Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Swear word filter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyder

Spyder

Swear word filter Empty
PostSubject: Swear word filter   Swear word filter I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 pm

I hate to put up two suggestions in two days as the dude that's complaining... but I have to wonder how your swear filter operates.

I just tried to say "analogy". It told me to stop swearing. I tried saying a friend of mine's name: Battlecock. I was told to stop swearing. I think the filter needs a bit of a tune up. I totally believe that filtering swear words is a good thing to do. A lot of people include it in their daily speech and don't notice what they're doing. That being said... I think your filter in-game is far too strict. I'm honestly worried about being banned for swearing from saying a word that's just a part of another word.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Swear word filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swear word filter   Swear word filter I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Spyder wrote:
I just tried to say "analogy".
See also Joy's one & only warning for swearing:

Joyce wrote:
NOTE: See this description of CBA by wikiepedia, as to why its a valid way of approaching problems.
I still believe that saying (the full spelling of) CBA is valid & not swearing.
Back to top Go down
Spyder

Spyder

Swear word filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swear word filter   Swear word filter I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Exactly. I think the filter is too strict. The code is something to the effect of: Warn users with *anal* so that anything added to either side of that is caught and warned.
Back to top Go down
Anduin

Anduin

Swear word filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swear word filter   Swear word filter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:24 am

I would agree here, assuming that the filter exists to keep chat safe for kids, it can actually have the opposite intended effect if it does not factor in when the words are used as part of a larger word.

For example, if somebody in chat said 'analogy', then the kid would see ****ogy. The kid would then try to figure out what was intended to fill in the blanks, and perhaps learn a new word in the process.

It brings focus to what otherwise would have been unseen.
Back to top Go down
Spyder

Spyder

Swear word filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swear word filter   Swear word filter I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Good news: For those of you trying to say the p-word or d-word (phallus) - Richard still works fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swear word filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swear word filter   Swear word filter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swear word filter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: