Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The chat filter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drennalin

The chat filter Empty
PostSubject: The chat filter   The chat filter I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:19 pm

I realize that it's important to try to keep a game such as this "kid friendly".  I also think it's a good idea not to make it adult stupid.  If I tried to type my "analyst told me to fix it with a screwdriver"  I would be whacked twice for doing nothing wrong.   Seems like there has to be a better way.    Love the game.

Dren Smile
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

The chat filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The chat filter   The chat filter I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 pm

Drennalin wrote:
I realize that it's important to try to keep a game such as this "kid friendly".  I also think it's a good idea not to make it adult stupid.  If I tried to type my "analyst told me to fix it with a screwdriver"  I would be whacked twice for doing nothing wrong.   Seems like there has to be a better way.    Love the game.

Dren Smile

Kid friendly seems like mostly teens to adults play it but yeah I think anal and screw should be taken off. Screw is the nice way of saying the f word. I really wouldn't mind to bad if nothing was censered but then i'm sure someone would try to spam every cuss word ever invented
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

The chat filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The chat filter   The chat filter I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:38 pm

"screw" should not be blocked, especially given that "ass" is not. O.o

Screw can either refer to "I'm going to screw that so hard!" as in, the F-word lite,
or
can refer to "I was screwing some bolts on my motorcycle the other day, and discovered that one was made out of something more similar to cream cheese than a sturdy metal, as the dang screw broke at a very low torque specification!"
(^the latter of the two references is actually something which happened to me about 2 weeks ago! O.o)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The chat filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The chat filter   The chat filter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The chat filter
Page 1 of 1