Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options

Go down 
+5
RuneSlayer
kuba_
Ulfriden
XViper
ferarith
9 posters

FoW and Volume
Yes FoW for PvP
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap18%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 39 ]
No FoW for PvP
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap3%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 6 ]
Yes FoW for PvE
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap11%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 25 ]
No FoW for PvE
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap11%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 23 ]
Yes Volume for PvP
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap16%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 34 ]
No Volume for PvP
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap5%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 10 ]
Yes Volume for PvE
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap12%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 26 ]
No Volume for PvE
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap10%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 21 ]
(If Yes to volume) Volume is perfect
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap1%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 3 ]
(If yes to volume) Volume needs work
FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_lcap13%FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 218

AuthorMessage
ferarith

FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options Empty
PostSubject: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 pm

So I've seen a request to split the major issues of the new battle mechanics being debated into separate polls. I've done that here, in a way which i believe captures the main thrust of the debates I've seen. I won't belabor my views on the subject I've said it many other places by now.

Instructions:
FoW = Fog of War. PvP = Player vs Player. PvE = Player vs AI & Coop's.
Please vote for only one choice in each pair to keep it honest.
Please Tryout the new battle system and see how the changes affect you before bashing them as different.
Feel free to not choose on an issue.

Disclaimer:
I voted for choices 1,4,5,7,10. I really like the way the Dev's have treated us and gone about improving the game. I want to thank them again for their efforts to improve BC, I simple believe that some of the things they've tried to do are mistakes and others need some more work(which Rune has freely admitted on some issues).

Important Note:
YOU can help change BC into what you want it to be, the Dev's for this game listen to the community IF we as the community make our will known they will consider it, they may say no, but they will think about it factor it into their decisions.

Thank you for your participation in the process,

Ferarith
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 pm

I think I voted the same as you Fera??

• Yes FoW for PvP
  • No FoW for PvE (due to AI 'cheating').
  • Yes Volume for PvP
  • Yes Volume for PvE
  • Volume needs work

However I'd also like to add my "No FoW for PvE" is only due to the way the AI currently acts (or doesn't act) to Fog of War.

As for volume needing work, I think it just needs some minor tweaks.
Perhaps less unit volume in combat, and maybe just SLIGHTLY less while moving around.

And as someone else mentioned (somewhere), if an order is given to move somewhere that is 'blocked' by an idle friendly unit, the idle unit should give way to the 'active' unit, and allow it to pass. (move out the way)

Alternatively, if the AI AP/gear difficulty was toned down a bit, the FoW wouldn't have such a negative 'stacking' affect on the overall game difficulty.

Generally people are upset because they are losing matches they otherwise used to win. So its not so much the mechanic itself, but the fact its made the game harder. Now that in itself isn't a horrible thing (people being able to win suicides with Excellent ratings 100% of the time was a little silly).

HOWEVER I think we can all appreciate how difficult it can be to prepare/fight against an enemy who (on average)

Has a higher AP army.
Has higher level units.
Has more units.
Has better gear.
Knows where all your units are.
All while you can't see a thing.

So I think rather than removing Fog of War, we need to look at balancing the inherent problem it may have caused indirectly instead.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:02 pm

X,
I respect your opinion. However from my pov, PvE should be for "casual" gaming, its the reason i enjoyed the game so much. easy/relaxing to play and understand, sure i lost some, but i didn't get a headache figuring out how i lost and what to improve on. PvP should be for "challenging" gaming, making people think react and outsmart a person just as handicapped as you, i've played a few and enjoy the challenge every now and again, but not ALL the time. But that's how I view my gaming experience in BC. And yes that's exactly how i voted.
F
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm

I like the new battle system, and i say that it needs only to be trained to it. Fight many battles, accept his mechanisms and u will be a great warrior!
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:16 pm

I am for Volume, but for Fog of War maybe it would be good to disable it in solo easy/normal/hard fights, so beginners would have time to get use to game mechanic (volume). In coop and higher difficulties Fog of War should be enabled.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:10 am

Gentlemen...just a heads up...

We are not blind....so whatever the poll result is, you WILL see changes in the volume on Monday...

As for FOW, we don't want to change it tbh...but we will definitely invest some time to make some AI tweaks.
Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm

XViper wrote:

• Yes FoW for PvP
  • No FoW for PvE (due to AI 'cheating').
  • Yes Volume for PvP
  • Yes Volume for PvE
  • Volume needs work

(...)

agree and voted the same<<
Back to top Go down
Anduin

Anduin

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:25 pm

I voted:
Yes FoW for PvP
Yes FoW for PvE
Yes Volume for PvP
Yes Volume for PvE
Volume needs work

I'm starting to love these new mechanics.  It has upped both the challenge and the enjoyment factor for me.

I'd rather they fix AI cheating than get rid of FoW for PVE.
Back to top Go down
Naz_

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:04 am

The new mechanics are good expet on ai cheating.

I'm more worried by the race balance and archer overpowered
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Why are there no options for if Fog of War needs tweaked?

I like Fog of War. I think it's a great feature. But I think it needs tweaking.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Tops wrote:
Why are there no options for if Fog of War needs tweaked?

I like Fog of War. I think it's a great feature. But I think it needs tweaking.

#1. I'm limited to 10 options.
#2. I didn't see a FoW change discussion just a YES/NO argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options   FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FoW/Volume Poll with multiple options
Page 1 of 1