Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Formations & commands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfshield

Formations & commands Empty
PostSubject: Formations & commands   Formations & commands I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:56 pm

everyone wants them, But only a few people has recommend any actual formation Ideas. so I wish to remedy this with some situation.

BASIC FORMATIONS = these things quick one shouldn't require any research and all units should be able to use them.

loose spread= troops spread out to cover a wider area and and also range units have rougher time hitting man. more susceptible to melee attacks.

tighten spread= opposite of loose spread

RESEARCH REQUIRED= formations that need to be research, are are tied to a particular type of troop.

Phalanx/shield wall = in this formation your troop tighten up and point their defenses forward. improve defenses when attack from the front, but suffer from flanks attacks worse then usual and slow movements. melee infantry only

Turtle= guys form into a square that greatly improve arrow and bolt Resistance. slow movement and if attack by melee units shall suffer. also bonus defense from range doesn't apply against siege weapons and Gunsmiths( just a little something for the dwarfs). Melee infantry only.

hedgehog= unflankable formation, but cannot move. Melee infantry only

triangle= cavalry unit shall form in triangle that increase damaged in first attack, but can't turn as well and suffer even more then usual if attack.

Flaming arrows= not really formation, but it's a continual attack. when active enemies suffers a greater loss in morale, but arrows are less accurate and/or do less damaged. gunsmiths and cannons do not get access to this formation.

COMMANDS= these are different from formation because they are more like active skills that only last a short time or can only use under certain situations and have cool downs. also they all got to be research and most require a hero in the unit.

Battle cry/ battle yell/ charge= increase speed and attack for few seconds, but then the units suffer from decrease in attack and defense.

cavalry rush= one of a few commands that don't require a hero. cavalry units run through all units until they get to their target, attacking enemies along the way. Though while using this command they are more likely to die.
also if they spread out to much their passive ability suffers too.

Careful aim- Archer command that give a unit more missile skilled for single volley, but the volley take longer to aim.

There you have it. I realize it skimpy in some areas, so expect edits and if you guys have any ideal that would be good too. thanks
Edit 1
what did I tell you, not even five minutes and I already got a edit.
The formations and commands should have hot keys and should have some kind of shout and maybe vision sign of what you selected.
Edit 2
continual charge name change to cavalry rush.
remove rally and ready the line.
added careful aim
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: Formations & commands   Formations & commands I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

I have made some changes to the commands.
Back to top Go down
Jervaj

Jervaj

PostSubject: Re: Formations & commands   Formations & commands I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:16 am

Im copying a post made in the kongregate forum talking about the topic that may throw some ideas to compliment yours.

Quote :
I think that something like battle formation would help adding some deeper tactics and it doesnt need to be very complicated. Just with the units spacing we can make some play.

As example for infantry it could be:

Closed Ranks:

-Occuppy less space on field
-Moves slower
-Takes more damage from archers and artillery
-Gets small defensive bonus against mellee infantry
-Gets big defensive bonus aganst cavalry
-Easier to flank (due to smaller size) but less benefits gotten from it (not such a big defense decrease as they are well packed together)
-More difficult to flank with it (due to been the soldiers closer its more difficult to wrap arround the enemy) but more benefits of doing it (more damage increase)

Normal Formation:

-Default values (might have to get tweaked to fit with the others but thats up to the developers to balance it)

Wide Formation:

-Occuppy more space on the field
-Faster movement
-Takes less damage from archer and artillery
-Get small defensive malus against mellee infantry
-Get big defensive malus against chavalry
-More difficult to flank (due to bigger size) but more benefits of doing it (more defense derease)
-More easier to flank (for the opposite reasons than in closed ranks) but less benefits of doing it (less damage increase)

For chavalry maybe it would have to been diferent geting more atack maybe instead of defense when they ride close (more charge force) or any other ideas others may have.

This is just a raw suggestion but I think just soemthing like this could add a lot of tactical influence to battles.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Formations & commands   Formations & commands I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:40 am

We are definitely not against the implementation of formations/stances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formations & commands   Formations & commands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formations & commands
Page 1 of 1