Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Racial researches ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khor

Khor

Racial researches ? Empty
PostSubject: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:02 am

It would add more flavor and be less silly if each race had differences in there research tree, either removing/adding certain things in the current tree or just adding a racial tab.

Even better would be adding mutually exclusive researches so you can customize yourself a bit differently than others of the same race.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:27 am

Khor wrote:
It would add more flavor and be less silly if each race had differences in there research tree, either removing/adding certain things in the current tree or just adding a racial tab.

Even better would be adding mutually exclusive researches so you can customize yourself a bit differently than others of the same race.

I like the Racial tab idea. Perhaps the Racial differences can be activated through Research. Example Elves have lower Reaction time, so turn this into a Racial Research. This will add to the Lore and provide crucial differences to all Races, have a more believable Tech Tree.

Similarly, there could in the future be added some more Research that unlocks all those Race Specific Units.

In short +1

Embarassed

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Khor wrote:

I like it. Allow us to complete Guild Warfare first? Wink
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:19 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Khor wrote:

I like it. Allow us to complete Guild Warfare first? Wink

What exactly does the Guild Warfare all entail?
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I just wanna know if its guild wars between any guild, or just faction vs faction guilds.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Khor wrote:

I like the idea. Mutual exclusivity is definitely important. They should be attractive and incomparable choices that are difficult to make yet offer equally viable changes to gameplay. It is a great way to differentiate players from one another. Adding meaningful choice to progression is always a good thing.

That said, I think mutually exclusive choices that affect combat (talents/skills/abilities/etc) should be at the individual unit level and not at the player level / All unit level. Mutually exclusive talent trees per unit type would work too, but the ability to specialize individual units opens more options for interesting army compositions.

At the player level, mutual exclusivity for things that support combat are good. Think crafting times/chances and resource income and repair slots and healing times (a lot of the stuff already in the research trees). Things that support guild warfare would be a good option for mutual exclusivity at the player level too. It will encourage social gameplay if some different players specialize in different things that the guild needs.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Khor wrote:
I just wanna know if its guild wars between any guild, or just faction vs faction guilds.
It is vs any guild. The idea is that as you push deeper into enemy faction territory, it becomes harder to gain more enemy territory, and so it is more attractive to attack friendly guilds to expand your guild's power.

As your faction loses territory, it becomes easier to gain more territory than to attack other guilds and thus more attractive for guilds to work together and push against the enemy faction.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:45 pm

So in other words, 'reason rhymes with treason'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racial researches ?   Racial researches ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racial researches ?
Page 1 of 1