Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Minor Bugs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobba

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:52 pm

There are a few minor bugs I have experienced that I don't think I have seen topics on here that mention before. I'll put them all in one topic for convenience sake.

1. Sometimes when going to a match, the game will not start, and instead you will just go back to the city screen (if you tried to go into coop/PvP queue than you will simply not be in queue). Maybe something isn't being set back right after battles sometimes? Refreshing will always fix this bug but until refreshing you will continue to enter the queue/match from what I can tell. A minor nuisance but worth addressing if you can figure out the problem.

2. When in full-screen mode it often takes a very long time to load the item information (in any of the respective places you can see it, whether the forge or auction house). The item will appear as an unloaded blank spot and will take a long while before the picture appears so that it can be hovered over for statistics. Resources and frags do not have this problem, and when in windowed mode the items load much, much faster (a matter of seconds).

3. There seems to be some memory leaks somewhere (unless it is the browser? I use Firefox if it matters) that makes it where if you don't refresh the game for a while it will gradually get slower. This is also minor, since it takes a good number of battles before the lag noticeably increases, but it's also worth taking a look at.

Anyways, as the topic says this is all relatively minor, so check it out at your leisure. Thanks and hope you devs are enjoying your mini-vacation. Smile

Edit: Forgot one:
4. If you exit out of fullscreen mode while on the battle setup screen (by pressing escape) the window won't resize so you can't close it or start the battle without refreshing and setting it up all over again. (or at least this happens at my screen resolution)
Back to top Go down
Williumwall

Williumwall

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Omg this all happens to me Sad I hate bugs we need to squish them with our boots
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:02 am

Williumwall wrote:
Omg this all happens to me Sad I hate bugs we need to squish them with our boots

And we will, rest assured.

Thanks for the reports Williumwall.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 am

I discovered why sometimes it seems like units don't always respond when you move many quickly. When you release the right click, the *currently* selected unit moves, meaning when trying to move many units quickly you will often end up releasing the right click late. My suggestion: Make it so that when you release the right click, the unit that was selected when right click was first pressed is moved instead of the currently selected unit.

Please note this isn't related to the problem where your units will stand around after finishing off an enemy unit but is a separate problem altogether (not really a bug so much as an annoyance).

Also, I've discovered that matches load much faster when in windowed mode, is this normal?
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Ok, I discovered what causes the first bug. Here's how to reproduce it (it worked every time I tested it out of a few times):

1. Go into PvP or coop queue.
2. Wait until you are matched.
3. Click ready when a match is found.
4. If another player does not click ready, the match won't start when the timer counts down to 0. This is normal.
5. Now exit queue.
6. Try to play a solo or coop or pvp after this. It won't work. You either won't get placed in queue or an error will occur in the case of solo matches.
7. Refresh and the problem will be fixed.

It happens more often than you might think and it's really annoying. I'm glad to have finally found where the problem lies. Maybe the game thinks that the battle began for you because you clicked ready but in reality you never entered a battle. There is likely a variable that is being flipped at a bad time or not being set back properly when the match fails to activate. Please note that a player who doesn't click "ready" when matched will not experience this bug. They will be able to enter their next match normally. Only the players who clicked "ready" but failed to be placed in the match will have the problem.

Hope this is fixed fast since you know where to look now. =)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:32 am

Thank you Bobba. Another player has already informed us about it.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:00 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Good to know.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:30 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Just one? Who?..

(me being my curious self of course)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:22 am

It is already fixed btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:37 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
It is already fixed btw. Smile
Good to know I guess.
And of course, too many of my questions get ignored Razz 
Secret stuff, yay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Minor Bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Minor Bugs   Some Minor Bugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Minor Bugs
Page 1 of 1