Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kickstart the game again!

Go down 
+2
ysosad
Boboknack
6 posters

Increase the amount of command points slighty?
Yes
Kickstart the game again! I_vote_lcap45%Kickstart the game again! I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
No
Kickstart the game again! I_vote_lcap55%Kickstart the game again! I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Boboknack

Boboknack

Kickstart the game again! Empty
PostSubject: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:12 am

May I suggest an increase of command points(maybe 20-30 instead of only 10)?

Its getting increasingly more and more difficult finding a coop partner and its personally resulting in me logging off after I've spend/spent my 10 command points.  Mad 

The increase in command points would make players hang around longer, hopefully increasing the overall activity.(Maybe remove the feature when and if activity picks up a bit?)

Maybe doing 1 coop battle could result in gaining 1 command point(maybe half a command point, an actual reward for doing a coop battle?)

Please leave a comment as well. Increasing the amount of command points may have an affect on the coop battle mode(Positive or negative, I don't know?)

Last edited by Boboknack on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:53 am

I voted no.

I did so not because I don't agree with the sentiment or that something should be changed...I completely agree on both of those counts. However, I think that it makes more sense to allow coops to partner one with an AI partner after a short-ish wait in the coop queue.

As much as I would like more CmPs, I don't think that it is the place we should look for solutions for the coop problem.

Sorry Bobo.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:19 am

ysosad wrote:
I voted no.

I did so not because I don't agree with the sentiment or that something should be changed...I completely agree on both of those counts. However, I think that it makes more sense to allow coops to partner one with an AI partner after a short-ish wait in the coop queue.

As much as I would like more CmPs, I don't think that it is the place we should look for solutions for the coop problem.

Sorry Bobo.

Ok, but what are the chances of the dev's making the AI acceptable to coop with?

When a player disconnects in coop, the AI rushes blindly forward without a care in the world.

My guess is that it would do the same, if the AI coop battle got implemented now?(And how long would a player have to wait, 2, 3 or 5 minutes? I doubt, I would stick around for 3-5 minutes. But ok, its better than nothing)

Considering how long we have to wait for any kind of changes in this game, the AI coop battle feature could be months away. It would be much easier adjusting the command points.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:39 am

Boboknack wrote:
ysosad wrote:
I voted no.

Sorry Bobo.

Ok, but what are the chances of the dev's making the AI acceptable to coop with?

When a player disconnects in coop, the AI rushes blindly forward without a care in the world.

My guess is that it would do the same, if the AI coop battle got implemented now?(And how long would a player have to wait, 2, 3 or 5 minutes? I doubt, I would stick around for 3-5 minutes. But ok, its better than nothing)

Considering how long we have to wait for any kind of changes in this game, the AI coop battle feature could be months away. It would be much easier adjusting the command points.

An alternative: if a player waits in the coop queue for 2 minutes without getting a partner, a command point is added.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:41 am

Maybe the HC knows more/better, but I don't think AI-partnered coop will be implemented soon nor easily. Bobo's idea is an excellent one, imo. Coop has been problematic, let alone pvp. If you want some immediate balancing (dark cp-production), this is a simple, fast and effective way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:43 am

ysosad wrote:
Boboknack wrote:
ysosad wrote:
I voted no.

Sorry Bobo.

An alternative: if a player waits in the coop queue for 2 minutes without getting a partner, a command point is added.

I like that!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Ok, after some thinking.. I can't agree with those particular suggestions.

Bobo_the_ork wrote:
The increase in command points would make players hang around longer, hopefully increasing the overall activity.(Maybe remove the feature when and if activity picks up a bit?)

Maybe doing 1 coop battle could result in gaining 1 command point(maybe half a command point, an actual reward for doing a coop battle?)

Ok if we get more cmps, people would either logout without spending all and feeling they wasted some, or do all and are even less likely to coop. At least on darkside there are constant talking about 'will coop when i spend my cmps, or 'few more solos to go, then coop'. That'd increase cps, yup, but hurt coops.  bounce 

That reminds me - now coop reward-wise is way too low anyway.. low cps, long battle, long to wait... Let's ask devs for a slight increase in coop CP cap? To 150 or such?
Also the AI partner.. which is crazy and hard to win, but better than nothing.
Some noobish people would constantly die though, if they hide around, but overall it's a good suggestion. (and no, we haven't talked abt it in HC yet :p)

ysosad wrote:

Few things:
-if someone is high level and constantly skipped.. it's a free way to keep getting cmps... or at night.. More than 10 cmps per hour if lucky?
If I wanted to exploit this, sure, wait for slow hours, get the 2 mins cmp, do a solo, heal the solo team while sitting inq again.. Free 400 CPs x as long as I'm awake, every few mins, 20k+ potential CPs a day.  cheers 
-if people wait 2 mins trying to coop.. and someone else wants to coop.. it actually hurts the CPs if they do match.. otherwise they would both generate a cmp and do a solo each.. if capped it's 200 for coop or 800-900 for those 2 solos. How would that solve anything?
I almost imagine people complaining why someone matched them then, while they were idling in coop q generating cmps.

I guess less wait (and no reward for waiting which isn't related to coops!) and more benefit to coops might increase the activity.

So.. AI partner after 5 mins.. Perhaps increasing coop speed. More cps per coop. Coop counting as 2 battles in victory calculations?
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Fyrr wrote:
Ok, after some thinking.. I can't agree with those particular suggestions.

Bobo_the_ork wrote:

Ok if we get more cmps, people would either logout without spending all and feeling they wasted some, or do all and are even less likely to coop. At least on darkside there are constant talking about 'will coop when i spend my cmps, or 'few more solos to go, then coop'. That'd increase cps, yup, but hurt coops.  bounce 

That reminds me - now coop reward-wise is way too low anyway.. low cps, long battle, long to wait... Let's ask devs for a slight increase in coop CP cap? To 150 or such?
Also the AI partner.. which is crazy and hard to win, but better than nothing.
Some noobish people would constantly die though, if they hide around, but overall it's a good suggestion. (and no, we haven't talked abt it in HC yet :p)

ysosad wrote:

Few things:
-if someone is high level and constantly skipped.. it's a free way to keep getting cmps... or at night.. More than 10 cmps per hour if lucky?
If I wanted to exploit this, sure, wait for slow hours, get the 2 mins cmp, do a solo, heal the solo team while sitting inq again.. Free 400 CPs x as long as I'm awake, every few mins, 20k+ potential CPs a day.  cheers 
-if people wait 2 mins trying to coop.. and someone else wants to coop.. it actually hurts the CPs if they do match.. otherwise they would both generate a cmp and do a solo each.. if capped it's 200 for coop or 800-900 for those 2 solos. How would that solve anything?
I almost imagine people complaining why someone matched them then, while they were idling in coop q generating cmps.

I guess less wait (and no reward for waiting which isn't related to coops!) and more benefit to coops might increase the activity.

So.. AI partner after 5 mins.. Perhaps increasing coop speed. More cps per coop. Coop counting as 2 battles in victory calculations?

Alternatives (take 2): maybe throw them into a hard solo, or give an earmarked CmP for nightmare and down.

Either way, I think we can agree that it would be an interim solution until AI Coop partners are available.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm

ysosad wrote:
Alternatives (take 2): maybe throw them into a hard solo, or give an earmarked CmP for nightmare and down.

Oh, for the same amount of cps... that's actually cool :p
(except people who'd complain about losing item durability in low solos.. but eh..)

please don't quote my horrible text walls... :p
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:55 am

i don t like the idea of AI partner in coop. I like the solution for pvp, but not for cooperative battles.
Abot a shorter time for cp regeneration (=> more cp) i like the idea, but not with a great change. Something like 25 min instead of 30 for 1 more cp could be the max increase imo, maybe already too much being over +15%.
And, more cp = less coopers available.

I think the solution could be the AI for pvp with already winner armies by other real players, recorded by the game system.

So, if u cannot find a cooper, u can fight a (challenging) pvp match!
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:31 pm

IMO the main problem with co-ops right now are just the fact that they don't reward the player much.

High level players can make a lot more resources and get a lot more frags from doing Suicides and even Insanes. The reasoning's fair enough - suicide and insane are a lot harder than coop - but the fact is that the same applies to lower level solos. People don't do those because they don't find it worth their time, and the same can happen with coop.

Want more people to join coop? Scale the rewards with your army's AP. Let lower level players get the current amount, and higher level ones get more / rarer frags, and more resources.

Right now the only two reasons people coop are FCT and because command points limit solos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstart the game again!   Kickstart the game again! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstart the game again!
Page 1 of 1