Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)

Go down 
+9
Scaren
uflb999
ExtoZi
Pyr
Wave_Rida
Fyrr
XViper
Savvage
Awass
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Does leveling units take too long?
It should be a lot faster
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
It should be a little faster
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap61%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 61% [ 23 ]
It's fine as it is
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
It should be a little slower
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
It should be a lot slower
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Claudandus

Claudandus

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:04 am

Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:
A training facility incorporated in the city sounds good to me. XP for gold is a good idea to balance the market some more as well. +1

No  No  No  No  No 
That won't work out that good because then it defeats the purpose of battle.

If it were so players would level their units with the gold the whole time and never battle and only begin battles when they have a huge, strong army. That way they'll have no or very little battle experience. The gem buyers would love it because when they buy a new unit they can instantly level it up to a higher level.

Lets just say that only 25% of the total exp gained by a unit can origin from training in the training facilities. That way nobody can get high lvl units just by paying gold to the dojo master.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:22 am

Claudandus wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:
A training facility incorporated in the city sounds good to me. XP for gold is a good idea to balance the market some more as well. +1

No  No  No  No  No 

If it were so players would level their units with the gold the whole time and never battle and only begin battles when they have a huge, strong army. That way they'll have no or very little battle experience. The gem buyers would love it because when they buy a new unit they can instantly level it up to a higher level.

Lets just say that only 25% of the total exp gained by a unit can origin from training in the training facilities. That way nobody can get high lvl units just by paying gold to the dojo master.

Lower that to 15% to minimize gem buyer's advantage.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 am

I dont care. I just would like my troops to do something useful while I'm gone. Those drunken skellie lack discipline.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 am

Easy solution(summary of all proposals with small tweaks.):

Changes:

1. If units die in battle they only lose 25% of XP gained in battle (or none if there is a bigger demand for it.)

2. There should be a tech line that grants no fame as reward but allows a + on XP gained in battles. i.e : 5th tech in line gives 25% increase in XP gain.

3. Can purchase XP with gold BUT only 10-15%
of current unit XP can be bought. i.e: you're unit has 34k XP you can buy say 3.4k XP if on a 10% rate.

4. There can be a base XP gain per unit level so units can be sure to gain XP for every battle. Maybe 25 XP per level under level 5, 15 XP per level under level 10 and 10 xp per battle for units under lvl 20.

5. Get more barracks slots for more units and raise the caps on unit levels to level 25. Units under level 25 can get 5 xp per unit level (look to point 4).

6. Players can stall their units XP gain for PVP reasons. But the units still get their base XP per lvl for battles.

7.  Let the Barracks give a XP gain per level. Starting at lvl 1 gives 3% more XP that you get for the battle. (XP bonus is based on XP gained after all other bonuses.)

I am not stealing others ideas, just tweaking them to what I think is acceptable and summarizing  them.

-Gimlithedrunk255.

---------------------------------------------
Radiant Guardians member. king
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:

No  No  No  No  No 

If anything this idea would limit gem buyers. This would allow non gemmers another way to upgrade their units besides an endless grind.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Scaren wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:

No  No  No  No  No 

If anything this idea would limit gem buyers. This would allow non gemmers another way to upgrade their units besides an endless grind.

Actually gem buyers would buy the gold via gems and then level up quicker.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Gimli wrote:
Scaren wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:

No  No  No  No  No 

They can already buy exp with gems. This would only be a second option for them. Not sure if you are getting the whole picture. Right now the only way to "buy" exp is through gems. If they made exp an option to buy with gold then non gemmers could "buy" exp.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Scaren wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Scaren wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:

No  No  No  No  No 

They can already buy exp with gems. This would only be a second option for them. Not sure if you are getting the whole picture. Right now the only way to "buy" exp is through gems. If they made exp an option to buy with gold then non gemmers could "buy" exp.

I do get the point. It's just that the gem buyers could buy XP more effectively if it were so because then they can spend less gems for tons of xp.

No point in arguing so i'm done with the XP buying argument.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Gimli wrote:
Scaren wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Scaren wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Claudandus wrote:

No  No  No  No  No 

I do get the point. It's just that the gem buyers could buy XP more effectively if it were so because then they can spend less gems for tons of xp.

No point in arguing so i'm done with the XP buying argument.

If XP for gold was added, it would have to be more expensive than the gems for experience.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 1:01 am

Its a raw idea. If the option is limited to significant degree everyone could still be happy. We are definitely not talking about the end to battles. You can limit it in many ways:

- xp gaining speed
- training cost
- diminishing returns
- increasing cost
- limited times of use per time frame
- necessity to generate CP before next training can be initiated (e.g. for every 1k xp trained in the facility 3k xp have to be gained in real combat)
In the end it would add some options to get levels faster while helping to ballance economy (make it cost wood and gold for the wooden swords they´d use lol), and even add an afk activity the game lacks.

A great side idea i had along this suggestion back then was to allow players to hire advanced units. They would cost a LOT more, they would be limited to your best unit of same type already in the army (if you have lvl 20 LI you can hire lvl 12 LI insta, if you have only lvl 15 LI you can hire max lvl 7 LI). This is mostly because it took the player half a year to level his army, and suddenly he needs a new Lia, but to level it from scratch .. he´d rather not bother at all. So that insta lia would cost gems or a lot of gold or a mix of resources/gold/gems.

Oh and all those gem related posts, how else do you want to make the game successful, devs need to eat too.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm

@ I noticed that when my LI that I mentioned previously on this thread EVENTUALLY reached level 8, 4 of my other units ( 1 other LI, 2 LIA and 1 HI) leveled up twice  in 1 day ( in the case of the LI only 1 level).

How is it that I struggled 2 months( excluding inactivity) to get my LI from lvl 7 to lvl 8 and 2 days to get 4 units from level 6 to lvl 7. Laughing  Question 

One of my LIA was level 5 before this time and after the 2 days got to level 7.

Please explain to me whether it's a fault in the leveling systems or if it's just something else. ( NOTE: I have no XP bonus items.)

Last edited by Gimli on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:39 pm

XP requirements increase significantly per level.
Each level does not require the same amount. There is a 'curve', and it becomes very steep very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:05 am

XViper wrote:
XP requirements increase significantly per level.
Each level does not require the same amount. There is a 'curve', and it becomes very steep very quickly.

Does this necessarily mean that getting from lvl 5 to lvl 7 is quicker thaan lvl 7 to lvl 8?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:18 am

Yes.

Getting from Level 1 to Level 10 is 'probably' quicker than getting from 14 to 15.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:43 am

Here is a plot for HI until lvl 18, the curve is same for all units. Next level always takes about 30% more xp than previous one, (with linear i meant the slope change, but now i am not sure anymore).

Also lvl 1-10 takes significantly less xp than 14 to 15
(5 to 7 is less than 7 to 8 ).

To reach lvl 20 a HI unit needs a total of roughly 1,75-1,8 million xp. Peanuts for you hardcore gamers Wink

D'oh, yeah, that is why this topic is here.

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 ZoiUSRC
Back to top Go down
Awass

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Tibr wrote:
Here is a plot for HI until lvl 18, the curve is same for all units. Next level always takes about 30% more xp than previous one, (with linear i meant the slope change, but now i am not sure anymore).

Also lvl 1-10 takes significantly less xp than 14 to 15
(5 to 7 is less than 7 to 8 ).

To reach lvl 20 a HI unit needs a total of roughly 1,75-1,8 million xp. Peanuts for you hardcore gamers Wink

D'oh, yeah, that is why this topic is here.

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 ZoiUSRC
Thank you for the graph, Tibr. That's pretty much the problem right there.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Graph needs to be far less steep at the end that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 am

We are arguing about the felt duration it takes to level and we know how that curve looks like. What we dont know is how much xp does a unit gain when fighting other units.

I dont mind if that curve remains the same. But then the formula for xp should be tweaked, so that xp rewards from killed units also grow exponentially with their level.

(They grow already, just not as much as it would be needed to get on that huge slope past lvl 12)
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Tibr wrote:
We are arguing about the felt duration it takes to level and we know how that curve looks like. What we dont know is how much xp does a unit gain when fighting other units.

I dont mind if that curve remains the same. But then the formula for xp should be tweaked, so that xp rewards from killed units also grow exponentially with their level.

(They grow already, just not as much as it would be needed to get on that huge slope past lvl 12)

Pretty much all games have a type of "grind" in them. However in this game it seems beyond slow... It takes months to get units past level 10 and above. Considering that this is a flash game it seems like it shouldn't be such a grind.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 am

I had a battle vs UD( solo) a few min ago and 1 of my HI destroyed a LIA unit on its lonesome AND followed that up by aiding in 2 other fights..For that battle that specific HI only got 137 xp. Please tweak the xp mechanisms because if this is how im going to be generating xp from now on, its gonna take me months to get my HI to lvl 8( its lvl 7 atm).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2