Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The magic button...

Go down 
+5
Realf Lantow
Bobba
Williumwall
RuneSlayer
Nethack
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nethack

The magic button... Empty
PostSubject: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:09 am

In a perfect world, the magic button would do 3 things for you after battle. All in one click :

- heal the wounded units (if cash avalaible).
- repair the broken stuff (if cash and spots avalaible).
- remove heroes from units.

After each and every battle we do it anyway. Or we forget to... which leads to having to switch several times between barrack / wold map because you forget your heroes or something. It takes forever and people gets annoyed all the time because they forget one of those.

Now it the world was reaaaally perfect, like a tavern with free beer and no elves allowed... the page with that magic button would also display healing and repairing cost and the option to do those things separately (like now) would be kept for the cases when you need more micromanagement (like when cash is short).
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:27 am

There will be a "magic" button which will Auto Heal the units, as a premium. The same for items, but reforging will only be initiated by the player.

We will change it so Heroes will not be removed from the unit, even if they have 0 HPs. That is something that a lot of players wanted, so it is something that we want to do. This way, you won't have to assign Heroes on your units all the time. If they have 0 HPs, they will just not enter the battle.
Back to top Go down
Williumwall

Williumwall

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:04 am

Runeslayer already answered those questions in the high council meeting Smile. If you want a list of what happened I can set you up with one
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 am

Thanks for the answer Runseslayer. As always... Smile

RuneSlayer wrote:
There will be a "magic" button which will Auto Heal the units, as a premium. The same for items, but reforging will only be initiated by the player.

Very nice. Yeah reforging needs to be player initiated. That's just perfect.

RuneSlayer wrote:
We will change it so Heroes will not be removed from the unit, even if they have 0 HPs. That is something that a lot of players wanted, so it is something that we want to do. This way, you won't have to assign Heroes on your units all the time. If they have 0 HPs, they will just not enter the battle.

That part I don't get. The thing with heroes is that they often do several fights with differents units so you have to change them all the time since there is less heroes than units.

I mean you do a battle with let's say 6 units and 6 heroes inside. And then you switch your 6 heroes to put them on another 6 units for another battle. Which means having to remove them and re-assign them every single fight. They don't really loose health even if units do most of the time. That means switching the whole set of heroes every 5 minutes.

At least that's my experience. Maybe it's different with players who have lots of artillery / cav (no heroes) or unbreakable troops like LIA with no heroes. But they don't have to switch their heroes every battle anyway. Just put them back if it was at 0, after healing.

Quote :
Runeslayer already answered those questions in the high council meeting Smile. If you want a list of what happened I can set you up with one

I have no clue what you are talking about Will.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:18 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
That part I don't get. The thing with heroes is that they often do several fights with differents units so you have to change them all the time since there is less heroes than units.

I mean you do a battle with let's say 6 units and 6 heroes inside. And then you switch your 6 heroes to put them on another 6 units for another battle. Which means having to remove them and re-assign them every single fight. They don't really loose health even if units do most of the time. That means switching the whole set of heroes every 5 minutes.

At least that's my experience. Maybe it's different with players who have lots of artillery / cav (no heroes) or unbreakable troops like LIA with no heroes. But they don't have to switch their heroes every battle anyway. Just put them back if it was at 0, after healing.

Well, players used to complain that when a Hero "dies" it gets removed from the unit and then they have to manually assign him again. When a player has more than 6 units, he may have to do that again and again, which is why it was requested that Heroes wouldn't be removed from the unit, but instead show that they are not available for the next battle. However, if you ask me, I find it more logical the Hero to just be removed, than not, as there is the risk of accidentally bringing a 1HP Hero in battle. Then again, since no XP are lost from death any longer, maybe this change is not needed.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:15 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

Well, players used to complain that when a Hero "dies" it gets removed from the unit and then they have to manually assign him again. When a player has more than 6 units, he may have to do that again and again, which is why it was requested that Heroes wouldn't be removed from the unit, but instead show that they are not available for the next battle. However, if you ask me, I find it more logical the Hero to just be removed, than not, as there is the risk of accidentally bringing a 1HP Hero in battle. Then again, since no XP are lost from death any longer, maybe this change is not needed.
I would not mind the option to remove all heroes at the end of battle, as it could be useful to have a "remove heroes button". But it should still be possible to leave heroes the way they are, and I would rather heroes stay "equipped" even if they are at 0 hp (just don't add AP for them or take them into battle, and maybe show a skull icon on them instead of the usual "+" healing icon).

RuneSlayer wrote:
Do you mean instantly heal all units to full? If that is the case it makes perfect sense why it would be a premium option. But I would love a button just to begin healing them so we don't have to go to barracks to click "heal all" after every battle, it would make gameplay a lot smoother when doing a lot of battles in a short time. This button should not be premium, because It only saves around 10 seconds and protects against bad memory, so it's an option every player should have, not just those with gems. (It would be a stupid thing to spend gems on anyways)
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:25 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

Damn did you just quote me as "Realflantow".

Erf, I'm not sure I could ever forgive that. He's a dirty dirty elf. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 am

Nethack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

I hadn't noticed, but seems you are right Nethack, shame on Rune.Razz
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

just curious to find out... where did I write all this?!? O.o
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:37 am

Nethack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Realf Lantow wrote:

at least I'm not a dwarf...
XD
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 am

That's why I always double-check who I'm quoting Razz.

And what's with all the lightie talk...
Nethack wrote:
Now it the world was reaaaally perfect, like a tavern with free beer and no elves allowed
Nethack wrote:
Erf, I'm not sure I could ever forgive that. He's a dirty dirty elf.
Realf Lantow wrote:
at least I'm not a dwarf

Beautiful.

Bobba wrote:
This button should not be premium, because It only saves around 10 seconds and protects against bad memory, so it's an option every player should have, not just those with gems.
Protecting against bad memory should be premium. If you forget to heal, you should suffer either by having unhealed troops or paying gems for it.

(Tho I'd like a free healing button in the victory screen... But not auto-activating all the time, since I sometimes like to battle unhealed)

And options to leave even dead heroes on particular troops + remove all heroes with one click. Both are needed on some occasions and depending on a player.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:20 am

Fyrr wrote:
Protecting against bad memory should be premium. If you forget to heal, you should suffer either by having unhealed troops or paying gems for it.

(Tho I'd like a free healing button in the victory screen... But not auto-activating all the time, since I sometimes like to battle unhealed)

And options to leave even dead heroes on particular troops + remove all heroes with one click. Both are needed on some occasions and depending on a player.
improving on a slight design flaw in the game should not cost a premium! Premiums should be bonuses, not... things that just improve the game as a whole.

Edit: There, should be better now, Fyrr =P

Last edited by Bobba on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:11 am

People, stop quoting entire posts... Especially mine (they're usually longish). Quote only a few lines... Not that much additional effort, but makes forum way more tidy.
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:14 am

Ahah Fyrr... it's just that Realf and I got some personnal history and frienly elvish - dwarvish competition going on. So it was especially funny... (to me at least).

It's all in a good mood though. ^^

And elves are dirty.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 am

Nethack wrote:
Ahah Fyrr... it's just that Realf and I got some personnal history and frienly elvish - dwarvish competition going on.

yes, racing fame etc. It's funny, ofc x) And dwarves are smelly and slow. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nethack

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 am

Bashing elves is an old dwarvish tradition.

And we smell just fine. I bathed in beer last week.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 am

Bah! Too much ale I guess.. Wink

The Auto Heal premium will not heal units instantly, but rather work just like Auto Collect. When a player returns from battle, if the necessary Gold for healing is in the player's Warehouse, then the units will automatically start healing.

Bobba wrote:
improving on a slight design flaw in the game should not cost a premium! Premiums should be bonuses, not... things that just improve the game as a whole.

No flaw there. The Auto Heal/Auto Repair premiums are there to make a user's life simpler and his gameplay experience faster. Consider them as a way to minimize clicks in the game.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

The Auto Heal premium will not heal units instantly, but rather work just like Auto Collect. When a player returns from battle, if the necessary Gold for healing is in the player's Warehouse, then the units will automatically start healing.

Bobba wrote:

No flaw there. The Auto Heal/Auto Repair premiums are there to make a user's life simpler and his gameplay experience faster. Consider them as a way to minimize clicks in the game.
I stand by my word. And it sounds like you are planning to make it happen after every battle without user input (which is a terrible idea). Please make it optional with one click, otherwise people will get angry when they can't do another battle with their unhealed units. (seriously, I don't think this should be premium material...or if so... very very cheap...)
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:02 am

Bobba wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Bobba wrote:

I stand by my word. And it sounds like you are planning to make it happen after every battle without user input (which is a terrible idea). Please make it optional with one click, otherwise people will get angry when they can't do another battle with their unhealed units. (seriously, I don't think this should be premium material...or if so... very very cheap...)

I have to say I don't mind it being premium because I have never had a problem with the heal all button. If someone is that lazy to click on barracks and click heal all button then I say let them pay to save on those few seconds.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Bobba wrote:

Bobba, the player will still be able to cancel the healing process of a unit, if he wants to take it to battle with casualties.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:23 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Bobba wrote:

Bobba, the player will still be able to cancel the healing process of a unit, if he wants to take it to battle with casualties.
That is still bad. Sometimes I do 5 battles or so in a row (normal difficulty), and going back to the barracks to cancel the healing process of the units after each battle, (probably including losing the healing costs for the damage done) would be a waste of my time and gold. I guess there some people who could find it useful but if you made it optional on a per-battle basis it would be useful to more people, which would therefore get more people to buy it as a premium, and less people to get angry that they bought it. I still don't think it should be premium, but either way it would be best to make it optional per battle by a button. Canceling the healing after every battle is not an acceptable work around for people who like to do several battles in a row with the same army (especially when it's much easier when you wouldn't have the premium), and making people who just payed money on a free game upset about their purchase is always a bad thing, even if it is only a small number of people who are angered by it.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 am

I think paying for convenience is a great idea. Convenience and cosmetics are both good areas to monetize.

That said, I can see why some people would feel like "annoying UI elements" are being used to "encourage" players to pay for the game. I know it is a new "quality of life" feature, but for new players who come in, it wont feel like a new feature and instead it may feel a little like extortion.

Also, for people who pay, they want to feel like theyre getting something a little more out of it than 2-3 extra clicks saved. So overall, I'm not sure that "quality of life" UI features are the best way to monetize the game. Those should just be part of creating an enjoyable game experience.

All that said -- One possible way to monetize this end-of-battle "magic button" and still give all of its "quality of life" utility to free players is to provide the option of paying gems for instant item repairs.

Free players would have their items sent to the blacksmith when they clicked the "magic" button and they would have to pay the normal gold, wait the normal time for their repairs, and would be limited by repair slots. For some X amount of gems, your item remains on your unit and is repaired back to full without paying any gold or time.

Some other ways to monetize convenience that might feel more worthwhile and yet will not affect balance:

• Complete this repair slot's repair time for X gems.
  • Complete this crafting slot's craft time for X gems.
  • Conversion of multiple fragments into a single better fragment. Have it cost time and require some type of crafting slots, but allow gems to shorten/remove the time cost.
  • Instead of unit stat rerolls, allow user-controlled "retraining" of a unit's stats for free - but at a relatively stiff cost of time. Retraining takes some X hours per stat point, and while a unit is retraining, it may not be used in battles. Gems can be used to pay for rushed retraining times or instant retraining times. Limit the number of units that may be trained at any one time.

Alternatively, remove the random stat placement when a unit levels up, and give stat points to be trained. Players then have to train those units to allocate stat points - something which takes time and temporarily disallows participation in battles.

None of these things really affect battlefield balance or create change in long-term warfront pushing power. They are not pay to win. They do however save real world time in a convenient way. They may also allow for faster progression. That certainly feels more useful than just a few saved clicks.

I think the key to balancing these "time-saving" price points is to determine a good price-point-per-hour that works for this game. A starting point may be something along the lines of what other successful F2P industry leaders do, but every f2p game is different and it will likely need some playtesting and price adjustments to find the sweet spot.

One thing other games have done that I think works well -- The devs say that if they raise the cost of purchased items/services because they feel they priced it too low, they wont back charge people extra for it and players feel like they got a good deal by being early adopters. If the devs decrease the price for an item, they will reimburse previous purchasers with the price difference. This encourages people to pay for things that they feel is worth it without fear that they might "lose" value if the price changes. It also helps the devs to find a good price for their services/items that allows it to sell well.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:15 am

Bobba wrote:
That is still bad. Sometimes I do 5 battles or so in a row (normal difficulty), and going back to the barracks to cancel the healing process of the units after each battle, (probably including losing the healing costs for the damage done) would be a waste of my time and gold. I guess there some people who could find it useful but if you made it optional on a per-battle basis it would be useful to more people, which would therefore get more people to buy it as a premium, and less people to get angry that they bought it. I still don't think it should be premium, but either way it would be best to make it optional per battle by a button. Canceling the healing after every battle is not an acceptable work around for people who like to do several battles in a row with the same army (especially when it's much easier when you wouldn't have the premium), and making people who just payed money on a free game upset about their purchase is always a bad thing, even if it is only a small number of people who are angered by it.

As for all Premiums, some work for some players and some don't. It is not mandatory to buy that Premium if it doesn't suit your playing style.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:19 am

Good post Hegorn.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 am

To be honest, paying money for a feature that saves me the maybe 1 time in 2 or 3 days I would forget to heal after a battle..well let me just say auto collect make much more sense to me but this is not supposed to be a bash on such a feature!

Pretty sure some will love it and then it is "Job well done". For me the only thing that could tempt me (those that dislike premium players will hate this) would be if the auto healing results in a reasonable faster healing time as well. It is money that is invested after all.

VIP= 20% more production and auto collect! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The magic button...   The magic button... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The magic button...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next