Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New leaderboard/guild scores

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yanvicious

New leaderboard/guild scores Empty
PostSubject: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am

Would it be possible to add an additional ranking to rank players by CP earned, and also include that somewhere in guild scores as well?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 am

Yanvicious wrote:
Would it be possible to add an additional ranking to rank players by CP earned, and also include that somewhere in guild scores as well?

If there was only free space for that... It is possible for the Guilds though.
Back to top Go down
Yanvicious

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 am

Yeah i knew space was sort of an issue which was why i'd thought possibly a new board for CP specifically. Honestly i find CP contribution to be far more significant than PvE or PvP wins though, would rather see 1 or both of those removed in exchange for CP, but that might just be me.
Back to top Go down
soviet

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:06 am

I agree with the pve wins. though its definitely a factor when recruiting guild members, personally as a ranking statistic/score it poses no interest.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:17 am

In other leaderboards I've seen, they use tabs / icons to switch between different leaderboards. A few stats I would find useful to see on the leaderboards:

- Total Conquest Points earned
- Conquest Points earned in the past 3days
- Current Total Army Points

It might be something to add when you have more public stats to track - perhaps with the guild update?

I dont know what stats are tracked, but there are several others that might be interesting:

- Total AP killed
- Total AP killed in the past 3days

- Total Healing done
- Total Healing in the past 3days

- Total Items made
- Wood/Stone/Iron/Gold production per hr

Back to top Go down
soviet

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:42 am

Oh almost forgot - by far the most important guild feature, last log in by members names!

May be make it visible to only guild masters/vice? perhaps to avoid negative attitude. It is defiantly a must in a flash mmo where people are common to play for any rand point between 1 hr and 1 month then quit without a word.

as for:

"- Total AP killed

- Total Healing done

- Total Items made
- Wood/Stone/Iron/Gold production per hr"

in my opinion the only significant result will be people with exceptionally high values in any field will get a lot of prejudice feedback whilst others laging behind may feel hopeless e.g. when comparing to the top.

i do see a few fun points and motivational but overall personally i see far more harm than good coming out of these stats being made public. but hey this is only 1 opinion.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:40 am

soviet wrote:
Oh almost forgot - by far the most important guild feature, last log in by members names!

May be make it visible to only guild masters/vice? perhaps to avoid negative attitude. It is defiantly a must in a flash mmo where people are common to play for any rand point between 1 hr and 1 month then quit without a word.

as for:

"- Total AP killed

- Total Healing done

- Total Items made
- Wood/Stone/Iron/Gold production per hr"

in my opinion the only significant result will be people with exceptionally high values in any field will get a lot of prejudice feedback whilst others laging behind may feel hopeless e.g. when comparing to the top.

i do see a few fun points and motivational but overall personally i see far more harm than good coming out of these stats being made public. but hey this is only 1 opinion.
Yea, thats a somewhat valid point for the stats that are a grand total on the public leaderboard. Last played is also very important for any guild that wants to maintain an active membership, but I would suggest that info is only shown to guild mates.

The 1day / 3day stats shouldnt demotivate new players at all. The reason I put them in there was primarily to determine activity in the last 3 days. Casuals may log in daily, but not play too much. CP / 3days will show that while a simple "last online" will not.

Also, I think many people who look at the tech tree and see that each of the final researches asks for almost half a million resources realize that there is a pretty significant vertical progression in this game.

If this game wants to develop it's competitive side, Guild Leaders need tools/metrics that help them build competitive groups of players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New leaderboard/guild scores   New leaderboard/guild scores I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New leaderboard/guild scores
Page 1 of 1