Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)

Go down 
+9
Scaren
uflb999
ExtoZi
Pyr
Wave_Rida
Fyrr
XViper
Savvage
Awass
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Does leveling units take too long?
It should be a lot faster
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_lcap11%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
It should be a little faster
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_lcap61%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_rcap
 61% [ 23 ]
It's fine as it is
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_lcap26%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
It should be a little slower
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_lcap2%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
It should be a lot slower
Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_lcap0%Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Awass

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 am

Let me start by saying that I am free to play, so if the xp bonuses you can buy with gems and whatnot make leveling substantially easier, then please tell me because I understand that the game needs to make money somehow by incentivizing microtransactions. I also have only played up to Nightmare difficulty, so if Insane and Suicide are magical xp farms, please tell me that too. However, given that it's only a 25% bonus and the lack of a substantial xp increase going from Normal to Hard to Nightmare, I doubt both of these.

Here are my thoughts and suggestions:

I believe that the leveling should be faster, and in its current state it feels really grindy. It's starts out just fine, but as the levels progress, it starts taking really long to level up. It's essentially an exponential increase, based on powers of 2, in the amount of xp you need for each level with no substantial increase, not even linear, in the xp you gain from battle.

Now, I don't know the math that goes into how much xp you gain per battle, but I do know that it's completely based on kills, and if your unit dies, it does not gain any xp and loses whatever xp it has gained during the course of a battle.

My suggestion is that units should get a base amount of xp depending on their level, something like 10 xp per level, for example.
So a level 5 unit would be guaranteed at least 50 xp for every completed battle it was in, regardless of the number of kills it made and whether it died.
A level 6 unit would be guaranteed 60 xp, and so on.

Heroes would also grant an xp bonus equal to 1% per hero level.
So a level 5 hero would give its unit a 5% xp bonus, and a level 6 hero would give its unit a 6% xp bonus.

Some system like this could also be worked out for the xp gain of the heroes themselves.

The upshot of all this would be to give a clear and consistent linear xp gain rate increase to accompany to the exponential increase in xp required. That way, the ratio of xp required to xp gained would increase at a rate somewhere in between exponential (which gets really grindy, really fast) and linear (which is fast, easy, and boring). It would be a nice balance where the upper levels still take a while as they should, but the intervening steps don't take so insanely long. And of course, xp bonuses bought with gems would still apply to all this, so they'd still have the same effect.

Another note: I'm a more casual player compared to some of the titans of the BC world. I don't have time to play all that much, and I usually won't go beyond 1000 CP per day, but I do login everyday and try to do some battles. My suggestions would benefit everyone though, from someone like me just trying to level his army to someone who likes to change up their units a lot and wants to level up their 4 new artillery.

So with all that in mind, please discuss.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 pm

This thread depends...

If

Old Mechanics are what you're talking about, I'd vote 'a little bit faster'. Since the game was already so fun and fulfilling.
I don't see anything wrong with grinding. In fact, I thought of it as my obligation for personal wantings (frags, xp, rank) more than 'do it because exploit ahihihi'
After burning through my 12 CPs, I'd do a co-op or two then start PvPin, which I enjoy a lot.

If

Hades Mechanics are what you're talking about, I'd vote on something that isn't even on that poll, something that said 'a lot more faster!'
Looking on rankings and seeing how much CP people have currently, I'll I've been thinking is, 'Damn I could be top CP producer if I could just grind' And grinding is CP which can't be done on Hades :/
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Levelling units does appear to take far too long.

I think the 'experience curve' for the higher levels is too steep.
Anything after 14 or so becomes ridiculous.

If for no reason than restricting PvP play.
Unit levels in themselves mean very little after level 9. (When you max out your ability).
Only 3 stats per level means jack-all in the grand scheme of things.
But I do think the experience requirements for the upper end need to be reduced significantly. There are people that have been playing for over are close to a year, and they are still no where near level 20, and that's probably WITH XP bonuses.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Separate post for different info.

If the Devs could provide the XP numbers for various levels, so we can see the data all in one spot that would be nice. Then we could look at the current situation and come up with an educated decision based on the data at hand.

I'm assuming the XP requirements for races are the same?

A quick summary of some levels, and how quickly they jump.

Light Infantry
16: 499659
15: 384353
11: 120332

Archers (is this the same as Light Infantry? I dont have unit levels that match)
14: 354788
13: 272913

Heavy Infantry
15: 499659
10: 107884

Cavalry
16: 699523
11: 168465

Artillery
15: 480441
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:26 am

XViper wrote:
Levelling units does appear to take far too long.

I think the 'experience curve' for the higher levels is too steep.
Anything after 14 or so becomes ridiculous.

If for no reason than restricting PvP play.
Unit levels in themselves mean very little after level 9. (When you max out your ability).
Only 3 stats per level means jack-all in the grand scheme of things.
But I do think the experience requirements for the upper end need to be reduced significantly. There are people that have been playing for over are close to a year, and they are still no where near level 20, and that's probably WITH XP bonuses.
I think abilities should be multiplied, then individual ability levels divided accommodating the new levels. So something like:

Original: Fear

LvL 3, 15 melee penalties.
LvL 6, 25 melee penalties.
LvL 9, 35 melee penalties.

Recommended: Fear

LvL 3, 5 melee penalties.
LvL 6, 15 melee penalties.
LvL 9, 25 melee penalties.
LvL 12, 35 melee penalties.
LvL 15, 45 melee penalties.

LvL 3 units are now quite easy to do, so 5 melee penalties are OK.
LvL 15 units are had to obtain, therefor should have 45 melee penalties. LvL 15 is only plus 5 penalties per every 3 level ups.

OR:
Let's do this by looking at LvL 20s. So that's LvL 4s.

LvL 4, 10 melee penalties.
LvL 8, 20 melee penalties.
LvL 12, 30 melee penalties.
LvL 16, 40 melee penalties.
LvL 20, 50 melee penalties.

Hmm, and wondering. With each LvL up that ability also levels up, does the + 3 come in or only when there's a level up without ability level ups?

Level ups only give + 3, I think they should get higher ones Smile Maybe double and double LvL up AP?
This could also help with the repairing problem, where veterans always have 25 + items waiting for repairs. And of course because LvLing up takes soo long.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 am

I definitely like that direction Savvage.

I think a few ideas from people would be nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 am

XViper wrote:

If the Devs could provide the XP numbers for various levels, so we can see the data all in one spot that would be nice.
well...

http://battleconquest.wikia.com/wiki/Experience#Unit_Experience

same exp for units for all races. Hero exp was changed though, but unit exp is still valid. Higher levels are definitely hard to get.. But... Max level army is a bit boring too.  Sleep 
Unless we get a lot more slots in barracks.
Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:21 am

I voted for a bit faster. It takes too long before you can decide of you want to keep a squad of units, or kick them out to make place for others.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 am

it could be a little faster only if player could order unit to stop getting more xp
Back to top Go down
Awass

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:00 am

Savvage wrote:
This thread depends...

If

Old Mechanics are what you're talking about, I'd vote 'a little bit faster'. Since the game was already so fun and fulfilling.
I don't see anything wrong with grinding. In fact, I thought of it as my obligation for personal wantings (frags, xp, rank) more than 'do it because exploit ahihihi'
After burning through my 12 CPs, I'd do a co-op or two then start PvPin, which I enjoy a lot.

If

Hades Mechanics are what you're talking about, I'd vote on something that isn't even on that poll, something that said 'a lot more faster!'
Looking on rankings and seeing how much CP people have currently, I'll I've been thinking is, 'Damn I could be top CP producer if I could just grind' And grinding is CP which can't be done on Hades :/

Are the Hades 'grinding' mechanics different from the old Erevos ones? What's holding you back from grinding CP on Hades?
Back to top Go down
Awass

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:01 am

Pyr wrote:
it could be a little faster only if player could order unit to stop getting more xp

Why would you want that?
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:48 am

Awass wrote:
Pyr wrote:

Why would you want that?

For pvp tiers purposes... Or generally to avoid higher level AI. I wish i could stall some units at lower levels forever...
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:20 am

Awass wrote:
Savvage wrote:
This thread depends...

If

If

Are the Hades 'grinding' mechanics different from the old Erevos ones? What's holding you back from grinding CP on Hades?
Only a few problems; collision, lack of information, having to 'scout', not being able to use artillery, lag, player disadvantage with AI having no FoW, having a battered up army composition (can't even bring 4 arti and 4 archers anymore), loss of motivation, strategy can't even allow x 2 button, and etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 am

arwas becusefor exapmle i want to enter t3 ant the end all my units will be lvl 20 and i want to enter some other tiers ?

by the way i votd for a litle slower ( its a only vote there ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ExtoZi

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:24 am

I suggest adding research line that gives bonus to exp for units and heroes, eg starts from 5% and up to 25%, or make barracks give exp bonus
Back to top Go down
uflb999

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Give dead units XP Razz
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:13 pm

uflb999 wrote:
Give dead units XP Razz

When your units died they used to lose exp. But according to this poll leveling could be less of a grind. I hope the devs will at least look at the poll and consider options for leveling.
Back to top Go down
uflb999

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 pm

No wonder my units are forever level 9/10
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Leveling my units   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Hey all,

Sorry for being inactive on the forum lately.

On the matter of leveling units, I am stuck at level 7 with my LI and level 6 with my LIA, archers and HI and it doesn't seem like they are leveling at all because my LI have been at level 7 for 2 months and 3 days now Crying or Very sad  (yes i have been keeping record).

I would like to ask the devs to please increase the rate of leveling a bit(or a lot) because at the moment it's really hard for me to get Godlike's on my units units and so getting tons more cp's.

You're most active Darkie slayer,

Gimlithedrunk255.  afro 
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Gimli wrote:
Hey all,

Sorry for being inactive on the forum lately.

On the matter of leveling units, I am stuck at level 7 with my LI and level 6 with my LIA, archers and HI and it doesn't seem like they are leveling at all because my LI have been at level 7 for 2 months and 3 days now Crying or Very sad  (yes i have been keeping record).

I would like to ask the devs to please increase the rate of leveling a bit(or a lot) because at the moment it's really hard for me to get Godlike's on my units units and so getting tons more cp's.

You're most active Darkie slayer,

Gimlithedrunk255.  afro 

you haven't even been battling for those 2 months so keeping records of your inactivity doesn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Awass

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Scaren wrote:

you haven't even been battling for those 2 months so keeping records of your inactivity doesn't make any sense.

He only said he was inactive on the forums. And I would have to agree. It must've taken me 100-200 hard, nightmare, and co-op battles to go from level 6-7 with my LIs. It takes about 10,000 xp, and in a good battle I could get 100, although often less and of course none when they died, which they sometimes did. HIs level slightly faster because they are really good at killing and tanking. The LIs can't take the same punishment, don't get as many kills, and die more. That's the problem with basing the xp system solely on kills, and giving no xp for deaths. It doesn't take into account the different roles of the different units. For example, cavalry can't just charge up the middle and rack up the kills like a good HI can. Their strength lies in flanking and reconnaissance, neither of which will get you any extra xp.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:13 am

Gaining xp does take too long, i am sitting on a lvl 17 army myself and that took me forever despite trainings grounds and xp godlike suicides. The experience curve is linear afaik. A while back I was suggesting to have alternative xp gaining ways, like a training facility where you could afk train xp for gold.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:09 am

A training facility incorporated in the city sounds good to me. XP for gold is a good idea to balance the market some more as well. +1
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:47 am

Claudandus wrote:
A training facility incorporated in the city sounds good to me. XP for gold is a good idea to balance the market some more as well. +1

No  No  No  No  No 
That won't work out that good because then it defeats the purpose of battle.

If it were so players would level their units with the gold the whole time and never battle and only begin battles when they have a huge, strong army. That way they'll have no or very little battle experience. The gem buyers would love it because when they buy a new unit they can instantly level it up to a higher level.

Last edited by Gimli on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:11 am

ExtoZi wrote:
I suggest adding research line that gives bonus to exp for units and heroes, eg starts from 5% and up to 25%, or make barracks give exp bonus

A HUGE +1 on that. Great idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)   Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does leveling units take too long? (+Suggestions and Discussion)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next