on a napkin.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 am

I've been able to overcome my fury confronted with your never ending post and dicovered your comprised list. Some valid points worth considering.
As an undead myself i once again don't see a need to reverse the slight nerf of the last patch. I'm still winning almost every single PVP and not just against noobs, even against players with superior gear. Given that i have just one gl (actually not good for PVP since it has massive droprate and xp-bonus) at the moment, there are plenty with better gear.
Back to top Go down
Dracus_Dakkrius

Dracus_Dakkrius

Location : Somewhere under five meters of dirt, blood, corpses, and adorable omnicidal kittens.

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:44 am

@ #3) I believe someone once mentioned something relating to Sun Tzu's Art of War, that an army would stand its ground if there were no escape, seeing as it is either fight or die. Therefore if an army is flanked with no opening to flee through, the chance for standing their ground should increase, but still fight crappily due to morale penalties.

@ #14) If missile is supposed to make archers more accurate, I think it should reduce the probability of friendly fire rather than increase it.

@ #21) Perhaps now Skeleton Archers should get 4 more units and Nergals get one more since they also got nerfed but still don't benefit from the Undead's Extra Units racial characteristic?

@ #29) perhaps the devs would be content with removing the cp cap if slight penalties to cp were applied at certain thresholds.

Idea: every cp above 100cp is reduced by 30%, above 200cp is reduced by 55%, 300cp reduced 75%, 400cp by 90%.

Therefore 500cp would be...
100cp + 100cp * 0.7 + 100cp * 0.45 + 100cp * 0.25 + 100cp * 0.1 = 250cp

I haven't hit the late-game yet, so let me know if those specific numbers sound broken. Although, I still think I have the seed of a good-ish idea.

Everything else I agree with to at least an extent.

Last edited by Dracus_Dakkrius on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ellthune

Ellthune

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 am

Good suggestions, but I am not going to read all of that.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:47 am

Great summary bonez.

I only add
6. (bad alternative, you said that, no way that can compensate cross tile supply sharing)
7. (neither wood nor stone are on the map, so why favor wood)
8. (market caps are the antitrust laws)
15. (i´ll need to look on it, atm i cant see a parallel to my experience)
16. (archers are in the experience row, they need more than other light units but less than hi/cavs/arti. You are referring to the fact that they usually shoot the "less xp giving enemies" and thus earn less, as shooting HI with archers is a lost cause. This is true and i find it hard to level my archers past 10. But its similarly hard for my HI)
19. (YES please. Its really a showstopper to see all your ranged units cost more ap because they got +3 melee from the research... yeah)
21. (I am not undead, but from my pov fighting undead AI before was twice as hard as DL or Orcs and i was in fact taking about 50-60% more losses from them. Now it is ballanced in the difficulty.)
31. (Dont see why, its not logical)
Back to top Go down
turtle

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:01 pm

archers defiantly need need some love with the research that i have on my archers if i put my god like on it its over the cap.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:39 pm

High Council is more about prioritizing than new ideas. The ideas come from the Suggestions thread, where all of the above should already be, I hope.

Back to top Go down
Thedude124

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:09 pm

I completely agree with archer/arti and research benefits, but I would say that each weapon up should give +2 to the missile stat instead of 3. Most archers with a few levels and the +18 would almost max out their missile stat, making items pointless. I would rather have(possibly an increase in max missile stat for everyone) and that weapons for archers stay relevant.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Elven archers cap at 80 missile, its very hard to get there for them. Other races cap at 60-70 on average.
Back to top Go down
stonekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Weapon ups shod give arches missile instead of melee. They don't need melee.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 am

A lot of good ideas and a lot of unnecessary ones as well... and all of them have already been suggested numerous times. Like literally all of them. Or at least most Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes   Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that need to be addressed. Most are simple changes
Page 1 of 1