Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Realf Lantow

New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it. Empty
PostSubject: New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it.   New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Honestly, I agree with the opinion that the Gear-score should only affect PVPers. in COOPs or especially PVE, the player should be able to use whatever they want. Devs- what's the verdict on that one, I never saw it clearly answered!

CAN I STILL FIND A WAY TO PVP A HIGH-LEVEL, UBERACTIVE (units level 10+)PLAYER!?! I've been around long enough to make friends with some players who I like PVPing with. BUT, unlike the top (100k+ CP earners) I can't play very much at a time, so my units are quite low, at least for my level- I've yet to get my first level 9 unit still, and quite a few of my favored units are levels 5-6; if my opponents are levels 12-13, I won't be able to PVP them in a tier system based upon level of units! How hard would it be to add a way to "ignore" the Tier-system (private PVP?), the AP system in general (If I'm really confident of my 1800 AP build, why can't I test it against Fyrr's 2400 AP build, just to see how weak it really is?), and basically just give a "do what you want to!" option?!?
I've only just started to like PVP, and I feel like that's going to be, in a sense taken away from me- because the part about PVP that I most like is facing my friends, not random strangers!
Besides which, due to having a combination of level 18 barracks and only mid-tier units, I'll be in a Tier with mostly much smaller AP size armies; so I'll only rarely be able to use my full army in PVP- if EVER... sniff, sniff... I like those (extra) bonus CPs! give them back! Razz

I think I'm getting a hang of how you will handle the "mercenary" (also known as Guild) units... if we have the square for them, we're allowed to "hire" them for X amount of battles (spending X amount of gold, too, I'm sure.) and we get them for ANY fight, until the counter runs out, whereupon we have to "rehire" them. Clearly, all the Mercs will also be available to hire, at a level 1 height it would seem, with Gems. YAY, something WORTH spending money on- testing the merc units your guild doesn't own... QUESTION- since I don't keep these in my barracks, will I be able to hire them when my barracks is full?

Hmmmm, I don't get that whole argument about geared/naked AP max... I can get max AP (at 2175 AP) with 9 almost naked units, or I can put about 15 epics, and 3(ish) GLs and still run the same 9 units... and I always struggle to get my 35% LI/LIA/Archer, so it's clearly not a matter of "you're using the low-level units"... In other words, it's quite hard to have difficulty maxing your AP! I mean, I struggle to get DOWN TO my AP! (right now I could easily field an army with almost 3000 AP, if I included all my heroes, and probably MORE than that if I geared my heroes, all while staying within 10 spaces and 35% LI)

I think I heard Runeslayer say that the average AP of a GL is well over 60? then my personal average, of 43 (NOT counting my 1 Hero GL, due to it's 1/4 AP value) explains a LOT about why I struggle so much to cap even a single stat on an HI or Cav, while other players can easily cap their units... I guess I'm SERIOUSLY unlucky, eh? heck, I've got exactly 1 GL with AP value over 60. :-/

My only serious issue with the whole gear-score per level gain is... I very much enjoy putting all my GLs onto a couple of units, then putting fluff (uncommons, rares) onto my other units; allowing me to have a really TANKY, lets take down the enemy unit... and even I won't be able to use that anymore... :-0

Back to top Go down
Bobba

New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it.   New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:26 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
CAN I STILL FIND A WAY TO PVP A HIGH-LEVEL, UBERACTIVE PLAYER
I hope private pvp matching comes soon after GW layer 2. It's something I've been looking forward to a while.
Back to top Go down

New PVP Tiers, and Gear-scores; some thoughts on it.
Page 1 of 1