Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cavalry - OP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HoopyFrood

Cavalry - OP Empty
PostSubject: Cavalry - OP   Cavalry - OP I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Speaking as one who has neither cavalry nor artillery, and probably never will, it appears to me that cavs are OP, and artillery are UP. I’ll discuss cavalry here, having already discussed artillery elsewhere.

When I’ve fought alongside (non-dwarf) cavalry, they typically go charging into a sea of enemies, heedless of any danger, often winning against three or four enemy units at once. This should not be.

Historically, cavalry are devastating against archers and undisciplined troops, but virtually impotent against well-disciplined infantry, particularly spearmen. In game terms, this could be simulated by giving them attack and defense scores comparable to HI (no greater), but dividing both by two when confronting LI or HI head-on (i.e. with no flank bonus).

In reality, there are as many different kinds of cavalry as there are infantry. For game terms, it would make sense to distinguish light cavalry, heavy cavalry, and ranged-attack cavalry (like the Mongols or American Indians). That doesn’t necessarily mean every race would have access to all three. Elves might have only light and ranged cavalry; dwarves might have only heavy cavalry; and so on. Probably only humans would have all three. Light cavalry could be introduced much earlier in the technology progression, perhaps on a par with heavy infantry, or even archers.
Back to top Go down
Mephy

Cavalry - OP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cavalry - OP   Cavalry - OP I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Its because in coop the enemies use no gear, and you probably saw a high level high gear cavalry. Ungeared cavalry is food even for LI
Back to top Go down

Cavalry - OP
Page 1 of 1