Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Customize Stats button replacing Reroll

Go down 
+3
RuneSlayer
Archer
Souless
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Souless

Souless

Customize Stats button replacing Reroll Empty
PostSubject: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:22 am

I would like to express my deep hatred for randomness.

There is too randomness in this game, in my opinion it would make more sense if a unit was trained in the barracks to level up after reaching the required experience. A training that could improve one stat of choice without let the randomness leaving us without choice.
Of course every training should have a cost in gold.

It's a punch in an eye letting randomness adding melee strenght to archers and morale to assault units with unbreakable.

Hope you enjoy this idea, there are other ways to introduce gems and premium options, if I was a payer myself I would hate to test my luck on rerolling a unit stats until it had the stats I wanted.

This way, throgh my idea, we can personalize units to different roles by training units with stats we can choose instead of crossing our fingers or testing our luck in the infinite tunnel of rerolling.

Gems for experience, items and temporary buffs would be more than enough in my opinion

===Edit Update===
You could add a gem paying option to retrain a single unit or hero for example

Last edited by Souless on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:37 am

Has also already been requested
VERY MUCH needs to be implemented!
.... my LA are level 7 and have +9 morale... that's half of their levels going into a worthless stat.

I'd also REALLY prefer my archers level in MISSILE rather than... well anything else, but the +12 morale archer I have is rather frustrating.

I'd also REALLY love to have an 'archer hero' with lots of missile... rather than most of my heroes being split between missile and melee.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: RuneSlayer I summon you :D   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 am

Any chance to see a reply about replacing the reroll button with a customize stats button to avoid players rerolling thousands of times for an extremely lucky roll?
This idea would open many ways to customize and make the game more interesting.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:13 am

Souless wrote:
It's a punch in an eye letting randomness adding melee strenght to archers and morale to assault units with unbreakable.

Why is Strength for Archers a punch in an eye, when Strength influences the strength of their melee AND missile attack?

Same for Morale and LIAs... How about the shivering effect?

If we remove the randomness from the rolls, then a paying user will have an advantage over a non-paying user as the first one removes luck from the equation, while the other still has to depend on it.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:27 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Souless wrote:

Why is Strength for Archers a punch in an eye, when Strength influences the strength of their melee AND missile attack?

If we remove the randomness from the rolls, then a paying user will have an advantage over a non-paying user as the first one removes luck from the equation, while the other still has to depend on it.
Removing luck from the equation does not give an advantage over the non-paying user. The only thing a paying user would have over the non-paying user is to retrain after making bad choices. The way it is NOW the paying user has a huge advantage over the non-paying user because they can reroll over and over again till they get their perfect killing machine (c'mon, do you really want endurance over missile on an artillery?). I agree on Souless on this one. It won't kill the game to leave it as it is now, but I think unit training would bring a lot more balance to the two kinds of players. It is something you should at least think about doing.

The only real downside I see is that newer players who don't know exactly how the stats work may find it difficult to make the best choices on what stat to choose for level ups, and thus may need to relevel their troops or pay for gems to retrain them when they get a better grasp on how the stats work. And morale on an unbreakable unit DOES suck. +12 morale doesn't prolong the time to shiver long enough to make up for what could have been for example +12 melee keeping their morale high AND making them deal a lot more damage.

I will agree that strength on archer's isn't the worst thing ever, though. (and it's impossible for archers to get melee on level up, which is also good)
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:57 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Souless wrote:

I'm with Runeslayer on this one. If someone could pay to have their troops what they want they could make units to strong. They would be super strong with low AP and a good amount of stats in the right places. So this would allow people to beat the new pvp tiers and just bring super strong units with no equipment or uncommons.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 am

Scaren wrote:

I'm with Runeslayer on this one. If someone could pay to have their troops what they want they could make units to strong. They would be super strong with low AP and a good amount of stats in the right places. So this would allow people to beat the new pvp tiers and just bring super strong units with no equipment or uncommons.

I think you and Runeslayer are missing the suggestion here, so this is how I understand his suggestion:
All players would get the ability to select what is being leveled up;
Upon getting the XP for a new level, they would enter the barracks, and select the XPed unit, and then have these options:
(values are strictly based upon my own understanding of the comparative value for each stat, and would clearly have to increase (sometimes exponentially)for each level (added to that stat)... this could be for the first addition, so going from level 1 to 2)(if there isn't a suggested amount, it would remain the same, at +3 per level)

150 gold: melee
125 gold: strength
175 gold: missile
(can't get range currently) 250 gold: (+5) range
500 gold: (-1) reaction
150 gold: endurance
(no health option except for hero) 1000 gold: 1 (extra above the standard level-up) health
115 gold: armor
300 gold: (+1) movement
120 gold: moral

the "reroll" premium would NOW be changed to a "reset", so the person who wasn't intelligent, and put +9 armor on an LIA would be able to get that LIA back in line...
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
Scaren wrote:

(no health option except for hero) 1000 gold: 1 (extra above the standard level-up) health

perhaps if added a few 0's to those numbers but I still wouldn't like the fact that people could do that.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Souless wrote:

Old post Rune, I forgot to edit it in some contents. However in my opinion you can set the gem cost to this premium option higher, like 100-200 gems so everyone can customize stats whatever they want high morale units or high damage units or tanks etc...Bobba explained my idea very well. At the moment a payer could still have his stats placed much better than a non-payer member, the customize button serves for the purpose of getting rid of some of the most irritating randomness into this game. I know many ppl who are disbanding their units continuously because they want some stats in theirs, so why not implementing a button that helps them customize their units supporting the server with gems too? We can only be happy to support the game and happy to have the stats we want without rerolling tons of times. No one would be so stubborn to spend 15k gems for rerolling, let's say the truth...

The shivering effect only applies at a certain % of morale, so +6 morale in an assault unit is mostly useless and it's 2 level ups, also a full morale LIA can't be effected by bonus given by items and from lvl 1 to lvl 15 it's a pain in the neck to retrain a unit with experience and without gems, players would grow tired of doing this everytime because of bad luck
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

This would be a most welcome addition.

The stat caps are in place, and I see that my level points don't put me any further ahead...so nothing broken there and no undue advantage due to making units OP there. Of course higher level units will have more stats...as is their due.

Simply have a countdown...your first 2 resets are free and after that you have to pay. No different edge there, just replaces luck with skill while still encouraging support from long-time members.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Dobraine wrote:
This would be a most welcome addition.

The stat caps are in place, and I see that my level points don't put me any further ahead...so nothing broken there and no undue advantage due to making units OP there. Of course higher level units will have more stats...as is their due.

Simply have a countdown...your first 2 resets are free and after that you have to pay. No different edge there, just replaces luck with skill while still encouraging support from long-time members.

I of course can't control what the devs do but I stand by the fact that I wouldn't like that in this game because of course people would choose melee for almost every single upgrade making that unit super hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Possibly, but you have to ability to go all melee yourself as well. The point is: the player would have the choice.

I myself would not do what you are suggesting, as I have different builds in mind.

Also...we have the AP system at work. I believe melee is valued the highest for AP on gear. Given such, I can't see it being equal to other stats when attained through levelling.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Scaren wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

perhaps if added a few 0's to those numbers but I still wouldn't like the fact that people could do that.

I had mentioned that each level up (not of the unit, but of the specific stat) would increase the cost of that stat- by a multiplier. Thus, if the level 1 additions were this expensive; and each addition in a stat multiplied the cost for that stat by four, at level 5 (for any single stat) you would get:
38.400: melee
32.000: strength
44.800: missile
64.000: range
128.000: reaction (this would have to *not* be able to keep being chosen; thus a "stat cap" would have to be set; maybe -2 for 6 reaction, -3 for 8 reaction, and -4 for 10 reaction units; or maybe not have this as a select-able stat)
38.400: endurance
256.000: health (only select-able on heroes; possibly also on Cav/Arti?)
29.440: armor
76.800: movement
30.720: moral

MUCH, MUCH more expensive; easily out of reach of all but the most dedicated players; and (of course) paying players.
And the next upgrade for each would, of course be outrageously expensive- the cheapest of them all would cost well over 100k, the most expensive would be prohibitively expensive at over 1m; a price beyond the range of even the highest level warehouse.
Mind you, this would actually set a limit to the number of times that a single stat could POTENTIALLY be selected; no single stat could ever be chosen for 15 level-ups, as the prices are all far beyond the size of the maximum capacity for the warehouse, thus the "luck" system we have now is much more potentially exploitable for creating uber-warriors (not that the total stat gain from levels would actually create an uber-warrior...)
Furthermore, if speed were a select-able stat, I'm fairly convinced that EVERYBODY would choose it at least 1 or 2 times per unit, dwarves more like 3-4 times... O.o thus, nobody would exclusively choose melee. Furthermore, from my own experience even moral is important to have; while it's not worth anything when vs-ing breakable units (since they're suffering the same affect you are) it's all-important when vs-ing undeads or LIA, therefore even a "waste" choice like moral would get some selection...

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
MUCH, MUCH more expensive

...which gives the impression that the premium item is just there to grab money from players, being that expensive to use with in-game currency.

I'm not totally against it, but the numbers need to be more "down to Earth"...
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:42 am

Furthermore, if speed were a select-able stat, I'm fairly convinced that EVERYBODY would choose it at least 1 or 2 times per unit, dwarves more like 3-4 times... O.o thus, nobody would exclusively choose melee.  Furthermore, from my own experience even moral is important to have; while it's not worth anything when vs-ing breakable units (since they're suffering the same affect you are) it's all-important when vs-ing undeads or LIA, therefore even a "waste" choice like moral would get some selection...

[/quote]

So now I would have to pay to choose my stats Sad Perhaps I don't feel like the rest of you because while my units aren't perfect they are pretty good amount of stats where I want them. But Real if your system is put in I will then have to pay gold for stats I want. Maybe if you put in the random way where people wouldn't have to pay gold.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:
MUCH, MUCH more expensive

...which gives the impression that the premium item is just there to grab money from players, being that expensive to use with in-game currency.

I'm not totally against it, but the numbers need to be more "down to Earth"...

a X3 multiplier would allow about 8 level-ups for any one stat before it became impossibly expensive; too much cheaper would make it possible to add ALL the stats into the same location, something which was, I believe one of the arguments against these ideas overall.

however, for mathematics sake, with my guestimated prices, and an X4 multiplier, my level-up price for a good level 15 LI build (total of 14 levels gained) would be:
3 movement (300, 1200, 4800)
3 endurance (150, 600, 2400)
2 strength (125, 500, 2000)
2 moral (115, 460, 1440)
and 4 melee (150, 600, 2400, 4800)

Mind you, a level 15 is something which is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get; so these prices would be the price range which TOP tier players would be putting in.
and my total price (for a well-rounded unit) would come to under 18k in level-up costs.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:38 am

A few points I'd like to make:

1. reaction and movement should not be upgradable stats because that opens a big can of balance issues.

2. Prices in gold shouldn't be high (or maybe no price at all other than some time, possibly). Since melee and missile are generally better and more expensive (in AP) stats, maybe str/end/morale on level up should cost 3 AP while melee/missile should cost 4 AP. This way all stats would be a reasonable choice and people don't spam only melee/missile (don't forget that unit's that only pick melee/missile will be vulnerable to attack by ranged units).

3. Since morale is a cheap stat in AP, maybe each level up put in it should increase it by 4 (instead of 3). Otherwise I foresee morale being a forsaken stat.

With these three points in mind and without making training be too expensive (time/money wise) I think it could be a great idea. As Scaren said, people won't want to pay a lot of gold just to get the level ups they've already earned by fighting. This is why I don't think it should take much gold/time to train a unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customize Stats button replacing Reroll   Customize Stats button replacing Reroll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Customize Stats button replacing Reroll
Page 1 of 1