Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Destructible terrain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khor

Khor

Destructible terrain Empty
PostSubject: Destructible terrain   Destructible terrain I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:25 am

Any chance that siege weapons (some siege weapons at least) can destroy destructible terrain ? Catapults could trash trees and structures, while cannons could destroy rocks and buildings, and ballista could destroy buildings (since that just makes the most sense, plus balance) This would give siege weapons a big support component ontop of just shooting enemies.

Yes it is a bit random depending on what cover which side of the map gets, but if theirs no cover to blow up then your siege can just kill people instead.

Also, i was thinking how the dwarven cavalry wasnt 'really' a cavalry since it doesnt fulfill its role. I likened it to archers with 5 range but high strength/missile. Then i thought, those would be awesome. Like in BFME2, dwarves got Axe throwers, way way less range, much more durable and they hurt. I'd use those.

BUT BACK TO THE POINT OF THAT PARAGRAPH. Siege weapons dont need to be long range. I could see MELEE siege weapons (kind of like the cavalry) like a shredder vehicle or a large stompy demon/bone golem. These could SMASH obstacles like a siege weapon.
Back to top Go down

Destructible terrain
Page 1 of 1