Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heroes in cavalry units

Go down 
+2
Claudandus
Ulfriden
6 posters

Do you think the cavalry units should be available to have heroes in?
YES, cavalry units should have heroes
Heroes in cavalry units I_vote_lcap71%Heroes in cavalry units I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
NO, they should not
Heroes in cavalry units I_vote_lcap29%Heroes in cavalry units I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

Heroes in cavalry units Empty
PostSubject: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:13 am

Cavalry units are amazing and funny, fast and powerful.
Heroes in history always fought riding their horse, and when they choosed to fight as infantry this was recorded (example: King Henry V in Azincourt battleground, when he fought side by side with his few and tired soldiers without keeping his chance to flee. One of the most extraordinary victories in the past).

Having heroes in cavalry units should be permitted then.
Another good reason is the actual cp calculation. Having an hero on every unit raise the amount of cp in insane and suicides. So, this lead to the decision to not pick a cav for a heavy, for this lower the total cp gained. Another reason to leave ironforts to the rust.

Also, having cavalry with heroes could counter the overpower of the ranged in the current system, having a bit tougher unit running toward the archers could be a challenge (at least they have the chance to touch them...).
The cavalry remains vulnerable to fire, and heroes will die fast, so i believe this won t alter the game too much.
The reasons to not allow heroes in cavalry units surely were good, but since that time the game changed a lot and many times, so i guess it is time to reconsider this restriction.  study 
Vote and express your opinion Wink
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 am

Since heros are one trooper of a unit comprised of 16, 20 or 25 units. A cav hero being part of cavalry seems a little odd, especially for dwarven cav. The entire ironfort would be replaced by one single hero, only adapting the morale value, movement speed and reaction of the initial unit.

I would like to be able to field heros as a sepearate unit. Somewhat like a second cav with the hero only.
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Re: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 pm

It seems to me that a cavalry unit of 4 is a touch odd but it is what it is. I think a hero in the unit might keep them from being snuffed like a candle by opposing archers so I'm for it.

Dren
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm

It might end up being a godlike hero with 30 mov in pvp, with more attack rounds than other units. Impact cavs could use their ability and flee a lot (extra morale rolls from hero, quick recovery etc..)...
In pve it'd be cool I guess, in pvp 100% not. Way worse than current archer OPness.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:41 pm

I feel they'd be almost entirely useless, really. The biggest benefit of heroes over the average unit is their high health - and heroes actually have less health than the average cavalry.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Tops wrote:
I feel they'd be almost entirely useless, really. The biggest benefit of heroes over the average unit is their high health - and heroes actually have less health than the average cavalry.

That is only in elven, orc, dwarven case but I like claundandus idea of instead of replacing a CAV unit it should be added as a extra unit to don`t cause trouble (I would love is they were added as a extra unit instead of replacing another especially when I put my level 1 heroes on my GL HI and replace one of those deadly killers for a unuseful hero for more ap and don't help in anything) Imagine that dwarves will be able to have 2 of those deadly steel machines instead of one, orc and elven CAV will have 3 very tough CAV instead of 2 and will increase a lot the endurance of the 4 health CAV because they will have a 5th CAV and with very tough health (think hero health cap is 22) another thing I suggest is that heroes ap should be changed based on the kind of unit they are, units with faster reaction, better ability, higther morale, faster speed the ap should be higher than units with crappy abilities, very slow reaction, low movement speed and morale because these are the stats shared with heroes (not sure is the reaction speed of a unit affect the reaction of a hero we think they attack 2 times faster than the unit they are, probably when in a unit with 8 reaction probably heroes reaction is 4 but really don`t know)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes in cavalry units   Heroes in cavalry units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes in cavalry units
Page 1 of 1