Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Archers movement(except Elf)

Go down 
+3
Scaren
Ulfriden
Rexxxar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rexxxar

Rexxxar

Archers movement(except Elf) Empty
PostSubject: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 5:31 am

I just noticed that most races' Archers are very slow(except ofc the Elves).

Why is this? They travel lighter than LI with only bows and arrows so why are they so slow?

What I am suggesting is a slight increase in archers' movement speed but Elven archers to stay a bit faster(their current speed)than the rest(to represent their skill in archery and speed). And modify UD Archers to maybe the 2nd fastest Archers(after Elves) in the game cause even though they are not as fast as Elves they are basically naked  pale  so they don't carry ANY weight except the bows and arrows.

-Rexxxar
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 am

Skeletons may be naked but they move slowly due they are undead controlled monsters, never fast in any world and game Wink

But i agree on the general suggestion.

PS: i suggest for archers the defend the ground option. Stand and shoot to any foe who enters in LOS (line of sight).
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 1:00 pm

This would just encourage kiting... something that is already a problem especially with elven archers. Kiting is a viable tactic but it is much to powerful right now considering the strength of archers.
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 6:49 pm

More kite, great, if at leat we had faster LiAs...
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 pm

suggest increase all LIA movement cap to 22 instead of increase more archers movement and then see more players kitting  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:23 pm

right points- In absolute meaning the archers should be faster bearing low or no armor, but in the game this would lead to increase a plague lik kitting (he talked about all but elves in truth)
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Vmomo wrote:
More kite, great, if at least we had faster LiAs...

I'm still puzzled why the devs haven't uncapped LIA-movement yet. They don't wear any armor whatsoever and yet their top speed does not exceed their armor wearing LI counterparts. It would be such an easy, neat and logical fix.

Archers do wear armor, LIA don't.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 am

Imagine how interesting the system would become if wearing an armor would penalise movement on its own.

Say we would increase all base movement of units and penalise -1 move for a armor+endu roll on the armor above 20 and a -2 move roll for above 40.

In that case if some units chose to not wear armor, they could be faster. We could then see HI with gl artifacts and NO armors to make them go faster. I also agree that lia should be the fastest infantry by default.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archers movement(except Elf)   Archers movement(except Elf) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archers movement(except Elf)
Page 1 of 1