Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Racial Bonus Revamps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
athose

Racial Bonus Revamps Empty
PostSubject: Racial Bonus Revamps   Racial Bonus Revamps I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am

Lets face it, most of the racial bonuses are terrible. They need a revamp.

Here's my suggestions, feel free to critique.

Elves--Increased research speed seems rather lack luster, how about a reduce in research cost instead? Most people spend more time gathering resources than they do actually researching a tech.

Humans--Their 5% resource generation is actually pretty awesome, Although I still think production buildings production needs to be increased (so it doesn't take a month to recoup the resources spent)

Dwarves--BROKENI I asked a non-dwarf with the same research what his fail chance would be on an identical 2/1 uncommon/common craft attempt, and the % was the same, so the dwarves don't actually get their racial bonus! That, and I don't know of anyone that actually crafts without a full compliment of a type of fragment. The chance of failure is too risky. At least until you've got the 4th level of 'increased chance' research.

ORC--Upgrade buildings faster is SLIGHTLY more helpful than research IMO, but still--reduced resource cost would actually ya know... be noticeable

Dark Legion--More command moves? I don't think I have -EVER- ran out of command moves. Perhaps if someone NEVER does coop (which doesn't require commands) they would find an issue with this, but it seems very lackluster... almost non-existant to any but the most hardcore of speed gamers. I'm not sure what to replace it with, perhaps a faster unit healing rate? (which would allow them to attack faster, with less downtime. And I can certainly see lore-reasons why demons from hell would heal faster than normal races!.... although this would encroach on the undead bonus) Maybe a % increase to the number of CP they generate in combat? (careful with this, could seriously sway the balance of power... I'm not really sold on it, it just seemed similar to their current bonus)

Undead-faster healing rate is great for their more numerous units, and now that their 'never flee' is worked, they're much tougher on the battlefield! (their archers are SO annoying!)
Back to top Go down
spyro_mkd

PostSubject: Re: Racial Bonus Revamps   Racial Bonus Revamps I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 am

I support this.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Racial Bonus Revamps   Racial Bonus Revamps I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:34 am

Elves - I dont disagree that reduced cost would be more useful to more people. Reduced time is useful for those who can maintain high resource production (often paying players).

Humans - Its 3%. Not 5%. It is still pretty nice compared to most, but if your resources ever get full, you are effectively zeroing out this bonus.

Dwarves - yea. It could use a redesign. A few other threads have talked about this and I've posted some of my ideas there.

Orc-- Useless after maxing out buildings (which takes a rather long time).

Dark Legion--More command moves? Its actually kinda nice for farming gold. I often farm through hards with an army that takes little to no losses. I dont heal in between unless I make some glaring mistake that forces me to. At that point, I heal that army, switch to a different army and do a Co-Op. Much faster gold gains due to the ability to speed up solo PvE.

Undead have it pretty good all around now.
Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: Racial Bonus Revamps   Racial Bonus Revamps I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 am

Elf and Orc could make some change. The dwarven would be fine, as long as it works (and it probably does, just doesn't display). Undead is great overall, so is Human and Dark Legion later in the game (you RUN out of command points if you're playing properly after unlocking hard or nightmare, their rewards are better than coops).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racial Bonus Revamps   Racial Bonus Revamps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racial Bonus Revamps
Page 1 of 1