Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AI archers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

AI archers Empty
PostSubject: AI archers   AI archers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Ok I know you devs want the AI to be smarter and all but I feel strongly that AI archers are assholes. Sorry for swearing but the fact that they target the weakest/lowest unit on health is not ok in my opinion. I want to save that unit's exp but nope the archer has to attack him. I'm curious did you as devs put this as their default target. Are their targets random? If they target specific units wouldn't it make sense though they attack the strongest unit.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

AI archers Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI archers   AI archers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 am

lol Scaren... This is war.... There exists no mercy...! (and no, they do not target weak targets as a default)
Back to top Go down
kuba_

AI archers Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI archers   AI archers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:58 am

but they should Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

AI archers Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI archers   AI archers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:04 am

I meant that, of course they have priorities (target, distance, type of target, etc.), but they do not target units in low health as a default.
Back to top Go down
THAN0S

THAN0S

AI archers Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI archers   AI archers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Its just that by the time you NOTICE the unit it is the lowest unit on health.

They do tend to go after Light Infantry in preference to Heavy Infantry. I do not use Assault Infantry. Funny that with an HI barreling down on them (little tongue and cheek there) that they will change targets to a LI that comes into range. Doesn't make sense against Dwarfs, but it does against almost everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AI archers Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI archers   AI archers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AI archers
Page 1 of 1