Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CO-OP suggestion

Go down 
+2
Owen2007
LordRed
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LordRed

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:33 am

play a game, get matched with a high lvl player, they are lvl 16 all gl me using lvl 1 HI. do i even need to say what happens (cannon and lvl 16 LI = my corpse) i was hoping there would be a chance of like tiers coming to co-op. if not... im just gona need more gold for the medics.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Owen2007

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 am

I don't think CO-OP tiers would be a good idea. It can be difficult to get a partner now without additional limitations on pairings. Plus, lower level players already get a boost in the level of their units.

Try adapting your strategy when you are paired with a higher level player. Try hiding behind their units and swooping in for some easier flanking kills after they are engaged. Don't forget that you can always retreat before your units die so they can still gain experience.
Back to top Go down
LordRed

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:54 am

but that bonus only gives a small lvl boost ..it would appear to me that that doesn't include the boost ( e.g. demons ancient hatred) or the GL items the enemy units appear to be using...
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Generally the other player takes care of the game if you are low level . Just move with his units and flee if you are dying .. It doesnt take much time to level up.
I have seen newbs being all "honorable" and not fleeing thinking that they are ...
If you are one of them then Nobody can help you.
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:32 am

LordRed wrote:
play a game, get matched with a high lvl player, they are lvl 16 all gl me using lvl 1 HI. do i even need to say what happens (cannon and lvl 16 LI = my corpse) i was hoping there would be a chance of like tiers coming to co-op. if not... im just gona need more gold for the medics.  Evil or Very Mad

I agree that this is annoying, but playing with high level players has benefits too (learning strategy, using them as cover while you flank, etc). I have suggested that there be two coop modes, regular and "hard" but that doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon.

For now I would suggest saying something like "new army, low level inq" in faction chat before entering the coop q - you will have a better chance of being matched with someone closer to your level.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:18 am

Owen2007 wrote:
I don't think CO-OP tiers would be a good idea.  It can be difficult to get a partner now without additional limitations on pairings.  Plus, lower level players already get a boost in the level of their units.

Try adapting your strategy when you are paired with a higher level player.  Try hiding behind their units and swooping in for some easier flanking kills after they are engaged.  Don't forget that you can always retreat before your units die so they can still gain experience.

Sometimes it is so hard to find a coop mate that tiers would make it nearly impossible Very Happy
In coop u must adapt ur playing to the terrain, the enemy, your buddy and many other things. For example, cooping with a mate with ranged is far different from a mate with lia cav army or a full melee army.
So, be flexible and learn the way of the warrior.
Back to top Go down
LordRed

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 am

Quote :
Try adapting your strategy when you are paired with a higher level player.

i try but when the enemy has GL items and i have no items, they are 6 levels higher than me and the higher level is using me as bait! (yes i bloody noticed  Mad !!) its hard to survive
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 am

LordRed wrote:

Quote :
Try adapting your strategy when you are paired with a higher level player.

i try but when the enemy has GL items and i have no items, they are 6 levels higher than me and the higher level is using me as bait! (yes i bloody noticed  Mad !!) its hard to survive

New players that fight with me have a very difficult time, no matter what either of us do. Even a rear leads to my partner losing most of his unit...if s/he is a skellie the unit is basically doomed.

(Me) Level 20 units + (Partner) level 1-3 units (boosted to 11-12) = no fun for either of us.
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Maybe the trick is to adjust the boost to the lower level player to a level that is higher than (or equal to, in the case of level 20) the level of the partner. This way, the lower level player is slightly compensated for inferior gear.

Of course, this should only be in cases where the discrepancy between the two coop players is more than X levels (5? 10? TBD?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CO-OP suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CO-OP suggestion    CO-OP suggestion  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CO-OP suggestion
Page 1 of 1